Stealerships

Right, that's why it's recommended to have a mechanic to check it before purchasing. I learned from TV court shows. No difference from buying an old house. Hire an inspector before buying it.[/QUOTE

Deafies ask me same thing, I told them, I can not hear the noises from the engine or something but I advise them about recently smog certificate before they buy used car.

Watching too much tv....

Yep, most used car dealer pay smog cert when the vehicle is sold. Smog certificates in California, are good for 90 days.
Yeah, it is easier to attract buyers if it has a valid smog cert cuz if it doesn't have one, the buyers would suspect that the car might fail the inspection which can mean necessary repairs ($$$).

Yeah, it is easier to attract buyers if it has a valid smog cert cuz if it doesn't have one, the buyers would suspect that the car might fail the inspection which can mean necessary repairs ($$$).

If I am interesting to buy used car from private party, would verify the vehicle test history in smogcheck.ca.gov, by thru VIN/ license plate, run to see when did this car been smogged.

So what? People can learn many things from TV. :D

Do you realize how fake those shows are rigged, I know 2 people who went on one, they get all kinds of free shit to be on the show and follow the guidelines. They both get paid and it doesn't matter who is the plantiff/defendant, they come out equal. Neither party pays a dime, the show pays the award as well as give prises to the so called contestants. geeze people, WAKE UP !
And not to forget the free airfare and hotel to and from... facts. I even have the tape of their show which all of us co-workers got from them, and their story of how it goes behind the scene... Havent you noticed these shows are a "Play"?

Do you realize how fake those shows are rigged, I know 2 people who went on one, they get all kinds of free shit to be on the show and follow the guidelines. They both get paid and it doesn't matter who is the plantiff/defendant, they come out equal. Neither party pays a dime, the show pays the award as well as give prises to the so called contestants. geeze people, WAKE UP !
And not to forget the free airfare and hotel to and from... facts. I even have the tape of their show which all of us co-workers got from them, and their story of how it goes behind the scene... Havent you noticed these shows are a "Play"?
People in Judge Judy and People's Court are not actors and actresses. I read Wiki saying they are not fake. Real people, real verdicts. If the show producer pays rewards, I don't care.

People in Judge Judy and People's Court are not actors and actresses. I read Wiki saying they are not fake. Real people, real verdicts. If the show producer pays rewards, I don't care.

And do you think the 2 people I worked with and their families were? They were on Judge Alex.

Do you realize how fake those shows are rigged,

Havent you noticed these shows are a "Play"?

And do you think the 2 people I worked with and their families were? They were on Judge Alex.
The questions in red: No, the shows are not rigged. No, the shows are not a "Play". Therefore they are not actors/actresses. They get paid to appear on TV. That's all.

The questions in red: No, the shows are not rigged. No, the shows are not a "Play". Therefore they are not actors/actresses. They get paid to appear on TV. That's all.
EXACTLY... they get paid to be on TV, there is your answer. It doesnt matter if they win or lose, they all get paid. Its a put on. yes the awards/verdicts... are real, but its all in the paid act they put on. You noticed how some put on an act, all dramatic? In real court you would be in contempt of court.. on tv they just get a warning and then do it all over again. There are guidelines they have to follow and their are people holding "Cue Cards" off screen telling them what to do and when..,.. and the general public buys it. How about Jerry Springer...lol

EXACTLY... they get paid to be on TV, there is your answer. It doesnt matter if they win or lose, they all get paid. Its a put on. yes the awards/verdicts... are real, but its all in the paid act they put on. You noticed how some put on an act, all dramatic? In real court you would be in contempt of court.. on tv they just get a warning and then do it all over again. There are guidelines they have to follow and their are people holding "Cue Cards" off screen telling them what to do and when..,.. and the general public buys it. How about Jerry Springer...lol
The producers look for some cases that may attract TV viewers. Then they ask both plaintiffs and defendants (also witnesses) if they are interested to be in one of the court shows instead of going to a court wherever the case is filed. All people in court shows act naturally like they would do in small claims courts. The bailiff gives instructions (oath, stand up, sit down, etc) like in other courts. The litigants speak in their own words. Cue-cards for what?

The producers look for some cases that may attract TV viewers. Then they ask both plaintiffs and defendants (also witnesses) if they are interested to be in one of the court shows instead of going to a court wherever the case is filed. All people in court shows act naturally like they would do in small claims courts. The bailiff gives instructions (oath, stand up, sit down, etc) like in other courts. The litigants speak in their own words. Cue-cards for what?
yep, they sign a wavier to drop the original court case as well, I know how it works, know the people who have done it. Funny thing is, they were on national tv and didnt get fired ( because it was a drug deal gone bad case) can you even wrap your head around that? This is with the government, and we got to switch our lunch hour so we could see the show when it aired... how freaking funny is that...lol

Cue cards for when to act all dramatic, or some smart remarks... there is some scripting on the show, watch the eyes and you can see them reading the cue cards at times. Sometimes the cards just say to make a dramatic guesture other times to burst out with something...ect... My co-worker actually told us when and how they did this on the show while filming it, later it is cut down to the time alloted for on air.

I think the lesson here is always get the car inspected by a mechanic of your choice prior to buying a car.

I think the lesson here is always get the car inspected by a mechanic of your choice prior to buying a car.

