All about electric cars!

It might be sounding sense BUT don't you realize the true cost of replacing the batteries?

The sales of Hybrid cars has decline a bit already and may go down.

Comparing to regular car and hybrid car when it comes to major and expensive components.

Regular cars, has only two major components Engine and transmission. The rest is not expensive to replace.

Hybrid cars has 4 major components Engine, Transmission, energy reclaiming (Brake), and batteries.

Just think this way, all of the components will fail at some point and need to replace. Just think this way, Hybrid cars may save say 3 or 4 thousands dollars on gas over 8 years, and the replacement of batteries usually around 8 years and it cost easily $5,000 dollars. How is it possible a sensible to get Hybrid Oh wait! there is three other major components that could go wrong. There is no real savings in Hybrid cars anyway.

The only exception for electric cars is that I supported fuel cell, why? Simple, it got two major components. That is Motor and Fuel cell, and Hydrogen is renewable and plenty in the world.

Read on this one http://www.hybridcars.com/economics/hidden-costs.html

Hybrid Car makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if an affordable hybrid car can go more than 800 miles per refuel by 2020.

I would rather to wait for electric car to be able to drive more than 500 miles without recharging, maybe nuclear fuel cell work better ? Soviet submarine use nuclear fuel cell, and one nuclear fuel cell ball would be able to run submarine for twenty years.

lol, I have been told that early . However, it will nuke once it been in accident. Plus, it give bad radiator to body while driving.

I would rather to wait for electric car to be able to drive more than 500 miles without recharging, maybe nuclear fuel cell work better ? Soviet submarine use nuclear fuel cell, and one nuclear fuel cell ball would be able to run submarine for twenty years.

Once nuclear fuel cell got leak then you got short life like probably few hours to few hours.

Yes, other vehicle as sedan
tesmod_s_mfr_11-3.jpg

Car and Driver Blog » Tesla: Model X Crossover On Sale in Late 2013, Model S Moving Along, $30K Vehicle Planned for 2015/2016

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

Already have a 4 door sedan but it's not cheap. It's about $50,000-60,000.

It might be sounding sense BUT don't you realize the true cost of replacing the batteries?

Comparing to regular car and hybrid car when it comes to major and expensive components.

Regular cars, has only two major components Engine and transmission. The rest is not expensive to replace.

Hybrid cars has 4 major components Engine, Transmission, energy reclaiming (Brake), and batteries.

Just think this way, all of the components will fail at some point and need to replace. Just think this way, Hybrid cars may save say 3 or 4 thousands dollars on gas over 8 years, and the replacement of batteries usually around 8 years and it cost easily $5,000 dollars. How is it possible a sensible to get Hybrid Oh wait! there is three other major components that could go wrong. There is no real savings in Hybrid cars anyway.

The only exception for electric cars is that I supported fuel cell, why? Simple, it got two major components. That is Motor and Fuel cell, and Hydrogen is renewable and plenty in the world.

Read on this one Behind the Hidden Costs of Hybrids | Hybrid Cars

it's $5,000 now and probably cheaper in 8 years.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about toy cars!! I keep forgetting there are electric cars now. If there is a long power outages can you plug the car into a generator ?

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Jiro said:

Read on this one Behind the Hidden Costs of Hybrids | Hybrid Cars

it's $5,000 now and probably cheaper in 8 years.

Electric motors have proved to be very reliable and have far fewer parts so basically the main worry is the battery pack which is major cost of the system. That's why lots of factories use electric motors to drive the production line. Think about it, new cars and trucks have engines that can be expensive to replace which costs over 3,000 to 5,000 or even 7,000 bucks for an engine alone.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about toy cars!! I keep forgetting there are electric cars now. If there is a long power outages can plug the car into a generator ?

Good question. If I want an electric car for myself but I need a hybrid or gas powered car as backup in case of blackout in long day or weeks.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

deafsmogtech said:
When I first saw this thread I thought it was about toy cars!! I keep forgetting there are electric cars now. If there is a long power outages can plug the car into a generator ?

Good question. If I want an electric car for myself but I need a hybrid or gas powered car as backup in case of blackout in long day or weeks.

That is a very good question. I wonder how owners charge their cars if there's power outages.

Not going to happen, Electric cars were once popular before 1906.

Why did the electric car become unpopular in the early 1900s? - Curiosity

Read on.

electric-history.jpg

The museum Autovision in Germany worked for one year to accurately recreate the Ayrton & Perry electric tricycle—the world's oldest electric vehicle. The replica of the 1881 EV matches the specs of the original: hitting a top speed of about nine miles per hour and boasting a range of approximately 25 miles.

Whats wrong with Fuel Cell? Seriously Fuel cell cars are pretty same as Electric vehicle. The only difference is how the energy is fed. Electric cars gets energy stored from plug in and can take time to recharge. Fuel cell, it is same just don't need to recharge. The Fuel cell block is pretty much similar to regular battery, they are actually a battery, with Hydrogen feed in creates Electricity for car motor to run.

I just researched that the Nissan Leaf does 0-60 time of 7 seconds, not 9.9 seconds from the other report. It tops out at around 94 mph, that's from a 1 speed transmission. That's pretty impressive 0-60 time for a car designed for the environment. That's compared to a 4-6 cylinder performance 2-4 door car.

Again, thanks to the flat torque curve from zero to redline.

Back