List of IP relay.

The Highlander

Reaction score
I used Sorenson IP relay for AIM a lot.

Now, List of IP relay for now.

As of what I am aware, not many.

i711
Sprint IP relay

I'm more of VRS users than IP relay user and I don't collect much information about IP relay providers.

I have no idea what would be left of after 4 years from now.

One thing for sure that I know... Quality WILL suffer and it will take longer to improve the service due to lack of funds.

Few years ago, Sorenson used to have training programs for Terps and IP relay operators including VCO training program. FCC don't think it is necessary... Bam! Sorenson no longer provide these training programs. Next few years who is going to train new hires? FCC don't give a damn because they wanted to save money, result.... we all suffer. That cut had happened about 3 or 4 years ago. Sorenson used to have whats called TEP (Tele Education Programs) for all of relay users that may not know how to use the service. I applauded Sorenson for set up that program because on daily basis, I get calls from all kinds of people that are qualified for relay service have NO idea how use them! I had to train them over and over and over again and today, still even true. FCC don't think it is necessary and waste of money, bam! cut! Now many Deafies and HOH now left in dark having no clue what their choices are.

The only area that I know is booming and FCC is spending more money on what? V C O! Like CaptionCall, these kind of service where people lose their hearing but still able to talk were able to give FCC better feedbacks than Deaf people do (Don't forget, I am Deaf too). That ended up people with HOH that can still speak easily but having hard time understand hearing other party are enjoying better benefits than Deaf. Have I seen them? Oh you can bet on it. Often I get complaint from Deaf people, and they don't want to write or speak up directly to FCC or VRScomments, expect me to do all the work, and do you think FCC would listen to me? Hell no, why? Where is black and white paper from them? I don't have them cause they were done in ASL and FCC don't want hear ASL format, they wanted all written in formal English format. Mind you, I missed VP-100 and VP-200 because of their excellent CODEC for video quality which fits just perfect for Deaf people because Video CODEC on VP-100 and VP-200 have very limited audio support, hence that's why there is requirement for second line if HOH wants VCO. Congratulations Purple for SmartVP that can support VCO, but the video quality had to be compromised for Audio CODEC. NtouchVP was intended as single line VCO, which result video degradation. The chief complaint was interoperability, In fact, I support Interoperability But the problem is there is no standardize, no ports have been officially reserved for video.
I am not against IP relay, sometimes it is wonderful tool, but often I hear complaints from hearing people that whenever they get calls though IP relay, they said why it takes forever for Deaf to respond and don't like them. this is fact as I heard it too often already.

My concern is, since FCC is changing the landscape of relay service, those who benefit the most is those with hearing loss at later life and HOH, Deaf? Not really.

I predicted based on my experience that it will take another 10-15 years from now that somebody finally figured out how to provide top quality Video along with top quality audio, that is when Internet service providers finally updated to faster bandwidth, and reserve the allotment of ports dedicated for relay service.

Image, in 2017, FCC will pay only $3.50 per minute for VRS, way way too low and I don't know how many of these remaining 5 VRS companies going to pack and dismantle the service and move elsewhere where Investors wants return on investment.

Since many Deafies are inept with English, including myself but I know others worse than me, FCC may never understand our needs and dismiss our complaints. Sad!

I used Sorenson IP relay for AIM a lot.

Now, List of IP relay for now.

Again, we have a Deaf man in the Disability Rights Office, or whatever it's called, at the FCC. Why is he so ineffective? This is a pretty sad situation.

Sprint IP relay (SVRS removed me off due I joined ZVRS)
Z5 for iPhone 5 and iPad2
i711 for PC
NexTalk for PC

So ,what ip rely in 2014 advise me to use to make text calls to a hearing person.? I hope someone can help me

I was told that IP-Relay will shut down next month... either Nov 7th or 17th leaving Sprint IP the only one... I may have to port my IP-Relay nbr to Sprint IP hmm...

Greg Hlibok? FCC and government are politics and policies.

take time

Again, we have a Deaf man in the Disability Rights Office, or whatever it's called, at the FCC. Why is he so ineffective? This is a pretty sad situation.

yep, just got notice from i711 that they are discontinuing their service starting Nov. 14, due to FCC. Have made an account with Sprint and sent an email requesting to port my number from i711 (same happening for IP-relay.com). rrrrr.

