what does PAH mean?

Jellybean

Reaction score
I saw a poster in the Massachusetts State Association of the Deaf's office with a bunch of people around it and it said PAH.

What does that mean?

It means "finally" I am sure other ADers post with different meaning.. Mine is "finally"

I saw a poster in the Massachusetts State Association of the Deaf's office with a bunch of people around it and it said PAH.

What does that mean?

Yeah, it means, "finally" as in "It's about time!", generally, and/or an "eventuallity" of something at long last coming to fruition.

What does 'PAH' that mean to me.. I would say, "finally, its about time"!!!!

PAH means Finally? How is that?

I think it has to do with how many deafies will mouth the word when they say "finally!" or something very similar...if you look at that person's mouth, oftentimes it will look like "pah!" when they are saying one of those words. At least, that's what I read.

pah (pä)
Used to express disgust or irritation.

i always hear people say Pah which mean they are disgusted or annoyed by whatever that are bothering them. i guess its different?

Not only Mass... DC used that word, also... It means finally u are here or bs... But one strange thing is Gallaudet Bookstore said PAH means Pepsi are here!

In SC the meaning is closer to "success". Like, "tah dah!" or "Eureka!"

I've never seen it used here for "Pepsi".

i asked my mom if she know anything about pah? she said yes.. its actually a sound that people made expressed for disgusting so that make sense to me why i hear people said pah .. i knew it was disgusting or annoyed.. but dont know why deaf people think it mean finally? i guess i am in hearing world too long! LOL

i asked my mom if she know anything about pah? she said yes.. its actually a sound that people made expressed for disgusting so that make sense to me why i hear people said pah .. i knew it was disgusting or annoyed.. but dont know why deaf people think it mean finally? i guess i am in hearing world too long! LOL
That's interesting. I've never seen "PAH" used for "disgusting" or "annoyed". In this area "PAH" is for positive accomplishment. Such as, someone trying to fix something over, and over again, and then "PAH", finally, success!

As a hearing person, if I'm frustrated or discouraged I might say "pooh" but I've never said "pah". If something's disgusting, I might say, "ewww" or "yuck" but not "pah". If something's annoying, I might say, "pfft" but not "pah". If an older British person hears something that he doesn't believe or accept, he might say, "bah!", as in "bah, humbug!" But not "pah". So, I don't think the "pah" sound has anything to do with sounds that hearing people make.

The closest I can imagine is, when someone is finally successful, they quickly breathe out a sigh of relief, and that might sound like a "pah".

:dunno:

That's interesting. I've never seen "PAH" used for "disgusting" or "annoyed". In this area "PAH" is for positive accomplishment. Such as, someone trying to fix something over, and over again, and then "PAH", finally, success!

As a hearing person, if I'm frustrated or discouraged I might say "pooh" but I've never said "pah". If something's disgusting, I might say, "ewww" or "yuck" but not "pah". If something's annoying, I might say, "pfft" but not "pah". If an older British person hears something that he doesn't believe or accept, he might say, "bah!", as in "bah, humbug!" But not "pah". So, I don't think the "pah" sound has anything to do with sounds that hearing people make.

The closest I can imagine is, when someone is finally successful, they quickly breathe out a sigh of relief, and that might sound like a "pah".

:dunno:

that is strange? lol i dont know.. but i did found what pah mean in the dictionary.. here is link.. Dictionary entries for 'pah' - Ask.com Search

Back