Dealing With Idiots Who Ask for Rude Signs

TalkToMyHandsxD

Reaction score
Okay, so there are a couple dip-shits in my French class (need the credits to graduate with honors) who keep asking me for very signs so they can insult each other. I'm fine with people asking me for signs as long as they're not just trying to learn the insulting words. So, instead of just telling them that they're cut off from my education, I'm giving them each hand-drawn pictures of the Manual Alphabet, and teaching them to say "How do you sign..." and demanding that they memorize and perfect both if they want to know anything from them. They must sign the phrase and fingerspell the desired word without speech or any flaws. If I spot even one, I won't tell them, and they only get three chances before I simply say, "No. Three strikes you're out. Try again tomorrow. :D"

I wanted to know A) What you think of this very complicated yet awesomely mind-screwing way of saying "no, screw you for abusing my beautiful language." B) If you guys have ever done anything like this. I'd love to know. :ty:

1. "No"
2. "I do not hear you"
3. Cocked eyebrow - walk away

Follow these steps to freedom from idiots

Great idea!

I usually teach my friends silly words instead and tell them I won't teach them anything significantly dirty.

You could make them work for the dirty words... like "learn 3 clean, useful signs, and I'll teach you one that you want."

Why do they want to learn the dirty words??? Just teach them how to sign "turbocharged" and they won't bother you again.

As much as I think it is obnoxious, I do think it is a good start to learning sign.

If anyone approached me to learn ASL but all they wanted to know were the dirty words, they are sh*t outta luck.

Annoying when hearies get the "giggles" and say..."how do you sign F--- you"?....or Shyt Head.....and you being nice, tell them, and they giggle harder....

Did I ever say that? I initially responded to this thread with if hearing people wanted to learn swear words from me, they're out of luck.

and now you've turned this into fighting fire with fire. pft.

OK, I'll re-phrase so it sounds more on-topic. So, being obnoxious to someone who is being obnoxious is acceptable? Perhaps warranted?

I don't know. I don't have a perfect answer for the OP's question.

OK, I'll re-phrase so it sounds more on-topic. So, being obnoxious to someone who is being obnoxious is acceptable? Perhaps warranted?

I don't know. I don't have a perfect answer for the OP's question.

How does refusing to teach an obnoxious person dirty words in sign language make me obnoxious?

And, it doesn't make you specifically obnoxious.. I was saying in general. And, I just wanted your opinion. I'll retract the previous posts if it appears to attack you personally.

Back