Important Notice
As a result of FCC action, i711 is forced to cease providing this service to our customers effective November 14, 2014.

If you would like to use i711 after this date, you will need to port your text ten-digit number to Sprint, the only remaining provider.

No other services will be affected. Purple will continue to provide our industry-leading VRS, VRI and on-site interpreting services.

The government can spend 75 billion dollars to help other countries but people in this country have to suffer and make do on their own.
Where I work, I fill out the forms for the FCC 499, 499A and NANP 502. I know what they get from just our phone lines (12,300). I can just imagine how much is brought in from all communication companies that is marked for 911 and hearing impaired services.

Not surprise about business going out of business. Its getting worse due to few more fcc cuts to relay making the business least attracted to investors, aka junk business.

Sprint IP relay not sure they can continue either. Just got an emailed message from them.

at this time, Sprint is undergoing a process with the FCC to make a decision on whether we can remain in the Sprint IP Relay business at all. We hope a decision is made in the coming weeks; however, until that time a decision is made, we are unable to process any new Sprint IP registrations. Even though you may have begun the process to register for Sprint IP, there are several steps involved before either porting an existing number or obtaining a new Sprint IP number. Until a decision is made on whether Sprint will remain in the IP Relay business, no further action can be taken to enroll new users. I apologize for the confusion.

Now that the light shine on why i711 shut down, I was wondering if they (FCC) are planning same thing on VRS? It better not happen!

I know for sure that Sorenson don't monitor nor record any calls, it is actually next to impossible due to number of employees (Way too small, like 3 at a time) handling thousands and thousands of calls during any given time. They only check on VRS operator for any illegal activities on operator part, not the user part. I hope FCC don't have the balls asking them to expand the monitoring.

BUT, Damn thanks A LOT to John TC Yeh! He caused congress giving FCC more power to control relay calls. I think these power given to FCC is excessive already.

Now that the light shine on why i711 shut down, I was wondering if they (FCC) are planning same thing on VRS? It better not happen!

I know for sure that Sorenson don't monitor nor record any calls, it is actually next to impossible due to number of employees (Way too small, like 3 at a time) handling thousands and thousands of calls during any given time. They only check on VRS operator for any illegal activities on operator part, not the user part. I hope FCC don't have the balls asking them to expand the monitoring.

BUT, Damn thanks A LOT to John TC Yeh! He caused congress giving FCC more power to control relay calls. I think these power given to FCC is excessive already.
Oh boy, that's f8cked up. If John didn't do it, someone else would anyway, right?

No, because of hard evidence that FBI intercepted from John TC Yeh, FCC showed to congress on why FCC should take control on relay, BAM congress gave them green light. If John TC Yeh was busted but no evidence, then FCC have little power to change anything. Like I said hard evidence will go though court, talking generally won't.

In other word, John Yeh was too stupid for using E mail instruct others how to cheat FCC. Most of CEO will never leave paper trail. If a CEO wants to cheat FCC without getting bust, do it all verbally, like invite friends over expensive restaurant, talk about it, or even at home talking about it, these converstation will likely never be used in court room.

Oh boy, that's f8cked up. If John didn't do it, someone else would anyway, right?

From what I understand, what the FCC is doing is violating it's own (Federal) laws against wiretapping, invasion of property without FBI approval for good cause from a judge. Inconceivable! There must be some mistake as I can't believe the Feds would be doing something so blatantly egregious that even an 8th grader can see! :lol: But it is there in that video I provided above and I believe Purple is also saying the same thing as the reason why they are backing out of this. Sprint, too. Why aren't they or anyone making a call to the FBI or some agency?

Calling FBI or other agencies? What can they do?

Best answer is contact congress! Cause FBI and other agenies will much like said, "We have no control and we are here to abide the law set forth by congress so refer you to the congress, thank you".

From what I understand, what the FCC is doing is violating it's own (Federal) laws against wiretapping, invasion of property without FBI approval for good cause from a judge. Inconceivable! There must be some mistake as I can't believe the Feds would be doing something so blatantly egregious that even an 8th grader can see! :lol: But it is there in that video I provided above and I believe Purple is also saying the same thing as the reason why they are backing out of this. Sprint, too. Why aren't they or anyone making a call to the FBI or some agency?

Back