SnapVRS Ojo or ZVRS?????

GoneInsane85

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just graduated from RIT and just started working in the "real word" Right now I am currently in training learning how to do my job properly so far its going good with customers and dealing with emails.

However I need to talk to customers over the phone from time to time. So i bought my SnapVRS Ojo to work more like bringing it from Rochester, NY to Seattle WA. I got it set up but then I have been having problems with snapVRS support. How the hell can i just reach tech support?

- AIM they are never online.
- No number to dial directly to tech support besides the interpreter at 711
- Emails suck been emailing for 2 days now and no response.
- google chat again they are never online.

I also need to change my Ojo number to the work number is that possible?

Should i just give up on SnapVRS and go to ZRS? Sorenson? Purple? Keep in mind this is for a business environment

Many thanks!!!

Have you tried call their customer support and if you're able to connect to them and have them transfer you to their tech support. That's all I can think of. If you can’t, then you may consider switching to different VP service.

I hope everything worked out for you. You probably will have to deal with difficult if you decide to go different VP service. I tried to get Sorenson's nTouch for my iPad and cellular phone, but they never respond to my registration (over a year) and even I signed up again - still no respond. So, I decided to go ZVRS and signed up their Z-4 service (mobile App/software) with no problem. Their customer service was pretty fast and helpful. And when I decided to buy their product (Z-340) but it turned out real PIA. They told me I must change my Internet modem to different brand. So, I went to TWC and got new modem. And then next thing they told me the new modem is not compatible with Z-340! I decided not to buy the product and keep using their service with my iPad, cellular phone, and webcam.

I just wanted to warn you if you planned to switch to different service.

Yea i tried that and it didn't work by making them transfer me to tech support.

Aw man that sucks I was hoping for some company out there that will have good support service. Sometimes I feel like some people are lazy since they get the money from the government or less competition who knows why.

Thanks for the heads up maybe some other people have suggestions like sorenson? purple or anything??

It's all depending on what kind of internet you have at work and don't know much about your back ground, when you said "talk" to customer, I'm assuming that you can speak over the phone? If yes, then Sorenson or ZVRS Z-20 will be good for you. The only differences between the two is that Sorenson VP use internet alone and you will need desk phone, whereas Z-20 intergrate all in one, using internet video plus IP phone. The only concern using internet video and ip phone combined, you need to have good internet/data speed to get good quality pictures. There's a plus of using Z-20 that it has WebEx Cisco support for like tech meeeting or whatever.

I use Sorenson VP and I voiced myself and have no real issues with it and I use webex right off my laptop with built in webcam.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply i will consider that and the high internet speed at work isn't a issue since we have huge pipes mainly due to the product that requires a decent amount of bandwidth

So you don't have any problems with Soresonson? Does Soresonson still use VP-200 only? Or what sorry i am behind on everything since i didn't need VP during my college years

You will be getting nTouch VP, I used to work for Sorenson and left about 2 years ago. I'm not sure if they still provide you TV monitor along with nTouch. My company purchase 19" LCD TV for me before I got VP-200. It take up a little space on your desk though. There's new product came out which called nTouch-One (If that what they call it), it intergrate eveything in one. What Sorenson said it's only for Federal Gov use only. I'm not sure about business in general.

Yes, I still have VP-200 and still waiting for upgrade to nTouch VP. One thing I like about this, using TV I can use as dual purpose, it's act as VP or I can switch input to HDMI that connected to the computer. So now I have 4 monitors across my desk.

Hello GoneInsane85,

I was browsing around this site and came across your thread. As an employee with Purple, I just wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear that you are a disappointed VRS customer. We see many frustrated customers daily, which is disheartening because using VRS should not be this difficult. As a valued customer, you deserve the support from your VRS provider and they should be responding promptly in order to sustain optimal customer experience.

If I may, I recommend checking out the services provided by Purple Communications. Our services include, but are not limited to, Video relay (VRS), text relay (including IP-Relay, i711, and ClearCaptions), on-site interpreting, and video remote interpreting. We pride ourselves on our efficient serviceability with enterprise customers and professional account-holders. We equip our business customers with products that improve efficiency and productivity in the workplace.

Since you are looking for a VRS provider to support you at work, we may be able to suit your professional needs. Our software and equipment make it easy for you to establish a smooth flow of communication with both Deaf and hearing person(s). For example, our software includes
a video-based message system that allows you to record a personal ASL outgoing message, receive messages in ASL and leave messages for other Purple VRS users in ASL. Are you tired of hearing people hanging up when they hear the message, "The person you have dialed uses a videophone..."? As a solution, our customers are able to record a personal voice greeting that the interpreter relays to the hearing caller. You could record a personal greeting that identifies who you are as an employer/employee. This feature is enabled for both hearing and Deaf customers that call you. Because we care about the customers we support, we have programmed many more features in our software/product system, including what we have patented Anywhere Contact List, Click-to-Call, Follow Me, and much more. The list is practically endless!

