anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting.

I wouldn't for the AK but I would for a John Deere tractor (the farm one, not the construction one). :D Wellllll, it IS very, very distinctive.

Please don't call me an audist.

And don't forget Harleys. For the life of me, they sound just like any other motorcycle but I've been cursed for saying that. :lol:

I wouldn't for the AK but I would for a John Deere tractor (the farm one, not the construction one). :D Wellllll, it IS very, very distinctive.

Please don't call me an audist.

I have shot .50, .60 cal machine guns from my ship. Shot AR-15 9mm and .308 and a Romanian AK-47 at an outdoor range that friends own.

My AR-15 .223, 55 grain (pics in Reba's post) is the best for firing all day long. Max range 600 yards. The bullet tumbles at distance and rips into you. I can also use 62 grain hollow points. The military M-4 that is currently in use is 5.56. The ammo is not interchangeable. The 7.62 is also not compatible with the .308.

The AK-47 sounds like a rattly JD tractor at speed. It is great for spraying targets. If you want accuracy, use an AR-15. It only sounds like a large spring snapping next to your ear.

If you want to knock down walls, attach a M-203 40mm grenade launcher under it. For civilian use you can use the 37mm and put in flares or smoke grenades. Great Christmas gift for your loved ones. :D

I have shot .50, .60 cal machine guns from my ship. Shot AR-15 9mm and .308 and a Romanian AK-47 at an outdoor range that friends own.

My AR-15 .223, 55 grain (pics in Reba's post) is the best for firing all day long. Max range 600 yards. The bullet tumbles at distance and rips into you. I can also use 62 grain hollow points. The military M-4 that is currently in use is 5.56. The ammo is not interchangeable. The 7.62 is also not compatible with the .308.

The AK-47 sounds like a rattly JD tractor at speed. It is great for spraying targets. If you want accuracy, use an AR-15. It only sounds like a large spring snapping next to your ear.

If you want to knock down walls, attach a M-203 40mm grenade launcher under it. For civilian use you can use the 37mm and put in flares or smoke grenades. Great Christmas gift for your loved ones. :D

ah Romanian-version? cool. My friend was a Bulgarian conscript and he said if you want a fine Bulgarian AK-47, you'd have to find one manufactured in over 10 years ago (if I recalled correctly...)

but yea - AK-47 is great for suppression and that's fine with me. I'll just rely on a sharpshooter to finish it off. :lol:

I've always heard that the Ingram submachine gun is more powerful with a sliencer than without. I dunno if that is true, since that is contrary to everything I have heard about silencers. I also heard they are almost absolutely silent that way. Dang, I wanna shoot one! :lol:

I've always heard that the Ingram submachine gun is more powerful with a sliencer than without. I dunno if that is true, since that is contrary to everything I have heard about silencers. I also heard they are almost absolutely silent that way. Dang, I wanna shoot one! :lol:

I'm gonna guess.

it's because of longer barrel perhaps? :dunno:

ah Romanian-version? cool. My friend was a Bulgarian conscript and he said if you want a fine Bulgarian AK-47, you'd have to find one manufactured in over 10 years ago (if I recalled correctly...)

but yea - AK-47 is great for suppression and that's fine with me. I'll just rely on a sharpshooter to finish it off. :lol:

My old Navy destroyer sitting in NY harbor had three 5"/38 dual gun mounts (that is 6 barrels).
- Semi-fixed ammo (shell/powder case)
- 2,600 fps
- max range 18,000 yards
- max height 37,000 feet
- 12-18 rounds per minute

I never got to operate one, but I did feel the fire ball and feel the concussion each time while standing nearby. Now that is a GUN! :cool2:

My old Navy destroyer sitting in NY harbor had three 5"/38 dual gun mounts (that is 6 barrels).
- Semi-fixed ammo (shell/powder case)
- 2,600 fps
- max range 18,000 yards
- max height 37,000 feet
- 12-18 rounds per minute

I never got to operate one, but I did feel the fire ball and feel the concussion each time while standing nearby. Now that is a GUN! :cool2:

lol Crocodile Dundee style.

