The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a Christian no. I do believe that Jesus said a lot of valuble stuff. My beliefs are very Unitarian/ VERY libreal Ba'hai. (it's a belief that ALL religions of the world are right,and all the prophets of the world have value and said good stuff) But if it was universally agreed that Chrisianity and gay realtionships were incompatible, you would not have major religions debating about it. I predict in 10 or fifteen years the general public will find the idea that Chrsitianity in general thought being gay was a sin extremely rediculous. Just like this generation views interracial marrriage or rights for black people (instead of segregation)

My own beliefs are quite similar to Secular Humanists/Unitarians.

Know what? I grew up in a seafood town. Ate shrimp twice or more a week.
Had to peel them but enjoyed doing so. To me those are the scales. Looking close at their face, I could see how they breathed, the gills. Always removed the tails, the fins.

So like I said, I'll leave it to a marine biologist to make the classifications clear. You and I are not qualified, so let someone else handle this.

In the meantime, we can use your own words with a little modification (if you don't mind). "According to the bible, one is not suppose to have sex these ways."

You sound too much like my dad. :P He thinks you need to be an expert in computers in order how to get a dvd to work. :roll:

Very, very true. And male/male and female/female can't multiply.
and that would help keep us from getting overpopulated. Anyway, gays of both genders are in the minority so that won't have much effect on world population.

and that would help keep us from getting overpopulated. Anyway, gays of both genders are in the minority so that won't have much effect on world population.

In any case, the world population is expected to peak at 9 million and to taper off after that.

IS THE BIBLE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY?

There is no word that means 'homosexual' in Aramaic...

Yes this is a biased source- it is still used in a scholastic way, much like the 'egg council' researching egg nutrition. The work still has to be correct, repeatable.

HOW THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH SHOULD ACT AND PLEASE GOD:
In the Bible, it says a scribe came to Jesus and said:

“..Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? Jesus said to him, "What is written in the law? How do you read it?" He answered, saying to him, You must love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and your neighbour as yourself. Jesus said to him, "You spoke the truth; do this and you shall live.” (Luke 10:25-28 Lamsa).

We are to love our neighbor as ourselves. Is the lesbian and gay male our neighbor? Also, the Bible says this:
“If any man thinks that he ministers to God, and does not control his tongue, he deceives his own heart, and this man’s ministry is in vain.” (James 1:26 Lamsa).
It is amazing how many priests and pastors use words that are hate filled, and not out of love.

The idea is you love the person but hate the act. You hate murder don't you?
You hate rape don't you? You hate fraud don't you?

The 'idea' and the reality are two different things.

It's none of YOUR business what happens between two consenting adults in the bedroom... the point is that they should have the right to get legal protection of marriage.

Now, if- and only if- this pisses off God, they will have to take that up with God then...

It's none of anyone else's business... -besides- the perfect and living sacrifice takes care of that...

[sarcastic] Cuz you know everyone that repents of their sins NEVER does that sin again :roll: [/sarcastic] (IB4 the 'go and sin no more' comment)

We are talking about our current reading of something that was written in Ancient Hebrew and Aramaic, then translated to Greek, then translated to Latin, then translated to English...

Send... "Out of sight, out of Mind" in your favorite translator... polish, then Gaelic, then Spanish- back to English...

Better yet take the UK Harry Potter books and switch them to Spanish then to German, then to American English... also have a group of bored people who don't like owls or frogs or moving trees edit the translation in the Spanish translation (Council of Trent (1546), by the Thirty-Nine Articles (1563), the Westminster Confession of Faith (1647), and the Synod of Jerusalem (1672)) bet you get garbage....

Last edited:
:cool2: I took extra special care to make sure it is fortified! :D Only the best in my house! :D

Oh wait, we are talking about... bread... right? :Oops:

I was asking if your bread was fortified. :D

I am not a Christian no. I do believe that Jesus said a lot of valuble stuff. My beliefs are very Unitarian/ VERY libreal Ba'hai. (it's a belief that ALL religions of the world are right,and all the prophets of the world have value and said good stuff) But if it was universally agreed that Chrisianity and gay realtionships were incompatible, you would not have major religions debating about it. I predict in 10 or fifteen years the general public will find the idea that Chrsitianity in general thought being gay was a sin extremely rediculous. Just like this generation views interracial marrriage or rights for black people (instead of segregation)

Right. Rolling has somehow come to the erroneous conclusion that only Christians believe in God. And many Christian religions do not believe as rolling believes. Religions that are still preaching hate, discrimination, and exclusion are on the fringe.

I have seen you rant and rave regarding death penalty sentences for any murder or rape. I guess you haven't gotten the idea down yet.

Not to mention which, that is nothing more than lip services that is designed to try and make one appear less bigoted and intolerant. By hating the act, you force the individual to suffer. Hating the act means denial of civil rights. So, while it might make you feel better to say you hate the act and not the person, it really is nothing but a bunch of bull shyte.

I don't think that Bible you keep referring to preaches hate in any circumstance.

I have seen you rant and rave regarding death penalty sentences for any murder or rape. I guess you haven't gotten the idea down yet.

Not to mention which, that is nothing more than lip services that is designed to try and make one appear less bigoted and intolerant. By hating the act, you force the individual to suffer. Hating the act means denial of civil rights. So, while it might make you feel better to say you hate the act and not the person, it really is nothing but a bunch of bull shyte.

I don't think that Bible you keep referring to preaches hate in any circumstance.

How would you know??? You never read it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back