Agreed, our mechanic was out (family emergency at the time) and I looked it over pretty well, but had no way to get under it myself. He looked at it a few days later and found the items that shouldn't have passed inspections (just to show the self inspections from dealerships are rigged just to make a sale) now may lose their license. shame on them.

Car Dealers annoy me sometimes, especially New Car ones.
My Wife bought a 2015 Suzuki Swift GL last week, and the hassle we had collecting it was terrible.
We don't blame the Salesman for trying to sell us all the optional extras under the sun - after all his commission on a base-model car must be all of 100 dollars if that. What we didn't like was 3 times being told the car was ready, and on arrival at the car yard to find out that they'd either delivered the wrong model, delivered the wrong car belonging to a totally different customer ( a A$150,000 Toyota LandCruiser ) or delivered one that had been damaged by hail the previous week....

Car Dealers annoy me sometimes, especially New Car ones.
My Wife bought a 2015 Suzuki Swift GL last week, and the hassle we had collecting it was terrible.
We don't blame the Salesman for trying to sell us all the optional extras under the sun - after all his commission on a base-model car must be all of 100 dollars if that. What we didn't like was 3 times being told the car was ready, and on arrival at the car yard to find out that they'd either delivered the wrong model, delivered the wrong car belonging to a totally different customer ( a A$150,000 Toyota LandCruiser ) or delivered one that had been damaged by hail the previous week....

My first brand new, off the showroom floor vehicle was a sight to see. It was fully loaded and after we went into the financial officers office ( dungeon from hell) they pulled the car out, next to mine and already swapped the plates and moved my stuff over to the new vehicle and I didn't even agree to the terms yet of affordability on my end... I was getting pissed they were pushy to make the sale before close of business and I wanted to go look at one other car first, when I walked out and seen outside they swapped my plates and were loading my stuff into the trunk I turned and said WTF are they doing? he said they were moving my stuff over so I wouldn't have to do it before I left, I was like, WHO SAID I BOUGHT THAT CAR YET????? yeah, I did end up buying it after all, but that was before the facts. Pissed me off, but I was happy with my purchase.

My first brand new, off the showroom floor vehicle was a sight to see. It was fully loaded and after we went into the financial officers office ( dungeon from hell) they pulled the car out, next to mine and already swapped the plates and moved my stuff over to the new vehicle and I didn't even agree to the terms yet of affordability on my end... I was getting pissed they were pushy to make the sale before close of business and I wanted to go look at one other car first, when I walked out and seen outside they swapped my plates and were loading my stuff into the trunk I turned and said WTF are they doing? he said they were moving my stuff over so I wouldn't have to do it before I left, I was like, WHO SAID I BOUGHT THAT CAR YET????? yeah, I did end up buying it after all, but that was before the facts. Pissed me off, but I was happy with my purchase.
Oh, that's f8cked up. What if you decided not to buy it? Looks like they won you over. :lol:

Anyway, a financial officer at Nissan dealership recommended extended warranty for hours even when my 20 years old daughter who decided to buy 2012 Nissan Altima coupe with me said NO, THANKS many times. She was pissed off so she got up and walked to the manager to complain that it took so long and he was so stubborn. Then the manager told the officer to shut up and finish the paperwork right away.

I had hard times with one new car dealer in the past. I was going to break his face because he refused to give my car key back after my car was inspected for a trade-in allowance. Every time I asked for it, he said "wait a minute, let me talk to my manager". That was all bullshit. I already warned my daughter about it. Now she knows. My point is that the dealers don't want to let you go until you buy their car.

Oh, that's f8cked up. What if you decided not to buy it? Looks like they won you over. :lol:

Anyway, a financial officer at Nissan dealership recommended extended warranty for hours even when my 20 years old daughter who decided to buy 2012 Nissan Altima coupe with me said NO, THANKS many times. She was pissed off so she got up and walked to the manager to complain that it took so long and he was so stubborn. Then the manager told the officer to shut up and finish the paperwork right away.

I had hard times with one new car dealer in the past. I was going to break his face because he refused to give my car key back after my car was inspected for a trade-in allowance. Every time I asked for it, he said "wait a minute, let me talk to my manager". That was all bullshit. I already warned my daughter about it. Now she knows. My point is that the dealers don't want to let you go until you buy their car.
yep, I was deciding between a few vehicles, that would have really burst their bubble there, But I really liked the car... was my first new car purchase and a good experience as well for once out of all the horror stories you hear in todays market. I would have still had that car if my ex wifes kid didnt wreck it acting like an idiot. lesson learned.

yep, I was deciding between a few vehicles, that would have really burst their bubble there, But I really liked the car... was my first new car purchase and a good experience as well for once out of all the horror stories you hear in todays market. I would have still had that car if my ex wifes kid didnt wreck it acting like an idiot. lesson learned.
If s/he was not your kid, why did you let him/her borrow your car? *smh* Like you said, lesson learned.

At Ford dealer in 2002, I asked a dealer, I'm looking for certified used 2000 Ford Explorer with 5.0L V8, he guided me to the section of certified used car lot. I finally found it as excellent condition. Dealer asked me how can you pay this car? I show him a paper of pre-approval loan, he was nervous and exciting, like says, Come with me to his office. Before the paperwork begins, I told him I do not need anything like clear coating or alarm or extension warrant, just grab a car home quick. He understand, process the paperworks, took me about 45 minutes. My wife love it... No major problems until today.

Back