Bad News:

This is true.

When the family quits showing interest the quality of care deteriorates.

Hope things get better.

My mom is with my dad every single day, she hasn't missed a day and most of us see dad every other day or as much as we can.

Berry, You don't know my family, don't assume something that you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

What Berry meant is that because you and your family has shown great care and express concern into your father's whole health and his hospital stay, he is sure to bound back to good health. Overall, your father is in good hands because he has been in his own family's hands therefore your father's quality of care has never gone down because you and your family made sure of this.

Kudos to you and your family, your father has a wonderful support system.

Cheri - here's hoping that your father responds well to the treatment where he is able to go. After my mother's leg surgery and subsequent problems where she almost died, she was transferred to a nursing home for rehabilitation. She did not want to go, but went anyway. She used the goal of what medicare will pay (28 days), then set that date as her goal and explained to everyone at the nursing home and her doctors of this goal. She made it and was discharged. When she was put in, she had gained over 100 pounds while in ICU and could not walk. She couldn't even stand up at all. After 28 days, she lost all of the weight gain (fluids) and was walking and climbing stairs again.

I will keep believing that your father will have the same kind of determination. Keep us posted.

Oh! I must of misunderstood. My apologies, Berry.

Thanks guys. The funny thing is that the hospital had moved my dad to the rehabilitation floor today. He was on the stroke unit floor for weeks. It's about time that they finally had moved him back where he needs to be. :roll:

This might be the change that your dad needs. I pray everything will go well for him in his new environment. :)

Oh! I must of misunderstood. My apologies, Berry.

Thanks guys. The funny thing is that the hospital had moved my dad to the rehabilitation floor today. He was on the stroke unit floor for weeks. It's about time that they finally had moved him back where he needs to be. :roll:

I wasn't at my best when I posted that. I could have worded it better.

My late wife's father had to go to a rest home because my wife was too sick to look after him properly. We were very happy with the way the rest home treated him. Then she got pneumonia while I was working long hours 7 days a week.

So instead of visiting him two or three times a week we were two or three weeks before we were able to visit him.

That was all the time it took for conditions to go from excellent to deplorable.

After that we made sure someone visited him at least once a week no matter what.

Berry, that's true. When my grandmother, now dec, was in nursing home my aunt and uncle often had to visit most days to make sure she was okay and bring home her laundry because if the home does her laundry; it would be stolen.

Because of them, my grandmother had been provided the quality of care she needed.

Dear Cheri,

I pray for your father. Your Daddy. Your children's grandfather.

I pray for you. Your family. Your children.

It is rough, I know, especially during the holidays just right around the corner.

We all want our family close together for Christmas Day to have dinner together, exchange gifts and it is hard when our Daddy and our Gpa is in the hospital.

I know Alex is making an exemption right now, I thank you Alex in advance, God is watching over us and God is carrying your father. God is carrying his son who is under a great deal of pain as He would not put any of his children under a great deal of burden.

Keep Him in your prayers and He will answer you.

Yours in Christ,
Patty

Cheri... all ya can do is keep your head up and hope your dad will do very well in the nursing home for a while then he can be independent once again if he want to make that his goal to do so, it would be a wonderful thing... also ya could make it a good Christmas to lift his spirits up in the sky and he will be smiling and working hard to get back to what he loves to do his entire life and more.... that will happen for sure but be sure it will be a long and hard road and it will be one adventure that will be interesting to remember...

Cheri, I'm hopefully that your dad would get well soon and be stronger, I can't imagine about stroke is pretty pain and complicated and I haven't experience with stroke, however some of my grandma's friend has stroke and they said it was painful.

Merry Christmas to you, gal.

Cheri
this time of the year my prayer going strong for you and your family hugs
hope things will be alright

Cheri,

i know that not easy for you and your family on your dad when move to nursing home from hospital dues hospital have policy..

when my late grandma have strokes my dad explains to me i have no clues i do!! And my family visit my grandma at rehab for few days they moves to nursing home where she belong there for rehab due she had hip replacement years ago till she passed away when i was in Indiana and i didnt got messages from my mom..But i didnt says goodbyes to my grandma when she died its so HARD!!

mostly people who have stroke or whatever have cancer,alzheimer they still hospitlialized for weeks but doctor make decision they bring to hospice or nursing home till died.

Update:

Dad had been in physical therapies for the past two days. Yesterday he was riding on the bicycle to build up his strength and muscles. One of his leg was doing all the paddling and I thought "Aww he looks so cute!" ;)

I gonna get going, time to head over to see dad. You all have a very good Christmas. ;)

Cheri, that's great! It sounds like your dad is making great progress. Sending prayers for him to continue to get better. Merry Christmas.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Cheri, sounds like your dad is doing a little better. Continued prayers for him and Merry Christmas.

Dad had been in physical therapies for the past two days. Yesterday he was riding on the bicycle to build up his strength and muscles. One of his leg was doing all the paddling and I thought "Aww he looks so cute!" ;)

I gonna get going, time to head over to see dad. You all have a very good Christmas. ;)

that great news..Kept updates

That's great new Cheri. It does sounds like your dad is doing great progress so far. :)

That's great new Cheri. It does sounds like your dad is doing great progress so far. :)

He does have poor balance, he has trouble with balancing, we would have to hold him to keep him from falling over, he needs a lot of practice with improving balance.

He does have poor balance, he has trouble with balancing, we would have to hold him to keep him from falling over, he needs a lot of practice with improving balance.

as long as he continues his PT... good!!! despite of balancing issue..

Just use patience and hopefully your dad will improve a little each day. It can be a long hard journey back from a stroke.

Back