Ukraine Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I don't think Russia views it as much of a loss....

Laura

I guess this means Putin won't be getting a Pepperidge Farm Christmas Basket from Obama this year.

Wirelessly posted

If Ukraine refuse to surrender at Crimea, may be ready to war?

:slap:

War is not going to happen. Stop think of bad things that will happen.

Who want to be in war? Nobody except Chevy57. :D

Why does Ukraine own a lot of money to Russia? What kind of financial did Russia give to Ukraine? to rebuild the construction in Ukraine?

I'm not surprised that Russia wants to reconquer Crimea, because it is a port. Russia has a long history of conquering water ports. Kaliningrad (Koenigsberg) is one of them. I bet Peter the Great would do it in a second.

The debt goes back a while. Part that I'm aware of came from when Russia accused Ukraine of siphoning off natural gas destined for EU. A Swedish court ruled that they owe Russia like 430 billion cubic ft of natural gas. Russia stopped distributing through the Ukraine for a while, then resumed in smaller amounts. This also made countries in the EU unhappy, since alternate routes were more expensive.

Wirelessly posted

authentic said:
Wirelessly posted

If Ukraine refuse to surrender at Crimea, may be ready to war?

:slap:

War is not going to happen. Stop think of bad things that will happen.

Who want to be in war? Nobody except Chevy57. :D

Lol. You have to born in USSR. You join to be army. Lol

I don't think Russia needs to conquer/take over any land here. They just need to raise enough of a stink that they maintain foothold around the Black Sea for decades to come. It looks like Russia is taking an economic beating in this, but I think them losing military and economic presence around this area would be worse for them in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back