Realtime Deaf/HoH Support Group for Breast Cancer

Kuchenhexe

Reaction score
Young Survival Coalition starts a real-time Deaf/HoH Support Group for all stages of Breast Cancer

All other real-time support groups for breast cancer I've been able to find are telephone-based. I brought this problem to the YSC's national board, and they agree the Deaf community is underserved in this area and stepped up to meet this need.

Fourth Monday of the month (Oct 27) at 8pm Eastern Time. If there's enough a need for this support group, they'll look into supporting real-time video chat to make it more accessible for ASL users. All stages of Breast Cancer and BC Survivors welcome.
http://community.youngsurvival.org/index.php?/topic/47192-ysc-online-support-groups-deafhoh-group/

this something I feel strongly about but I in uk and use bsl....there many reasons deaf need group like this but I think it should be international....I have tried so hard here in uk find group with same issues...this sod awful breast cancer can make it very difficult and hard to sign if have lymphoma after and many do

Caz, YSC has users all across the globe. A friend of mine from the boards is in Poland. It's not limited to USA users. I hope to see you there.

I did not realize that lymphedema hindered signing. That's one SE I've been spared. Please consider coming to the YSC boards community.youngsurvival.com

Just a reminder, the Deaf/HoH Chat is tonight at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central. See the link in the first post for details.

Back