Keeping Up with Deaf Events

Sign

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm Rekara. I'm hearing and am interested in getting more involved in the deaf community and meeting people in person. I live near Gally so I know that I'm in a great position to get involved and learn, I must be looking in the wrong places.

Can anyone recommend pages or websites that I should look at to find upcoming events near me? Any guidance would be great.

Thanks!

Hi All!

I'm Rekara. I'm hearing and am interested in getting more involved in the deaf community and meeting people in person. I live near Gally so I know that I'm in a great position to get involved and learn, I must be looking in the wrong places.

Can anyone recommend pages or websites that I should look at to find upcoming events near me? Any guidance would be great.

Thanks!

Google deaf professional happy hour in DC and Baltimore. I haven't been involved with big Deaf event in a while as I have my own circle of Deaf friends to hang out with but I can try to find some websites and stuff.

Thanks for your help, shel90. You're probably right. The trick is finding the right keywords to search. I already found a resource that is promising.

Though I have a question and maybe you can help me with it. Some of the professional meetups that I find, it mentions that the event is for deaf professionals. Because I'm hearing, should I take that to mean that I should not plan to go to that event? (Do descriptions tend to specify events for deaf or HoH vs open events?) Or does it really just depend?

I'm always a bit worried about overcrowding a space that is meant to cater to people who are deaf or hard of hearing. And knowing when an event is open and when it's more exclusive.

Any ideas?

Back