RIP Google Wave

It's not a bother at all, maybe we want to try new things? To me I like the way Google innovate their products.

yep... although Google didn't make it. They bought it and then hope for best. The best part is that they make it free.

Too many social networks like facebook, twitter, myspace, etc. so Google wave won't make it. Google should create google wave before facebook exist.

yes and no. Dismal is right. Google Wave is not a social networking site like facebook/myspace/twitter but it does have an aspect of social networking. It's primarily a real-time collaborative tool using all tools together.

From the link you provided -
While we suggest reading our article on the launch of Google Wave for more detailed information, here’s the sum of it: Google Wave is a real-time communication platform. It combines aspects of email, instant messaging, wikis, web chat, social networking, and project management to build one elegant, in-browser communication client. You can bring a group of friends or business partners together to discuss how your day has been or share files.

Too bad that it's messy, clumsy, and laggy.

We were talking about the BETA stage, highlander.

You came too late into the game. :wave:

Then why complain over beta stage? Learn to be patient with beta stage.

yes and no. Dismal is right. Google Wave is not a social networking site like facebook/myspace/twitter but it does have an aspect of social networking. It's primarily a real-time collaborative tool using all tools together.

From the link you provided -

Too bad that it's messy, clumsy, and laggy.

I know that and you don't need to explain about that.
The real-time collaborative tool is part of social networking, same thing.

I know that and you don't need to explain about that. The real-time collaborative tool is part of social networking, same thing.

here's what's wrong with your post below -

Too many social networks like facebook, twitter, myspace, etc. so Google wave won't make it. Google should create google wave before facebook exist.

Google Wave is not a social networking site like facebook or myspace. It's not designed for that.

here's what's wrong with your post below -

Google Wave is not a social networking site like facebook or myspace. It's not designed for that.

I think the social aspect of Wave was supposed to be a 2nd set of features, behind the significance of content in collaboration.

The way I see it- Wave = Buzz + Docs. Maybe the kinds of bugs (or user connections) were just too much for each of those parts to work smooth.

Generally, Google launches betas, build around it, and consolidates some features into a generally useful tool for later. They don't all work out.

I am fan of Google, but I honestly don't aware Google wave was exist before they killed it. Ahh I missed it..

Back