Russian, U.S. satellites collide in space

I don't to appear not so bright....but what does this mean? I understand sat's crashing but that is all.

I don't to appear not so bright....but what does this mean? I understand sat's crashing but that is all.

right that's it. :) It's just a concern because in orbit - the debris is flying over 15,000 mph. Even a debris as small as golf ball can cause the damage equivalent to missile. Fortunately - the space shuttle/station/satellite are designed to handle the impact but that's the reason why the lifespan is relatively short (usually about a decade or so).

ISS is one gigantic complicated piece of equipment. You can imagine how many things can go wrong if it ran into a field of debris. let's hope it doesn't :)

He questioned how U.S. government, which tracks all space junk larger than a football, didn't see this coming. But he said the system will continue to work without any noticeable problems.

I want answers! <thumping on table>

:rofl: Glad that US and Russia did not start nuke war over collided satellite. :rofl:

Maybe they are trading insurance cards and make report to their cop on Satellite collision. I sure home US and Russia have insurance (one of the strangest case in the world). j/k :rofl2:

Dang! more space junks! Hopefully more junks falls into Atmosphere and burn up (I sure hope it's not any objects as big as Skylab that fell into earth!! heard that NASA will happily pay you million bucks if you found it in your backyard!!:naughty::deal:). I read somewhere that NASA is suggesting a really big array with special materials that catches space junk while Shuttle or any manned station are being use so to protect Astronauts and Cosmonauts.

Maybe one day they'll clean up space junks!

Of course not only satellite, meteorites and space debris are still floating around earth space anyway.

Catty

Because of the earth's gravity pull, the debris will fall towards our planet while also orbiting. In its path are two very important spacecrafts: Hubble & ISS.

_45471811_satellite_collision466x315.gif

BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | Russian and US satellites collide

The satellite was launched in 1993 and ceased to function two years later, he said according to the AFP news agency.

Russia has not commented on claims the satellite was out of control.

Because of the earth's gravity pull, the debris will fall towards our planet while also orbiting. In its path are two very important spacecrafts: Hubble & ISS.

_45471811_satellite_collision466x315.gif

Wokamuka, where you been? I know I go missing but when I come back, I always look for your posts but I haven't see any of late. Well, I missed ya, even though I am not here much!!

Back