Russian attack helicopters entering Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Russian attack helicopters entering Ukrainian air space through Crimea

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVyPiHVZ1A]Вертушки идут на Бельбек - YouTube[/ame]

Video: Russian attack helicopters entering Ukraine

Crimea is pro-russian.

Oh wow, I feel bad for Ukraine. :(

Just like Russia did to Georgia in 2008.

Oh wow, I feel bad for Ukraine. :(

Just like Russia did to Georgia in 2008.

Yes, I won't be civil war between pro-Ukraine (EU support) and pro-Russian (Russian support)

Yes, I won't be civil war between pro-Ukraine (EU support) and pro-Russian (Russian support)

No idea, I don't think US and their allies, especially European countries will go to war to defend Ukraine's sovereign, except for extreme case.

Russia would worry about lose the economic alliance and diplomatic relations with US and European countries - it is big deal to Russia.

It could make Ukrainians more resent to Russia.

Russia only care about Crimea and majority Russian speaking region.

There is conflict in Crimea - between Russians and Muslims (Crimean Tatars).

It is pretty ugly for sure.

The conflict between Ukraine and Russia has nothing about President Obama.

Ukraine has deal with divided between pro-EU and pro-Russian. Most Russians support authoritarian government (statism) due to grow up from authoritarian during communist era.

Crimea is mostly Russians.

Do you want go war or confront against Russia? For me, I don't want but I support to break the diplomatic relation and end the economic alliance with Russia.

In extreme case, if Russia decides to invade Ukraine with massive casualties, so go war against Russia is extremely last option.

Eastern Ukraine is highly industrialized and populated in majority by ethnic Russians. They have closer ties to Russia and generally support the "return to center" that has allowed Putin to put Russia back on a "Soviet footing." The majority in the current government is drawn from the eastern Ukrainian population and favors stronger ties (and possibly some sort of political consolidation) with Russia.

Western Ukraine is highly agricultural and populated in majority by ethnic Ukrainians. The minority in the current government is drawn from the western Ukrainian population. They have much closer ties with Eastern and Western Europe and want Ukraine to distance itself from Russia to become part of the European Union.

The history behind the East/West divide dates back to Czarist times. When oil, coal, and strategic minerals were discovered in eastern Ukraine, the Czar began relocating ethnic Russians to work them. This practice continued after the Revolution and picked up steam under Stalin and especially Khruschev. It divided the nation in two, and made many ethnic Ukrainians second-class citizens in their own country. During the Second World War, many western Ukrainians sided with the Nazis and fought a guerrilla campaign against the Soviet military not because they believed in Nazi ideals, but because they felt it was their best chance to regain control of their historical nation. After the war, Stalin's vengeance was swift, merciless, and indiscriminate and the population of western Ukraine (literally) decimated. This furthered to deepen the divide. Ukraine's bid for independence in 1991 was led by western Ukrainians but supported by the youth of eastern Ukraine, and so was successful. As those youth aged and lost their idealism, they fell back into their parent's ideology and the cycle began again.

^ A post from someone who once lived in Ukraine ... not mine

The conflict between Ukraine and Russia has nothing about President Obama.

Ukraine has deal with divided between pro-EU and pro-Russian. Most Russians support authoritarian government (statism) due to grow up from authoritarian during communist era.

Crimea is mostly Russians.

Do you want go war or confront against Russia? For me, I don't want but I support to break the diplomatic relation and end the economic alliance with Russia.

In extreme case, if Russia decides to invade Ukraine with massive casualties, so go war against Russia is extremely last option.

That's not what Obama said a few hours ago from the White House. he said there would be consequences if Russia intervened in Ukraine.

Well .... they have. Not only intervened, they invaded.

And to answer your question .. no, I do not want war. But if war is brought to me, I fight to win.

That's not what Obama said a few hours ago from the White House. he said there would be consequences if Russia intervened in Ukraine.

Well .... they have. Not only intervened, they invaded.

And to answer your question .. no, I do not want war. But if war is brought to me, I fight to win.

