Those Receiving SSI, How Much Do You Get Each Month?

How Much SSI Per Month?

• $600

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • $700

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $800

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $1100

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $1200

• $1300

• $1400

• $1500 or more

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would I get that paperwork or would I have to send for it?

They send it automatically right before your 24 month anniversary. I just got mine in the mail within the last week or so and September will be 2 years I have been on disability.

Hello, I have a question. I'm new to the forum. My son is deaf. He received a CI about 5 years ago. About 4 years ago, I went to see if I could get SSI for him, they said I made to much money. Does this sound right? Is there any assistance I could get, I just had to buy 2 new batteries which cost me $4oo. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hello, I have a question. I'm new to the forum. My son is deaf. He received a CI about 5 years ago. About 4 years ago, I went to see if I could get SSI for him, they said I made to much money. Does this sound right? Is there any assistance I could get, I just had to buy 2 new batteries which cost me $4oo. Your help is greatly appreciated.

You might want to contact the CI manufacturer to see if they help with remibursement programs (insurance). I finally got Medicare to pay for my CI batteries now......and appreciate that very much.

My daughter used to be on SSI for her speech related issues. The amount she got was based on earnings my husband & I earned at the time. She lost her SSI after 3 years when she went in for re-testing and they claimed she had a "75% understandability of her speech and was therefore not considered disabled". That was when she was ages 5-8. She is now 16, and her speech is still just as bad and she has other issues. I am not going to try again as it was too much of a hassle to buy her things on a separate receipt and keeping track of everything and sending in the receipts and her bank statement each month.

If your resource make over 2,000 per monthly then your son may not get SSI. Have you ask medicaid dept about it?

You might want to contact the CI manufacturer to see if they help with remibursement programs (insurance). I finally got Medicare to pay for my CI batteries now......and appreciate that very much.

Oh thats awesome. i guess it depends on which states that can provide a remibursement programs. But it's good for everyone to read this and they can check their local ssa and medicare/medicaid depts to see if they can provides.

Posting for a friend:
What is the rule now to work part-time? Up to 900 dollars for how long? And can you have Medicare or Medicaid with SSDI or wait 2 years?

Posting for a friend:
What is the rule now to work part-time? Up to 900 dollars for how long? And can you have Medicare or Medicaid with SSDI or wait 2 years?

Don't know about working part time, but you do have to wait 2 years before you can get Medicare, but Medicaid you can get usually whenever, as long as you qualify. I don't qualify for Medicaid and I will be getting my Medicare effective September 2010.

I have a question?

What other things do you qualify for besides SSI/SSD and medicare even though medicare sucks but I am graceful for it.:ty:

I would believe limited number of people who gets nice and fat SSA checks. There have to have several factors involved, Blindness do get extra income on top of other purpose income. I have seen over $2k a month, but not yet 3K a month so the chances are probably there is one.

Me? zero from Uncle Sam, I got better source of income.

Exactually!!!! I tried to help a deaf lady get a job that would pay her pre-taxes $2000 a month, she Responded: "I would rather get $650 from SSI and not have to go through the trouble of getting up early and getting to work on a bus and then taking the bus home with all those hearing people" and that is the exact quote from her....Lazy Bitch...Good For Nothing....and all my effort for nothing, that's the thanks I get.

Sad, eh?

I couldn't image only 650 dollars a month from SSI, that is less than what I am paying for housing! :shock:

Exactually!!!! I tried to help a deaf lady get a job that would pay her pre-taxes $2000 a month, she Responded: "I would rather get $650 from SSI and not have to go through the trouble of getting up early and getting to work on a bus and then taking the bus home with all those hearing people" and that is the exact quote from her....Lazy Bitch...Good For Nothing....and all my effort for nothing, that's the thanks I get.

If you want accurate information, do not ask people from bars, and here too. Go to SSA office and ask them these questions because I found out each cases are treated different, so what you get answer from bars or here the chances are you may get wrong answer.

Posting for a friend:

:lol: that's like declining a big lottery win because she would lose her precious SSI benefits! :lol:

Other reason I can see and I am guilty one. I used to be like her. Not because of getting up, dealing with bus as I always own vehicle. I hate bus, anyway the reason I have been avoiding looking for job for 18 years is because health insurance. What I found out that it is only temporary.

:lol: that's like declining a big lottery win because she would lose her precious SSI benefits! :lol:

There are many like that too....... It's a sham(e)

I heard a lady say once "I wouldn't want to win the lottery......I wouldn't want to pay all those taxes"...... lol. Not a joke, met her in a bar in Ohio.

I heard a lady say once "I wouldn't want to win the lottery......I wouldn't want to pay all those taxes"...... lol. Not a joke, met her in a bar in Ohio.

Exactly what I have heard from someone as well. Sad!

One guy (is on SSI) looked at me, and said; "you are not from America, and how come you travel overseas two/three times every year?" My response was; work.

He said Lucky you, I should find a job soon.

It was two years ago, and now he still on SSI. :roll:

Exactly what I have heard from someone as well. Sad!

One guy (is on SSI) looked at me, and said; "you are not from America, and how come you travel overseas two/three times every year?" My response was; work.

He said Lucky you, I should find a job soon.

It was two years ago, and now he still on SSI. :roll:

My friend is on SS, and travels all over the world constantly...

Back