What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken w squash, mushrooms, onions, and white rice.

Mock shrimp salad, a sandwich and tea.
It's tasty.

Steak, baked potato, orange juice.

Mixed berry sorbet for dessert. I wanted lime sorbet, but much to my dismay, I learned that lime is not made every day.

I've had a craving for steak but can't make myself buy one at our local prices. Sheeesh!

I've had a craving for steak but can't make myself buy one at our local prices. Sheeesh!

Ours didn't start out as a steak. It was a very large bottom round roast from Sam's Club. My husband cut it up, and it became two big steaks for tonight, smaller steaks for two other nights, two small roasts, and a bit of stew meat.

So six good meals for $14. It's kind of a bargain, because he is very talented.

And it was better than a fancy cut in a restaurant with the marinade of honey, lime, garlic that it spent it's afternoon in.

Tonight - cheap, easy and good. Spaghetti with garlic toast.

went to the meat store and bought fresh ribeye steak (not frozen) and bought a fat potatoe and ate them wit' steamed broccoli...puts hair on muh chest..also bought T-bone steak and will cook it on weekend.. :rockon:

cerial weetabix i stuck in bed so unable to cook husband not going to do it for me

I finally bought a wok today. made a stir fry to see how it goes. not bad!

Joyce Chen - 14" Carbon Steel Wok for $25
4626__47180_std.jpg

I finally bought a wok today. made a stir fry to see how it goes. not bad!

Joyce Chen - 14" Carbon Steel Wok for $25
4626__47180_std.jpg

Looks very much like mine, except that mine is well seasoned after 25 years of use.

Enjoy it!! They also make awesome popcorn.

I used to have a wok for making stir fries, think it might have got badly scratched up, which doesn't make much sense cuz I would have used the wooden tools that came with it < was a holiday gift> and I guess wouldn't think they'd scratch it.
But I don't have the wok anymore - made some yummy stir fry stuff in it though!

Last night had dog training class with one of my girls and so had Blueberry Cliff Bar and hard boiled egg before I left; after - just was very tired and had almond butter toast and went to bed.

Tonight, I may have spaghetti.

Dunno what's for dinner tonight....need to use up the left overs I guess.... kids may have hot dogs with tator tots or something.....

I had a salmon fillet, half an avocado and a cucumber tomato and quinoa salad I winged the recipe for, I will post it in the healthy recipes thread, it was delicious :D

ambrosia, your salmon looks yummy, making me hungry! I love fish but don't eat as much of it as I used to because of moving expenses/money issues since moving.

Tonight I have a turkey pasta cheesy casserole I made for hubby. For me, I may have some soy chorizo tacos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back