DEA investigating misuse of prescription drugs?

Just plain stupidity. We, the New Yorkers are seeing the effect after NY government tighten up and increase scrutiny against doctors, and it did decrease rx refill on pain killer, know what happened afterwards? Heroin overdoses have started climbing! More and more just admitted emergency room for Heroin overdoses..

Isnt it time to quit criminalize drug users and treat them as illness rather than criminals? I am ok with rx on painkillers but forcing them return to work is a bad idea, with or without painkillers.

What the above posts are leaving out is that the DEA is investigating the NFL not prescription drugs in general (for people like you and me). They're investigating whether or not the NFL medical staff are handling painkillers etc appropriately.

I suspect that may be different than what's going on in NY. There's always been strict rules regarding dispensing painkillers and higher level narcotics & other meds. It's to keep fraudulent prescriptions out (I saw one once that my sister had to report).

NFL clubs should file a lawsuit against the DOJ
Explain why?

Considering there's been stories of abuse of steroids and any other drugs including painkillers for many years yes the NFL needs to be under scrutiny. So does MLB.

You missed my point, I was referring to law that actually encourages people trying different drug to cover up or lie under drug test. Its getting worse and worse. How does criminalize drug uses going to solve the problem? Like I said in other thread the other day, human mind is very powerful, and would manipulate whatever in order for one to get what they wanted.

What the above posts are leaving out is that the DEA is investigating the NFL not prescription drugs in general (for people like you and me). They're investigating whether or not the NFL medical staff are handling painkillers etc appropriately.

I suspect that may be different than what's going on in NY. There's always been strict rules regarding dispensing painkillers and higher level narcotics & other meds. It's to keep fraudulent prescriptions out (I saw one once that my sister had to report).

Explain why?

Considering there's been stories of abuse of steroids and any other drugs including painkillers for many years yes the NFL needs to be under scrutiny. So does MLB.

I can't explain it..Politics is not allowed here

then don't make a statement that may cause people to question WHY you are making that statement if you know you are not allowed to talk about politics...

---
not sure I quite agree with the idea that a law "encourages people to go and try different drugs to 'cover up' or lie under drug tests. That's been going on forever I'm sure... I've had to do drug tests for many jobs going back to my first one in 1989. Maybe it does but people are going to do what they do regardless of if there is a law or not.

Its way obviously, if u look carefully on history timeline, check each time government beefed up the law, results shows newer and dangerous drug surfaced. For instance, have u heard of K2? Thats after govermnent beefed up drug testing program for workplace, resulted somebody come up the idea of k2 which is synthenic marijuana and it wont show up test result hecause their half life is far much shorter than real marijuana. And its more lethal and dangerous than the real leaf as cannabis. Meth, known as Ice or crystals surfaced, and other designer drugs like Estacy, and other drugs surfaced every time DEA beefed up on enforcing the drug laws. It has not changed, nor improve at all.
Now with tighter prescription pain killer that went effect in NY as of last year, and I know i5 cause I do take pain killer for 4 years already, and as soon as the prescription pain killer regulation tighten up, I had to fight to get refill, its much harder to get refill, and I saw surge of heroin usage and there have been reports on increasing emergency room overdoses already, approximately 85% increase from year ago. The goverment were clueless on why surge.. duh! Didnt they forget that they have tighten up these pain killer regulations? Its now much easier to get Heroin than the pain killer.

Are u aware of few new cases of Krokodil here in America? Its far more scary than u think, once get taste of krokodil which is pretty much sythenic version of heroin, there is no turning back, because the side effect is painful withdrawl, much more painful which encourage addict shoot more to the point they no longer is a human being... life epectancy is 2 years from first onset of krokodil dosage.
Other deadly about heroin is that addict could recover, and the deadlier it becomes when they relapse, is that they dont realize that they can get overdose if they shoot same amount of heroin as pre- recovery period. It gets deadlier.
Dont tell me cannabis is a gateway drug... its the law itself thats truly a gateway drug.
If u say no to kids on whatever they want, not all kids will follow your instruction, some kids will get curious on why no in the first place, they will want try and find out why no in the first place.