The most awesome thing about Purple is that you can still use your devices provided by other VRS providers, like your Ojo! You don't even have to register for multiple accounts and number. Sticking to one number is the best thing about having many different devices! Even if I'm not at my computer on my Purple VRS software, I don't miss a call because the call is forwarded to my iPhone and VP200!

The best way for you to learn more about what we offer, is to schedule appointment on videophone with one of our Customer Care representatives. You can also look at our website Interpreter services | Deaf and hard of hearing services | Video interpreter - Purple Communications for more information. I would be happy to assist you in setting up an appointment and registering with our services, which is free of charge. If you are still interested, I highly recommend dialing 877.885.3172 on your videophone to contact our Customer Care Department. We have representatives on standby ready to promptly answer your call with minimal wait time. We can also be contacted through email at support@purple.us and Google Chat on Register Step 1 - Purple Communications, in which we also answer quickly. All you need to do is let us know how we can help you!

If you would like to talk with me, my email is kelsey.barker@purple.us and my AIM screenname is Kelsey4Purple.

Ah thanks for the info!!!

I greatly appreciate that you took the time to answer my questions. I will contact Sorenson for more information on how things work will they provide a tv etc etc.

Again thanks!!!!

Hello GoneInsane85,

I was browsing around this site and came across your thread, and I just wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear that you are a disappointed VRS customer. I work for a VRS provider and we see many frustrated customers daily, which is disheartening because using VRS should not be this difficult at all. As a valued customer, you most definitely deserve the attention and support from your VRS provider and they should be responding promptly in order to sustain optimal customer experience. After all, YOU are giving them business.

I know I sound like an advertisement, but I strongly suggest checking out the services provided by my company, Purple Communications. Our services include, but are not limited to, video relay (VRS), text relay (including IP-Relay, i711, and ClearCaptions), on-site interpreting, and video remote interpreting. We pride ourselves on our efficient serviceability with enterprise customers and professional account-holders. We equip our business customers with products and services that improve efficiency and productivity in the workplace.

I just wanted to reach out to you because I use Purple a lot myself, and I'm really happy with their software and interpreters. Their features are so cool, like the Anywhere Contacts List, Click-2-Call, Follow Me, and much more.

The best way for you to learn more about what we offer, is to schedule appointment on videophone with the Customer Care representatives. You can also look at our website Interpreter services | Deaf and hard of hearing services | Video interpreter - Purple Communications for more information. I would be happy to assist you in setting up an appointment and registering with our services, which is free of charge. If you are still interested, I highly recommend dialing 877.885.3172 on your videophone to contact our Customer Care Department. Purple has representatives on standby ready to promptly answer your call with minimal wait time. We can also be contacted through email at support@purple.us and Google Chat on Register Step 1 - Purple Communications, in which we also answer quickly. All you need to do is let us know how we can help you!

If you would like to talk with me, my email is kelsey.barker@purple.us and my AIM screenname is Kelsey4Purple

Any support remaining for Ojo Video phones?

Hi, all,

I have about 11 Ojo video phones that have been idle ever since Worldgate went out of business. I am hearing impaired but we had our phones on the commercial account and did not use the VRS services so we never had any connection to that system. Ours was just a subscription basis. Of course, when Worldgate closed its doors, we had no backbone to which to connect the Ojo phones.

We have enough technical people around in order to setup our own STUN server and create our own little private network but finding any technical specifications or anything AT ALL about the Ojo network has been impossible.

Does anyone have any technical information on these units and the network to which they connected?

Thanks! These are great phones and the old folks in the family particularly like them as they are easy to use and don't involve booting-up computers and all that (unlike Skype).

Chuck

Purple already took SnapVRS 2 years ago. You will have to contact customer rep at Purple about your Snap Ojo. Purple has released new videophone which it is SmartVP.

Sent from my HTC One using AllDeaf App mobile app

Purple already took SnapVRS 2 years ago. You will have to contact customer rep at Purple about your Snap Ojo. Purple has released new videophone which it is SmartVP.

Sent from my HTC One using AllDeaf App mobile app

I have ZOjo and never use it. It's been sitting on shelf of my garage. Is it possible to set STUN server pointing to Purple?

I have SmartVP and loves it.

Catty

:bump::bump:

Anyone there to reply my comment above post? Although it's an old post. I am asking if possible set STUN server pointing to Purple?

ZVRS TEch support told me that they no longer support ZOJO so they said send it to recycle or tear it apart for fun of it. I also have working Z340 too and no longer supported too.

Is it possible to turn old VP into Video Intercom in the house :rofl: (using Ethernet connected directly from VP to VP using "Crossover" method?)

Anyone know what IP address and password to hack ZOjo firmware via Ethernet??? (like I do on router so think it's the same)

Both Zojo and Z340 are the pieces of ****. I returned Zojo back to ZVRS after I resigned as a Z installer.

Worthless junk, I tell you.

Is it possible to turn old VP into Video Intercom in the house :rofl: (using Ethernet connected directly from VP to VP using "Crossover" method?)

Yes, its possible with Dlink i2eye, have done that before and it works like charm. Just use IP address to make a call.

