"That is gay!"

deafbajagal

Reaction score
"That is gay" seems to be the trend of what people, especially teenagers, are saying these days in reference to being disappointed with something or not approving with something.

Is this phrase offensive to you?

nope...
Been saying it for as long as I can remember.

It's more of a stronger substitute for sucks to me, not actually meaning the context of homosexual.

Not really. I think it's funny though when the politically correct people try to use it as an example of homophobia.

I actually use it a lot myself...

I think you can tell when someone is using it in reference to sexuality instead of a phrase.

Teenagers/young adults back in the 1980's and early 1990's used slangs like, "that is so gay." I cannot recall if it was actually offensive at the time. Perhaps, some of the members here would know the actual meaning of that?

Yes, it is offensive. It is applying a negative connotation to a sexual orientation, and to young minds equates "gay" with something bad or negative. If I say "that's SO like a black man" when I want to refer to something in a negative light, it would also be considered offensive.

I say it all the time, even if its politically correct to do so or not. I'm not always an asshole, and try watching what I say sometimes in the presence of others, but I tend to forget from time to time. Guess thats what happens when you grow up with a crew of kids who once thought Kerry King of Slayer should've been elected president at one time or another.

Whenever people say that, I always say " Really? I thought it was LESBIAN!"
Or I go " How do you know? Did you see it shagging another thing?" I hate the term gay in this context. It sounds so fourth grade.

I have seen people comment "GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" or "You're gay" or something on youtube video comments, etc.

to me, its a sign of gulliability in society not realising all this PC talk is doing a good job of brainwashing the masses, in a way to prepare them for global population reduction. 'this is so gay' is an intend as an insult but also a term ( i think ) to mean the threat of conformity but while it is ironic, deludes the users of this slang to induce the 'freudian castration' to lose their potency for the next generation of our race.

My boys used it a lot!...Something they don't like? "it's Gay"...or "weird"....(along that line of things)....They use "homo" or "les" for gay people....

Heck, I just go with the flow!

When they say that, they are so gay.

I love this quote, "Homophobic is so gay!"

Back