First paragraph, that's not what I means. I refer your statement about Sarah Palin. I'm saying that conflict between Ukraine and Russia has nothing about Obama. It wasn't Obama's thing to cause like that because Ukraine and Russia got in conflict for years.

We don't know if Russia actually invaded so need more information about event. If you say Russia invaded so they should come over to Kiev right now.

What is your solution to end the conflict between Ukraine and Russia?

First paragraph, that's not what I means. I refer your statement about Sarah Palin. I'm saying that conflict between Ukraine and Russia has nothing about Obama. It wasn't Obama's thing to cause like that because Ukraine and Russia got in conflict for years.

We don't know if Russia actually invaded so need more information about event. If you say Russia invaded so they should come over to Kiev right now.

What is your solution to end the conflict between Ukraine and Russia?

So, how is it he ignored Sarah Palin's stern warning? Instead, you guys mocked her. And yes, as POTUS, he has a responsibility in international affairs, when it comes to treaties we have with the EU and Russia. So yes, this does involve Obama, as he is POTUS.

Why would anyone make an attempt to say different, unless it was to excuse him from his duty as POTUS and blame Bush? yeah .. this is Bush's fault ... :roll:

I don't have a solution, this is not my war. My war is getting a useless POTUS of my country to stop drawing lines with his red crayon and actually do something other than shred the Constitution and blame other people for his failures.

This is very real, not some reality TV show, or Dances With the Stars .. these are people's lives being snuffed out ... people who do not want to be controlled by an oppressive regime.

So, how is it he ignored Sarah Palin's stern warning? Instead, you guys mocked her. And yes, as POTUS, he has a responsibility in international affairs, when it comes to treaties we have with the EU and Russia. So yes, this does involve Obama, as he is POTUS.

Why would anyone make an attempt to say different, unless it was to excuse him from his duty as POTUS and blame Bush? yeah .. this is Bush's fault ... :roll:

I don't have a solution, this is not my war. My war is getting a useless POTUS of my country to stop drawing lines with his red crayon and actually do something other than shred the Constitution and blame other people for his failures.

Nobody care about Sarah Palin, she is full of BS.

Yes, Obama does have responsibility in international affairs, but his action isn't necessary to stop Russia from taking measure against Ukraine due to Russia's interest.

Now, rest of your statement is irrelevant and Obama didn't cause the conflict between Russia and Ukraine.

Nobody care about Sarah Palin, she is full of BS.

Yes, Obama does have responsibility in international affairs, but his action isn't necessary to stop Russia from taking measure against Ukraine due to Russia's interest.

Now, rest of your statement is irrelevant and Obama didn't cause the conflict between Russia and Ukraine.

He is fully responsible if he did not heed warnings - which he was given.

You guys blamed Bush for not heeding warnings about 9/11. In fact, you blamed him, and republicans, for everything. Get used to this. It is not going away. You will see it on the news all across the country.

This is very real, not some reality TV show, or Dances With the Stars .. these are people's lives being snuffed out ... people who do not want to be controlled by an oppressive regime.

That's painfully for you - you don't recognize that Obama elected by electoral vote and majority of voters.

No, Obama isn't part of oppressive regime. :lol:

That's painfully for you - you don't recognize that Obama elected by electoral vote and majority of voters.

No, Obama isn't part of oppressive regime. :lol:

I was talking about the Ukraine conflict.

He is fully responsible if he did not heed warnings - which he was given.

You guys blamed Bush for not heeding warnings about 9/11. In fact, you blamed him, and republicans, for everything. Get used to this. It is not going away. You will see it on the news all across the country.

If Russia ignores Obama's warning so we couldn't anything, except for break the diplomatic relation, end the economic alliance and other measure to condemn the Russia's illegal activities.

Due to treaty, US couldn't actually get involved on Ukraine's soil.

9/11 was happened on AMERICAN SOIL. The conflict between Ukraine and Russia weren't happened on American soil. The blame on Obama over between Ukraine and Russia will not make any difference so you don't make sense, except for attacking any democrat politicians with your own word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back