Is God Perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did evil enter a perfect creation?
God gave the angels and people free wills. They used their free wills in evil ways. God didn't make them do that. There was no reason for them to disobey God.

No, this thread is about comparison Eve and Adam to toddlers because of innoncent and naive.
The title of this thread is "Is God Prefect?" (sic). My post related directly to that question by showing man's imperfect viewpoint of perfect God. It had nothing to do with Adam and Eve compared to toddlers.

"WAS"? He IS, WAS, and EVER SHALL BE.

Well I don't understand why Christians would consider God as perfect while they refuse to follow most of the old testament and follow Jesus's new testament... God changes, that's not perfect to me...

Vampy,

I do understand your point, but in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve was given everything that they would to be happy with, God tells them that there is one thing that they cannot do, just one. It's different from us being parents because we have a lot of dangerous stuff laying around that should be out of reach from children, But God only had one thing, which was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

We the parents tell our kids not to use drugs, When our kids do cross over the line to experiment, What would happen if they did an experiment? Anything could happen, an accidental drug overdose could happen, who's fault would that be, who would be at blamed? the parents? no the person who did the experiment.

Vampy,

I do understand your point, but in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve was given everything that they would to be happy with, God tells them that there is one thing that they cannot do, just one. It's different from us being parents because we have a lot of dangerous stuff laying around that should be out of reach from children, But God only had one thing, which was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

We the parents tell our kids not to use drugs, When our kids do cross over the line to experiment, What would happen if they did an experiment? Anything could happen, an accidental drug overdose could happen, who's fault would that be, who would be at blamed? the parents? no the person who did the experiment.
You said the important keyword... experiment.

God is experimenting with our lives. Now, that's what I call... cruel.

Cheri didn't say that God was experimenting; she posted:

"We the parents tell our kids not to use drugs, When our kids do cross over the line to experiment, What would happen if they did an experiment? Anything could happen, an accidental drug overdose could happen, who's fault would that be, who would be at blamed? the parents? no the person who did the experiment."

It's the kids who are doing the experimenting, in her example.

"We the parents tell our kids not to use drugs, When our kids do cross over the line to experiment, What would happen if they did an experiment? Anything could happen, an accidental drug overdose could happen, who's fault would that be, who would be at blamed? the parents? no the person who did the experiment."

Right. :ty:

I know, but by putting things in our face... it's like experimenting with our decisions... tempting us.

If God was really perfect, he would know that by putting a tempting tree in front of their faces and then saying "Don't touch!"... they would do it anyway.

That's common knowledge for Psychology.

If you had a long hallway with only one door on the right side and nothing else. Then, you put a sign on that door saying... "Do not touch!" Now, send people walking through the tunnel. What will happen? Yep, they're likely to see that sign... and touch the door!

Well I don't understand why Christians would consider God as perfect while they refuse to follow most of the old testament and follow Jesus's new testament... God changes, that's not perfect to me...

God changes? Please explain that, thanks.

I know, but by putting things in our face... it's like experimenting with our decisions... tempting us.

If God was really perfect, he would know that by putting a tempting tree in front of their faces and then saying "Don't touch!"... they would do it anyway.

I respectfully disagree, drugs are out in the world, do all kids do an experiment on drugs? No.

Every humankind has a free will to say no to drugs, a free will to say yes to drugs.

God changes? Please explain that, thanks.

God was used to demand the people in the Earth to follow the old testament, but now he change his mind, he demands people to follow the new testament. That is a change.

I respectfully disagree, drugs are out in the world, do all kids do an experiment on drugs? No.

Every humankind has a free will to say no to drugs, a free will to say yes to drugs.
Drugs are not too available. I don't see it sitting on my sidewalk. There's no marijuana plant in my backyard. God put the tree right there in front of Adam and Eve.

Drugs are not too available. I don't see it sitting on my sidewalk. There's no marijuana plant in my backyard. God put the tree right there in front of Adam and Eve.

If one is a drug addict, it would be readily available.

If there is a will, there is a way.

The tree wasn't "right there in front" of them, and it was surrounded by many other beautiful fruited trees. Adam and Eve had many acres of garden to live in, so the tree wasn't exactly in their faces.

Genesis 2
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

What about friends? When someone has a wrong group of friends that uses drugs, And they're using drugs right in front of your face, and asked if you want a hint? You have a free will to say yes, or no. ;)

God was used to demand the people in the Earth to follow the old testament, but now he change his mind, he demands people to follow the new testament. That is a change.

*nodding agreement*

God changed his mind... It shows no prefect!!! :cool:

At first he thought old testament is better then later he realized that he need to change and improve new testament. Like what we all did the same... We all including God are imperfect......

My thought...

I do not think God is imprefect.

I'm a bit surprise that thread, here, is quite similar to my old website, Creationism Club.

-Some of them were claimed God is not prefect.
-Some of them were claimed God tested His children.
-Some of them were claimed that God changed his mind.
-Some of them were claimed that God made a mistake.
- Other reasons.

All of above is not true.

God already did set His plans for all future timeline before He created "His" world and the Seventh Day. He knew His own good and logical reasons, He did not make a mistake. He knew what He is doing for His best job and His new world will be much better than our world. That point is our world is NOT His own earth because it's sinful world we lived in.

Sure, a life is a such fucked up yet still wonderful. In fact, that's life. :)

Just thought for a moment. ^_^

Last edited:
*nodding agreement*

God changed his mind... It shows no prefect!!! :cool:

At first he thought old testament is better then later he realized that he need to change and improve new testament. Like what we all did the same... We all including God are imperfect......

Exactly!!! :smoking: ;)

*nodding :cool:*

God supposed to be omniscient. It's him who knows all from the beginning to end and also knows the future and the past as well is part of his plan.

He already knew that the way of his plan would turn out like this? He should destory Adam & Eve and try again when he want the earth to be prefect? :confused:

It could be that God want something excitment in the earth instead of prefect all the time? :dunno:

We don't have any idea how perfect god is. So, we ain't saying your or my god is perfect.

We create the bible about God for centuries.

Simple is: the Bible is not perfect because the different religion authors wrotes, were human and therefore not perfect. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back