Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi OMG!

The Joker

Reaction score
Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi

EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) -- England defender Laura Bassett was inconsolable as she lay face down on the field, sobbing.

Japanese players gathered at the other end of the field in celebration - and relief - in realizing how close they came to squandering a chance to defend their Women's World Cup title.

After Japan was outplayed for much of the second half, a turn of Bassett's foot followed by a fortunate bounce off the crossbar led to an own goal in the final minute of stoppage time that allowed Japan pull out a 2-1 victory in the semifinal Wednesday. Japan will travel to Vancouver to face the United States on Sunday in a rematch of the 2011 championship game in Germany.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/own-goal-gives-japan-2-1-win-over-010740421--sow.html

:laugh2: :bowlol: :wtflol: :Owned:

Well the object of the game is to kick the ball into other teams goal not on your own goal. How stupid can you get?

I doubt it was "stupidity" as you callously said Joker. It was probably adrenaline going, excitement etc. Nobody knows what was going through her mind except her.

She feels bad enough apparently without people calling her stupid.

harsh....
Sucks to.be her right now....
ah well...

England not to chuffed about it but I expect we get up tomorrow carry on with our lives and she will have a picture in her head she wished she could forget but never will..
She going to get up to hugs and kisses.if been a guy hugs and kisses would not be waking up to...she got get a grip she screwed up man up and live with it

she got grow a pair if she wants be footballer

At least she wont be murdered, like what happened to the columbian player who dis an own goal in a workd cup way back..
Its sports..
Sucks but she shouldnt be hunted and harrassed and her life ruined over it..
It happens
All cool

the world will not end...the Williams lady who first name I forgot has just lost to young English girl .Williams not to thrilled

the world will not end...the Williams lady who first name I forgot has just lost to young English girl .Williams not to thrilled

Serena? Nope, she pulled it out at the end and won.

Back