Wilmington, NC riverfront voted best in US

rockin'robin

Reaction score
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- It's official. Wilmington has the best riverfront in the United States.

The downtown riverfront got the most votes in USA Today's 10Best Riverfronts in America poll. Wilmington got 33 percent of the votes, in fact. Spokane, WA, was in second place with 28 percent, followed by Davenport and Dubuque, IA, and Pittsburgh rounding out the top five.

Click here to see the whole 10Best list

"Visitors of Wilmington and its island beaches know that our riverfront is a special place for recreation, dining, shopping and enjoying natural beauty," New Hanover County Tourism Development Authority President/CEO Kim Hufham said. "From a tourism standpoint, the importance of a national designation such as this cannot be overstated."

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2014/10/22/wilmington-riverfront-voted-best-us

Do you go to the waterfront a lot?

No, I haven't been to the beach in years but my nephew goes to Wilmington and Carolina beach a lot and I always hear about it from him and usually get a tshirt when he gets back.

The Riverfront is along the Cape Fear River....beautiful, actually!...Has been several years since I've been back (as 2 of my siblings live there)....The food and shops are excellent too.

Back