I love shooting, but so far we only have soft air pistols... For my birthday I'm gonna make my husband take me to a shooting range where I can try out real guns and see what I like and don't like... but I have my neice and nephew in my house too much to buy any. Maybe when I'm rich I'll have a room just for guns.

I love shooting, but so far we only have soft air pistols... For my birthday I'm gonna make my husband take me to a shooting range where I can try out real guns and see what I like and don't like... but I have my neice and nephew in my house too much to buy any. Maybe when I'm rich I'll have a room just for guns.

My oldest son is really into airsoft guns. He has an H & K USP and a Colt M4 that look and feel like the real things. They even work like the real ones. I am getting more and more interested in them and may get involved to have fun with my son and also keep a tactical edge in my job. He went to look at a Glock 17 last night in air soft. Here is a video of the world's largest centerfire rifle the .950 JDJ. It is awesome!

The Guys from Knight Rifles Shoot the .950 JDJ, Extended Version - YouTube

My oldest son is really into airsoft guns. He has an H & K USP and a Colt M4 that look and feel like the real things. They even work like the real ones. I am getting more and more interested in them and may get involved to have fun with my son and also keep a tactical edge in my job. He went to look at a Glock 17 last night in air soft. Here is a video of the world's largest centerfire rifle the .950 JDJ. It is awesome!

The Guys from Knight Rifles Shoot the .950 JDJ, Extended Version - YouTube

I got a good laugh watching that video! Thanks for making my day!!

Its snowing here, supposed to get 4-6". Bored to death and counting the days til my shooting range re-opens April 1st 2012...72 more days! aRGgggg!! In the mean time I have created a wish list over at www.midwayusa.com my items are:

1) Remington UMC .38 Special +P SJHP
2) Hoppes #9 4oz
3) Galco D.A.O strong side/cross draw holster
4) Cartridge belt for .38 ammo
5) Speed loader

I'm still not sure if I should use Outers Nitro Solvent on my BLUE pistol frame... I'm scared it will damage/weaken the bluing.. can anyone verify that it is safe? or should I dump it down the toliet and buy some Hoppes #9?

Besides dreaming what have you guys/gals been doing gun-wise?

Besides dreaming what have you guys/gals been doing gun-wise?

It's winter here, so hard to do much outside... but earlier we took our airsoft guns out to an old cemetery, drew on paper plates to look like people who made us angry, put the plates on trees, and shot at them. Great target practice, plus great stress relief! hahahaha

It's winter here, so hard to do much outside... but earlier we took our airsoft guns out to an old cemetery, drew on paper plates to look like people who made us angry, put the plates on trees, and shot at them. Great target practice, plus great stress relief! hahahaha

Thats great! I know you want to shoot a "real" gun soon and I'm 99.9% positive you will like it! BTW I use those Birchwood Casey Zombie splatter targets... they are so much fun!
100_2957.jpg

Nice knife, targets and pistola! Like the grips.

I am looking into an airsoft pistol for training and fun with my son. KWA ATP (Adaptive Training Pistol) much like a Glock which is what I carry on duty.

Thats great! I know you want to shoot a "real" gun soon and I'm 99.9% positive you will like it! BTW I use those Birchwood Casey Zombie splatter targets... they are so much fun!
100_2957.jpg

ROFL the zombie target is SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!!!

Jeez, I disown gun only dad have ones for his own sm bus at the serv stat. I have seen many times when I was lil, sometimes he took me n' my sibling out to gun shooting range not far from my home. I don't like gun myself. I'm not too crazy abt that cuz I get nervous too easy n' disagreed with this idea not for my style. I can't believe my son luvz to play a game online w/o authority, he's just like his grandfather a lot more than I can't dare like his way. He also has bbgun for his own collection. My dad used to be u.s. military in WWll. Perhaps, that's why part of his hobby.

Back