Anyone know what IP address and password to hack ZOjo firmware via Ethernet??? (like I do on router so think it's the same)

There is nothing to hack in, seriously. These devices has "Self-destruction", once trigger them, usually by the owners of these devices which would result them inoperative permanently, password won't retrieve them back to life. Same concept with hard drive, once erased or formatted, it is good as gone.

The only thing I could think of is taking one of chip out and put new virgin chip, and know the codes then write up and get it working. I really doubt it is possible cause those coding is confidential and the owner don't share the source codes. Sucks, but it is what it is.

There is nothing to hack in, seriously. These devices has "Self-destruction", once trigger them, usually by the owners of these devices which would result them inoperative permanently, password won't retrieve them back to life. Same concept with hard drive, once erased or formatted, it is good as gone.

The only thing I could think of is taking one of chip out and put new virgin chip, and know the codes then write up and get it working. I really doubt it is possible cause those coding is confidential and the owner don't share the source codes. Sucks, but it is what it is.

humm. maybe that I stopped using Z340 and Zojo while it was still in service. It beeen sitting for long time and I did boot up and it still works like before but not plugged to router. Same thing to ZOjo, still runs anyway. I can see Conovo still allow user to call VRS though old Z340, Z Ojo ect so therefore it have not self destruct yet. Perhap that I didn't update the firmware which did prevent destruct code set in them. Lol.

And HEY!! I still have Purple's P3 Dell Mini 1010 and am typing this post now. I recently reinstalled Win XP from its original installation CD (Win XP SP3) and its hardwares as well. It have 7200 rpm hdd and recently swapped mini wifi card to Wireless N mini wifi card (from my broke Acer Aspire 1551) and connected to router at 300mpbs LOL.. Still runs great. My Acer Aspire 1551 notebook broke last year which was 4 years old. I was pissed at my son for abusing it. I did "junked" Dell mini 1010 in junkbox in garage and been sitting for quite for long time. I decide to use it again because I need something mobile and easy for me to type fast than my Sammy S5. It's here for little while until I get new laptop perferly 14 inch fast one like my favorite slim Acer Aspire 1551.. Sooo Dell mini did not self destruct as well.. :rofl:

I do know Z340 was manufactured by Creative and maybe they might have firmware to flash. I doubt so because it's already old tho.

Catty

catty

humm. maybe that I stopped using Z340 and Zojo while it was still in service. It beeen sitting for long time and I did boot up and it still works like before but not plugged to router. Same thing to ZOjo, still runs anyway. I can see Conovo still allow user to call VRS though old Z340, Z Ojo ect so therefore it have not self destruct yet. Perhap that I didn't update the firmware which did prevent destruct code set in them. Lol.

And HEY!! I still have Purple's P3 Dell Mini 1010 and am typing this post now. I recently reinstalled Win XP from its original installation CD (Win XP SP3) and its hardwares as well. It have 7200 rpm hdd and recently swapped mini wifi card to Wireless N mini wifi card (from my broke Acer Aspire 1551) and connected to router at 300mpbs LOL.. Still runs great. My Acer Aspire 1551 notebook broke last year which was 4 years old. I was pissed at my son for abusing it. I did "junked" Dell mini 1010 in junkbox in garage and been sitting for quite for long time. I decide to use it again because I need something mobile and easy for me to type fast than my Sammy S5. It's here for little while until I get new laptop perferly 14 inch fast one like my favorite slim Acer Aspire 1551.. Sooo Dell mini did not self destruct as well.. :rofl:

I do know Z340 was manufactured by Creative and maybe they might have firmware to flash. I doubt so because it's already old tho.

Catty

catty

I agreed with the keyboard on Sammy, I only use them though relay ONLY when needed, like in middle of limited network access where video is out of question.

Here is the real problem, in order to be able to use 10 digit local number, you need to have your device registered though the product provider where they hook it up with third party that handles 10 digit local number.

Because of my experiences worked with a VRS provider, I was a technical support NOT a field installer. These field installer has limited access and knowledge how the network works. I personally know some on how they work, I have the general idea of how it works, as earlier post I only know one possible outdated device that would work, i2eye VP is pretty much same thing as VP-100 if you remember correctly, the software is much similar but written differently (Source). Why would I2eye still work? It is because it was before the day that 10 digit local nbr becomes mandatory, there is no way to enable 10 digit local number on VP-200 and I2eye hence why they have phased them out. Only that I2eye works because they just depend on IP address with server that acts as a yellow page that contains fake number tied with an IP address, all the server does is look up the IP address the number you want to dial to, that is a thing in past BUT still works if you wish to use IP address, and it sucks to give out new IP address every time ISP reassign you new IP address after the lease expires.

Now, that the directory server is OUT, what good is a videophone without a directory server if your IP address keeps changing over time?

I have few I2eye Videophone still, and anytime when I boot it up, it will seek directory server that have been out of service since around 2008 if my memory serves me right, and it will take a while for them to boot up and it will be a stand alone system.

Now you see how it can become a self destruction, in order for two VP to make connections together, how are they going to work seamless when the server that VRS providers once provided for a time period but is now gone.

Back