AZ Congresswoman...12 others, shot

Wow, a very sad thing. Glad they have a suspect in custody.

Yes it is a shame......They just updated that she didn't make it too.

Yes it is a shame......They just updated that she didn't make it too.
Shot to the head at close range = not much chance at anything close to the same life a moment before the shot. *SMH*

Now they say she is alive and in surgery. No matter though; her ability to represent her constituents has ended.

Now they say she is alive and in surgery. No matter though; her ability to represent her constituents has ended.

Yeah it's crazy how things keep going back and forth. Hoping for the best

Really sad -- I hope she makes it. I just woke from a nap and turned on the TV and here this is ... Erk.

Update: She is out of surgery and in the ICU. The doctor who spoke at the press conference said he was optimistic about her recovery, but that she was shot "through-and-through" the head.

I think early "douche bag" of the year for 2011 goes to the gunman. What an idiot.

Suspects name has been released; Jared Loughner. I found his YouTube video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHoaZaLbqB4]YouTube - Introduction: Jared Loughner[/ame]

Jared is definitely schizophrenic - his ramblings clearly show his paranoid thoughts.

So sad that the baby died and so is the judge and other four people.

The AZ congresswoman is fighting to live but you know, it's a miracle that she could EVEN survive considering that it's "through and through" wound!

Shot to the head at close range = not much chance at anything close to the same life a moment before the shot. *SMH*

no it's actually survivable. the skull is very thick.

but it's not survivable if the bullet ricochets around inside the skull.

i just woke up and what do I see? the worst massacre on our public servants :(

no it's actually survivable. the skull is very thick.

but it's not survivable if the bullet ricochets around inside the skull.
The difference between survival and what I would expect from her injury are a bit conflicting. She lives, but in what capacity?

Back