Phonak Naida UP

DeafDoc1

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using Naidas since last summer, and started having problems with each one in the past two months. Both have "cut out" at random, shutting themselves off. They turn on again when you open and close the battery door, but then if you touch them, or sometimes out of the blue, they stop working. I saw my audie who sent them back to Phonak. She was told they removed everything from the case and replaced every component. My audie has had two other clients with the same issue. This is a different problem than what JennyB had last year, which was related to a firmware issue, and is not related to battery size. The only positive is that I have two new hearing aids, just in the old cases. (if I knew that, I might have asked for purple...:hmm:)

Wondered if anyone else was having this issue?

I've got Siemens Reflex DSP digitals, had them since last July. I've had to take the right one back already because the battery door came off completely. Now the bit with the button on, which the audi opens to program it, is hanging loose. That will mean another trip back to see them tomorrow.

My last HA was analogue and lasted for twenty years!

I have had a lot of Naida problems. I had the firmware issues, battery issues, moisture issues, and what seems to be possesion issues!

They have started to cycle through programs, often stoping on Tcoil only and when I try to change it to a program that allows me to hear they cycle through by themselves back to Tcoil! That problem was solved though.

Do you have filters in your earhooks? If those get wet they can block the sound. Same goes for the mic covers.

One time that they started turning on and off the wires were loose in the battery compartment and losing contact with the battery. Still, if I use any other batteries aside from PowerONE they turn on and off.

These stupid hearing aids break so much that if I show up at class and let my interpreter know that they are broken she often says something like "again! They are always broken!".

Basically....they just suck! :giggle:

.... makes me glad I returned the Naida in June... wow.

Nah, I'll just work on getting back on the CI track.

Hope you all can get your Naida problems solved!

I have had a lot of Naida problems. I had the firmware issues, battery issues, moisture issues, and what seems to be possesion issues!

They have started to cycle through programs, often stoping on Tcoil only and when I try to change it to a program that allows me to hear they cycle through by themselves back to Tcoil! That problem was solved though.

Do you have filters in your earhooks? If those get wet they can block the sound. Same goes for the mic covers.

One time that they started turning on and off the wires were loose in the battery compartment and losing contact with the battery. Still, if I use any other batteries aside from PowerONE they turn on and off.

These stupid hearing aids break so much that if I show up at class and let my interpreter know that they are broken she often says something like "again! They are always broken!".

Basically....they just suck! :giggle:

Thanks for the response. The filters are dry, I use the Dry n Store every night, and we tried changing the mic filters, although they were dry and like-new. I only use one program...LOUD!. All the bells and whistles are off, and basically it's just maxed out on all the gain settings. It doesn't seem to cycle, unless you consider "off" a cycle :giggle:

I'm really disappointed and frustrated. I thought these were going to be the latest, greatest, bestest hearing aids for my degree of loss, but I think I've come to the same conclusion...they suck!

.... makes me glad I returned the Naida in June... wow.

Nah, I'll just work on getting back on the CI track.

Hope you all can get your Naida problems solved!

Thanks. I think the "solution" may be sticking them in the back of a drawer somewhere and forgetting about them!

Hello DeafDoc1

I too have had experience of my Naida UP going off unexpectedly; so I just reboot it (opening/closing battery door.) It reminds me of my old programming days ~ "if it freezes, reboot it up!"

Still Naida is the best for type of technology and as always, it is already obsoleted. Oh well, let's stay with it and focus on its strength..., it works for me ~ for now...

Take care now.

I wear those type of hearing aids and no real problems yet. Id put up with any problems since they offer the most gain and theres a big difference in the loudness of low frequency sounds.

Back