I have been in drug world, seen enough to understand them better. Criminalize them only fuels their angry toward authority, and thats what its happening. Dont believe me? Then why there is revolving doors at prisons for those addicts? Many other countries governments including united nations are now rethink of stupid united states own drug policy and they are now scrapping these policy and considered them unworkable policy.

And don't forget Richard Nixon started the war with drugs, authorized first year spending of a Million dollars, now, how much is it for this fiscal year, and the total spent already past trillion dollars, how come the goal of drug free never materialized EVEN after trillions of taxpayers dollars well spent? It does not even include the money recover and used from drug bust. It has NOT made a dent in drug black market since Richard Nixon declared stupid, pointless war on drugs.

---
not sure I quite agree with the idea that a law "encourages people to go and try different drugs to 'cover up' or lie under drug tests. That's been going on forever I'm sure... I've had to do drug tests for many jobs going back to my first one in 1989. Maybe it does but people are going to do what they do regardless of if there is a law or not.

then don't make a statement that may cause people to question WHY you are making that statement if you know you are not allowed to talk about politics...

---

Do you know in order for any law enforcement agency must get a warrant to search around your business. DEA agents are not exempt from the law. They still must get a warrant. Just like a cop was videotapped he wanted search his guy car. The guy said no,,He forced his way in and he's in a lot of hot water cause he violated his constitutional rights.

DeafDucky, check this link..

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/01/us/synthetic-drugs-investigation/index.html?hpt=us_c1

Read the paragraph from that link, what does that mean to you?

"These drugs are being marketed and sold as legal alternatives to marijuana, cocaine, meth and heroin," said John Scherbenske of the DEA.
As states and the federal government race to "schedule" or ban chemical compounds, the manufacturers are staying one step ahead of the law by constantly changing the drugs' chemical composition.
"The chemical companies are altering the compound ever so slightly to avoid our laws here in the United States. Once they alter that chemical, it is no longer a controlled substance," said Scherbenske.
According to the DEA, the majority of the chemical companies manufacturing synthetic drugs are in China. The U.S. government and other Western countries have been putting pressure on the Chinese government to ban certain chemicals and to stop the export of these chemicals worldwide.
In the new world of drug dealing, the chemicals are manufactured overseas, sold online in bulk and imported into the United States, where they are assembled and packaged for resale. These drugs are then labeled as research chemicals, not for human consumption, to avoid prosecution.
Scherbenske said there is no known legitimate purposes for these chemicals.
The drugs that killed Christian and Elijah were not banned by the DEA at the time of their death. The teens' parents had never even heard of 2C-I-NBOME.

This fits my theory that drug law itself is a gateway to bigger drug problems, not marijuana because Marijuana is illegal to begin with, and because of that law, users don't want to be detected by drug test and get caught, so they use alternative chemical so that it won't show up on drug test. The link above mentioned drug that DEA never seen before, that is one way to get away with drug test... why get away with drug test? Marijuana cause that? No, its drug law itself that cause somebody to try something else and get themselves killed. If *only if* Marijuana were legal in the first place, these kids would likely use Marijuana than these white substance instead and would have still be alive today.

Don't forget chronic pot smoker would fail their drug test as long as 45 days after last joint, as compared as any other drug which would either undetectable or disappears in matter of hours and they are more potent and dangerous.

---

You missed my point, I was referring to law that actually encourages people trying different drug to cover up or lie under drug test. Its getting worse and worse. How does criminalize drug uses going to solve the problem? Like I said in other thread the other day, human mind is very powerful, and would manipulate whatever in order for one to get what they wanted.

so you're saying some strict drug law is encouraging NFL players to dope up?????

