Dangerous Snow Driving

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVGeIgLdlI]Evo 8 Accident. Almost Totaling the Car and Possibly Death - YouTube[/ame]

I don't understand why most of these drivers didn't put on flashing emergency lights :dunno: It would have helped prevent further accidents.

i always turn the flashing emergency lights and drive very slow like grandma while others get mad at me for being slow. seriously, its heavily snowing and thick of snow on roads then i take it seriously to drive so careful. screw them!

it is scary to see what you posted this vidoe. jeez

the scariest part is when the truck plowed thru like a bowling bowl :Ohno:

Don't believe I'd be able to drive in weather like that!..:shock:....Very scary...all that skidding and sliding....If a deer or an animal ran out in front of you, it's automatic that you'd apply the brakes...

Where I live, we have a lot of rain storms...and we use our lights, no matter if it's day time.

Don't believe I'd be able to drive in weather like that!..:shock:....Very scary...all that skidding and sliding....If a deer or an animal ran out in front of you, it's automatic that you'd apply the brakes...
lol I doubt deer or animal would be prancing around highway in that weather condition.

Where I live, we have a lot of rain storms...and we use our lights, no matter if it's day time.
in some states - it's required by law for your car to have daylight headlight.

in some states - it's required by law for your car to have daylight headlight.

Yes, they are known as "running lights". We are required to drive with the lights on at all times in Canada.

There is a stretch of highway in Missouri where signs are posted for "Lights on for Safety". I adopted that habit and even here in Florida, I still drive with headlights on all the time. People think I am nuts. Ah well, rather be nutty than have an accident.

This is why I am happy to take trains and metro even if it takes longer.

Damn that's really dangerous. I had a close call accident in nice day today. Stupid driver cut off when turning right last minute.

Honestly, they are all going too fast in that kind of weather. They all should go up to 30-35 mph tops, not 50-60 mph.

whoa! In Canada, in that kind of weather, most people do slow down, there's no need for flashing lights when the weather itself is already a big fat warning sign. But there is always the occasional driver who would drive fast and take big risks, For that reason, in this kind of weather, I keep as much distance as possible between myself and other drivers so I wouldn't have to slam on the brakes in case there was a sudden accident. Slamming on the brakes on those road conditions is a sure fire way to get your car spinning out of control and off into the ditch. I've seen so many terrible terrible accidents happen in this kind of weather. It's truly terrifying.

It makes me nervous to be caught on the roads right after the first rain in a while, because the oil accumulated on them rise and makes it slick. Invariably people drive too fast in those conditions with the inevitable results. I love driving in the snow, though, hah.

I become very nervous and parnoid too, when having to drive in the rain. But for some drivers, it doesn't seem to bother them at all, as the fly right by me on the expressways....If I'm riding with someone and it's raining...sure to bet I'm telling them to "slow down, please". The roads are wet.

Yeah, Im sick and tired of idiots thinking they can drive normally in just any weather, especially when it comes to winter drive, don't drive like in summer, duh! Worst drivers are those with 4x4 thinking they can do whatever during winter time. Yeah right! It can move you faster, but it won't be any difference when it comes to braking. Idiots!

Yeah, Im sick and tired of idiots thinking they can drive normally in just any weather, especially when it comes to winter drive, don't drive like in summer, duh! Worst drivers are those with 4x4 thinking they can do whatever during winter time. Yeah right! It can move you faster, but it won't be any difference when it comes to braking. Idiots!

Tell me about it. Pick-up trucks and SUVs are the worst, they often speed and end up in the ditches.

Wow, I don't get it why did they not close the freeway like this? We get snow storm often and Patrol highway tend to shut down them down till snow stop and clear the road then freeway is back to normal.

I own huge PU truck and SUV and have 4x4, I still drive as if I don't have 4x4. I witnessed too much time and it is scary. I think there should be law where drivers fails common sense should get ticket, period!

Tell me about it. Pick-up trucks and SUVs are the worst, they often speed and end up in the ditches.

From time to time some NYS highways do close when winter condition is too severe. Portion of NYS thruway (I-90) closed twice in the past two months.

Wow, I don't get it why did they not close the freeway like this? We get snow storm often and Patrol highway tend to shut down them down till snow stop and clear the road then freeway is back to normal.

We get roads like this often during winter storms in ND. We don't usually have accidents like this through; generally people here know how to drive in it. They have to drive way slower and stop bunching up behind other drivers... plenty of space is needed between cars. They are going way too fast and acting as if regular road traction is there... it isn't. This calls for 25 mph on the roads or slower. If it's white-out conditions, they shouldn't be on the road. I'm astonished at the video. Especially the tractor-trailer...that driver should know better.

And... roads like this would NOT close schools in ND. It's a disappointment as a kid, trust me. lol

Back