Wear underwear and deodorant or get fired!

:lol: at this thread

Yeah, I think it's just bizarre policy. =/

Just curious as to how many languages they needed to use to fulfill all the legal stuff? Next thing you know, the city will end up paying for underwear for the employees....:roll:

:lol:

Well, it'd be bad enough to know that if the city ends up paying up underwears for their employees only to find out that it's been uh..... yeah....wasted.

Seriously, I think this policy is bad enough that it had to be spelled out.

A thought just occurred to me...what if the workers gets so sweaty from a hot and humid day, especially this being in Florida and ends up with BO despite putting deodorant on? Will they get fired? Sometimes when I move furniture in my classroom like I did today for my summer teaching job, my deordant fails sometimes especially if the day was very hot and humid.

If I, as a woman, am required to wear a bra, then men should be as well!! They have tits, too!!! Why is it that women have to cover up with bras when they don't?!!!!

A thought just occurred to me...what if the workers gets so sweaty from a hot and humid day, especially this being in Florida and ends up with BO despite putting deodorant on? Will they get fired? Sometimes when I move furniture in my classroom like I did today for my summer teaching job, my deordant fails sometimes especially if the day was very hot and humid.

That's a good point shel. Some people cannot sweat properly and wind up having problems with that as a result. You can't simply blame someone's BO on the fact that they haven't taken a shower.

Or even stand 20 feet away from a "hanging loose" male co-worker in his jogging pants with no underwear! :giggle:

You can see everything all right there!! My one good eye can see everything!
1eyesmilie.gif

U enjoy that, don't ya? :lol:

Same here. My hubby wears deodorant. But it is not his arm pits that smells. He gets a gross sweaty smell on his clothes that makes him smell like a football team locker room.

He simply comes home and goes straight to the shower. And in the washer his clothes go! I can not stand his cap. Pee ewwww!! He hates when I wash his ball cap. But dang!! It stinks! So he lets me with one of theose plastic ball cap saver that I clamp his cap in. and wash it.

I remember being nearly fired when I was unable to use deordorant due to a severe skin rash under my armpits.

However, I can understand why people would not want to hang around others with bo.

Deoderant should be a standard part of everyone's hygienic regimen. Given the umpteen thousand options out there, those who are freaks about everything being natural and organic and surely to god find an organic deoderant and keeps B.O. at bay.

As for the underwear policy - some people do wear underwear but their crack still shows, so for these cases, someone should educate them on buying proper fitting garments and the proper use of a belt or suspenders to prevent his trousers from riding downward away from the waist. Also to help curb this is require that all shirts be tucked in, with a belt worn.

But I agree its sad that it has to be ordained that public employees dress appropriately for the job and to be aware of their personal hygiene.

people are just losing respect for themselves and to others, standards of respect is deterioating so its not 'outrageous to impose those policy' its outrageous that people are slacking off so bad to a point which is a public health risk, and its real.
I cant believe all this whining while in this day we actually have real worries about the swine flu's potentional of becoming a superflu that can kill probably a hundreds of millions, even a billion if we dont watch it. It seems they are whining about 'rights' to dress how they want to, or to disregard the cost of buying it but maybe just maybe the deoderant is just too expensive? if so time to bump up the pay bracket so everyone can buy these to keep clean.

Back