Do you know in order for any law enforcement agency must get a warrant to search around your business. DEA agents are not exempt from the law. They still must get a warrant. Just like a cop was videotapped he wanted search his guy car. The guy said no,,He forced his way in and he's in a lot of hot water cause he violated his constitutional rights.

nope. probable cause is all they need. but that would depend on situation.

To get away or go around drug test, also curious WHY illegal in the first place as their thoughts would be, something so special in it and wanted know why it is illegal to begin with. Its too common.

Just think about this, you love coffee, and coffee is illegal and coffee stays in your body for days making coffee test detectable on you, what your going to do? You may try decaf to cover the coffee test because decaf don't have caffeine in it.

It is all mental thing that law can not stop them.

I have talked, listened with plenty of drug users, witness their usage and so on. One of common I heard from those who used to smoke weeds said, I have drug test this week, how am I going to stay high? Other drug user would say, hey try this, as this won't show up on drug test... BAM! They have tried new drug... and became addicted to it.. how did this happen to begin with? All because of fear with drug test.... who makes drug test? It is drug law itself that promotes drug tests after all.

I have seen plenty, I haven't seem Krokodil in my real life but the rest, I have seen, including synthetic marijuana... Its scary than you might think. No, it is not bad, it is WORSE!

so you're saying some strict drug law is encouraging NFL players to dope up?????

To get away or go around drug test, also curious WHY illegal in the first place as their thoughts would be, something so special in it and wanted know why it is illegal to begin with. Its too common.
are you currently under influence of illegal substance... because this post isn't making any sense. it's irrelevant. anyway - it's illegal because maybe it's..... dangerous?

Just think about this, you love coffee, and coffee is illegal and coffee stays in your body for days making coffee test detectable on you, what your going to do? You may try decaf to cover the coffee test because decaf don't have caffeine in it.

It is all mental thing that law can not stop them.
I'm sorry but NFL doping up and some punks doping are not quite the same.

I have talked, listened with plenty of drug users, witness their usage and so on. One of common I heard from those who used to smoke weeds said, I have drug test this week, how am I going to stay high? Other drug user would say, hey try this, as this won't show up on drug test... BAM! They have tried new drug... and became addicted to it.. how did this happen to begin with? All because of fear with drug test.... who makes drug test? It is drug law itself that promotes drug tests after all.
I would suggest that you should pick a different crowd but hey - it's your life. and if they don't want drug tests.... go find another job.

I would suggest them to seek help and get clean.

I have seen plenty, I haven't seem Krokodil in my real life but the rest, I have seen, including synthetic marijuana... Its scary than you might think. No, it is not bad, it is WORSE!
what's scary is drug users hurting innocent people.

. . . If *only if* Marijuana were legal in the first place, these kids would likely use Marijuana than these white substance instead and would have still be alive today....
Why use any substance at all? They would still be alive today without marijuana or white substance.

. . . how did this happen to begin with? All because of fear with drug test.... who makes drug test? It is drug law itself that promotes drug tests after all....
Again, if they didn't use any drugs, they wouldn't have to fear drug tests.

Reba, that is how you are seeing and thinking. Those people don't see, or think the same way you see and think.

Reba, that is how you are seeing and thinking. Those people don't see, or think the same way you see and think.

of course not! those people don't see or think the same way we do because they're drug addicts/dealers/criminals.

Derp1.jpg

diehard I in same position..i think you saying you on strong medication for pain and that law could stop doctors doing their job in helping those of us who have misfortune suffer day in and out, we would end up using something different shorter life span but stronger. certain meds I take are now classed as similar to heroin they not as strong or addictive as heroin but some people have abused them and now genuine pain stricken people are going to suffer is one of the outcomes..
I totally agree how dh see it decriminalize and no need look for quick fix...many drug addicts are in work got good jobs and do it well proberly live to 90 so how do making them criminal help anybody...
I have put it badly bc I am in great pain not thinking well bc I not taken my pain killers yet..have I got gist of it dh

Back