Hello from MA

zephren

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Michael, Deaf, from western Massachusetts.

I started becoming deaf in college at 19. The loss has been progressive. Over the years it declined slowly yet for the past two years the decline has been rapid to where, now age 45, even aided I am unaware of many sounds.

Coincidentally I had signed up for ASL classes at the college the same year my hearing started to decline. I immersed myself in learning ASL and being involved in the Deaf community. I went to Gallaudet for grad school and have worked in deaf schools when I was younger.

I work now as a software developer. As much as I love my work, it can be exhausting working with hearing people all day.

I live in a rural part of Massachusetts. I make a point of getting to as many deaf events as possible. I find myself sigh with the relief at the sight of hands flying through the air.

I look forward to getting to know people on this site.

Michael

Hi! Where in WMass are you from? Attended college there...Would love to move back specificly to Noho!

Hi Whatdidyousay and deafdyke.

I am in near Agawam which is west of Springfield.

Hi RockinRobin.

Glad you liked my intro. : )

I am prepping for another New England winter. We are stacking firewood. The steep drop in the temp just since last week is bit worrying.

Hi RockinRobin.

Glad you liked my intro. : )

I am prepping for another New England winter. We are stacking firewood. The steep drop in the temp just since last week is bit worrying.

I was just thinking this while outside with my dog . Our mail carrier has a
trouble habit of leaving the hallway door open in the winter ,she just left it open today and it's cold out. I would love be able to have a woodstove again , I had to cook on one when living in Northern Ca. and I got pretty good at it. You can made a great pot of chili on a woodstove.

Yes, I love having the woodstove. Even in a power failure we still have both heat and cooking.

Yes, I love having the woodstove. Even in a power failure we still have both heat and cooking.

I only had a woodstove in the cabin I was renting there was no power and no phone . It was just my dog and me.

Hi Whatdidyousay and deafdyke.

I am in near Agawam which is west of Springfield.

I know where that is....Where Riverside/Six Flags is! I went to Westfield State .....still think of WMass as "home"

I know where that is....Where Riverside/Six Flags is! I went to Westfield State .....still think of WMass as "home"

Yep, we are near there. We just went to the Big E last two weeks ago. Lots of fun. No, I didn't have any of the fried butter or fried jelly beans. :lol:

Yep, we are near there. We just went to the Big E last two weeks ago. Lots of fun. No, I didn't have any of the fried butter or fried jelly beans. :lol:

Really fried jelly beans and butter ?? That sound nasty ! I don't eat a lot of fried foods .
Could you post a photo of your puppy ? I call all dogs puppy . :giggle:

Back