Depression, anyone?...

Audiofuzzy

Reaction score
I've been hit by a bout of depression lately. Sucks....
Must be November..
Summer, summer, beautiful, sunny, hot summer where did you go??
oh, where????? come back!!!! pleeeaseee!!!!

Fuzzy

I too, get a little down in the dumps during the winter months...love sunshine...

I hate dementors (depression) =/ been going through it for 4 years now. I try to think positive but sometimes it doesn't work.
But I always look on the bright side of life.

You are awesome, we all are.

I have depressionit pretty much means you have to learn to look at the good sid of yhings. Not let it take you down. Its a struggle but its possible. Cant argue its not hard but yeah....

I'm no doctor but the first thing came up to my mind is that is it possible you're experiencing SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)?

If so, that might explain why you're feeling blah-y? Whatever it is, I hope you'll bounce back to your old self.

I experience many times alots of review to past Hearing Again posts sorry 2006 I understand I believe you have Bipolar disorder. It is very difficult to question?
few options Bipolar Disorder.

For SAD you have to either go more out on sun or get bright light and stay under the bright light for an hour or two a day

Thanks everyone, your kind responses cheered me up, even if the subject itself is not exactly very cheerful, still, it's nice to hear back from you guys.

To reply to some questions - I think I do have SAD - I feel great in summer with lots of light and a heatwave, and as soon as it pass
(and here in western Canada it could be anywhere between Sep - Nov, (this year Nov) - is all just blah...

If it's just the temperatures go down but it's dry, is still okay, but once the rain and dark starts, all I want to do is crawl into a black hole and die..

I do fight back. I take Vit D every single day, and try to keep busy. It does help. a bit.

btw- calling depression 'dementors' is very crafty, indeed and describe it to a 't'! :giggle: thumbs up for coming up with that!

Fuzzy

It what happens when you are a Potterhead (Harry Potter fan)... Plus JK Rowling even said that Dementors were the symbol or word meaning depression as she suffers from it too. The Patronus is all the happiness or happy moments you can think of to defeat the dementors.

And i know what you mean by "Western Canada and the weather and season ranges from (really) whenever it feels like it"

I think I have a touch of SAD. I'm ready for bed when the sun sets. I try to keep myself busy in the evenings until it's time for bed & that is helping.
I look forward to Dec 28 - a week after the solstice - when I start noticing the daylight getting longer.

Wirelessly posted

I also suffer from depression, and it does get worst in the winter. Shorter days are hard on me mentally, and physically.

It can be hard if your not feeling well and everything needs to get done. We have Thanksgiving next week then soon after Christmas. I'm a little sad because my daughter is not living here this year. She loves the holidays and loves to cook.

I always say I'm going to get an early start on shopping but every year something comes up that prevents that.

Audiofuzzy glad to see you post. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Yes I experience to anxiety/depression alots of suffer really alots of quality.

Many people have suffer to diagnose to biploar/w health problem on check your health have illness suffer to really. alots of have problem suffer.

It continue to hard times.. it is difficult to struggle to depression uneasy for cope management to suffer.

you will better take an your cope your life depression :) be positive your mind! it is normal your take an times

Hope be you okay everything.

I have SAD and what helped me is to go outside in the sun during winter months for about 20 minutes daily. I sit on a lawn chair in my winter coat when its cold outside and I feel the sun on my face and become happier:) I remind myself that in a few months, spring will be coming next and the spring flowers will be blooming, then the summer is next!!

I also put lavender oil drops on my palm and smell them to help swift my mood to be happier. I just ordered orange oil so will get it in the mail next week. I heard that orange oil helps people who have SAD. I think it is because orange oil has tropical smell and reminded people of summer!

Hi Angel ! :wave:

I forgot to add I am a big fan of Harry, too, am currently re-watching the movies from the beginning and thinking of re-reading the books as well, lol
wish Joanne would come up with something like "Harry Potter adventures while on vacation from Hogwarts" or something like that, or even more adventures while at Hogwarts -after all she is an excellent writer, she CAN come up with new stuff.
If I am not mistaken she did create a new HP movie entirely for Florida Disneyworld, no? how I envy, cos so far I have no chance to see it unless they'll release on dvd (fat chance)..

Fuzzy

Hi Angel ! :wave:

I forgot to add I am a big fan of Harry, too, am currently re-watching the movies from the beginning and thinking of re-reading the books as well, lol
wish Joanne would come up with something like "Harry Potter adventures while on vacation from Hogwarts" or something like that, or even more adventures while at Hogwarts -after all she is an excellent writer, she CAN come up with new stuff.
If I am not mistaken she did create a new HP movie entirely for Florida Disneyworld, no? how I envy, cos so far I have no chance to see it unless they'll release on dvd (fat chance)..

Fuzzy

JK Rowling is making a movie about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Also, Diagon Alley is being opened in WWofHP I think in the Spring?
Also, there is LeakyCon (HP Convention) which is happening in Orlando, Florida in the Summer :)

Thanks everyone, your kind responses cheered me up, even if the subject itself is not exactly very cheerful, still, it's nice to hear back from you guys.

To reply to some questions - I think I do have SAD - I feel great in summer with lots of light and a heatwave, and as soon as it pass
(and here in western Canada it could be anywhere between Sep - Nov, (this year Nov) - is all just blah...

If it's just the temperatures go down but it's dry, is still okay, but once the rain and dark starts, all I want to do is crawl into a black hole and die..

I do fight back. I take Vit D every single day, and try to keep busy. It does help. a bit.

btw- calling depression 'dementors' is very crafty, indeed and describe it to a 't'! :giggle: thumbs up for coming up with that!

Fuzzy

Some people with SAD get a special lamp that puts out more wavelengths of light like ott-light.

Yeah, I've heard of that, thanks. I was tempted, but I can't afford it right now, though times financially, ya know.
Maybe I get lucky on Craigslist sometime, who knows. fingers crossed.

I was basking in different kind of rays tonight, though ;) - digital ones,
watching part 6 of Harry with my daughter! :giggle:

can you believe it, my daughter can't bring herself to watch the last part yet b/c she says it like something would die in her. Yep she never ever watched the end of HP series ever!

Fuzzy

Back