i can hear my music from the bilateral cords for my ipod :)

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
So, I just got home from my mapping for my nucleus 5. We were there for about an hour and a half getting my mapping done and trying to figure out why i couldn't hear any sounds from the bilateral cord through my nucleus 5. We then finally figured out how to make it work (and this could be helpful for other nucleus 5 wearers too for those who are experiencing this problem).

We plugged the cord into the ipod, and then we turned on the ipod and chose a song and let it run for the cord to connect to the song for 10 seconds, then we plugged the cord into the nucleus 5. It worked!

Then i experimented the bilateral cord to my freedom, it works as well! :) the plug works on the freedom because its the right size. A little small but it works. It's amazing, This is my first time listening to music with a bilateral cord from my ipod. I had always wanted to listen to music with both ears instead of one.

But if your cord does not work you could always talk to your audiologist first and then see what they would say about the cord. But this is awesome. I'm super excited.

YAY!!!! glad you are experiencing music with two ears. I have never had that luxury. One can always dream about that (if they choose to hear at all). Good luck in the future with your bilats!

Back