• No problem

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • Don't like them, but it's no big deal

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters

stefan2832

Reaction score
Ok, my first stab at a poll..no pun intended:giggle:

My wife actually cries like a baby if she is getting an injection.
She will even take a panic attack!

Me, does not bother me at all.

What about you? Comments welcome.

I have no problem with getting shots. My kids giggle through them (we taught then that) and hubby passes out. (big wienie!!)

Terrified. They hurt badly. I never believed in lying to children, so I always made a point to let them know it really hurts if I knew they would have to have a shot.

Had the opposite reaction. They both always insisted that shots absolutely do not hurt.

Maybe I got such terror because when I first remember shots, I had no communication.

I used to hold up a finger and tell them to wait while I inhale and exhale very slowly... my mother would grab my hand tightly and distract me during the entire process, so I was never traumatized (until my emergency c-section, they poked through the entire vein and injected too quickly.. I felt it travel up my arm, ouch)

Lately, I've been going alone... it's not a fun process and I dread it ever so slightly. If my son accompanies me then I smile and whistle a happy tune :D *cringes* :D

My ex has ONE phobia and it's needles, I giggle and pause the movie when the injection pops up on screen. Whaaaaat. There's worse things to be scared of, sheesh...

... like hairy spiders O_O

Terrified. They hurt badly. I never believed in lying to children, so I always made a point to let them know it really hurts if I knew they would have to have a shot.

It all depends on the kiddo.. my son flinches but looks at my optimistic smile and he starts rambling away about the upcoming trip to the ice-cream store.

But I can see your point... haah, pun intended.

P.S. I don't endorse lying as well, but attitude is contagious too ;)

when i was little girl i hate needle when nurse put me on my arms when i got admit hospital due i had premonia..

till now i dont afraid of needle

My ex has ONE phobia and it's needles, I giggle and pause the movie when the injection pops up on screen. Whaaaaat. There's worse things to be scared of, sheesh...

... like hairy spiders O_O

Pause the movie...thats evil!:giggle:

Hairy spiders...actually my wife is terrified of them too :roll:...I sense another poll idea:hmm:... :lol:

Had the opposite reaction. They both always insisted that shots absolutely do not hurt.

Maybe I got such terror because when I first remember shots, I had no communication.

I hope you didn't think I was lying to my kids. I just didn't want them to be scared. I have no problem and wanted them to be able to live through them as well. The kids know they hurt, but they put on a brave face now and will still try to giggle. It really freaks out the person giving the shot. :giggle:

I am SOOO afraid of needles..but I have gotten ALOT better...i don't bawl my eyes out anymore and I find that lying down when receiving any needles helps tremendously! :)

For Some reason, needles doesn't bother me at all... It's just quick, just a little pitch and then it's all over. Getting my blood drawn by the needles doesn't bother me at all as well!

I hope you didn't think I was lying to my kids. I just didn't want them to be scared. I have no problem and wanted them to be able to live through them as well. The kids know they hurt, but they put on a brave face now and will still try to giggle. It really freaks out the person giving the shot. :giggle:

No, I would not presume to judge your parenting.

Autistic people usually have a terrible problem with telling lies. And by that I mean it is usually almost impossible. There are even classes in public schools today to work with autistic people on the nicety of social lies. I have had more than more warning because I am not great at that. Isn't your daughter on the spectrum too?

I was only speculating since I had no communication until I was 5 if that I had known there would be pain if I would have been less frightened. That was the result in my own children. No fear.

Last edited:
No, I would not presume to judge your parenting.

Autistic people usually have a terrible problem with telling lies. Isn't your daughter on the spectrum too?
I was only speculating since I had no communication until I was 5 if that I had known there would be pain if I would have been less frightened. That was the result in my own children. No fear.

Yes she is and for that reason we were trying to make a game out of if. When she goes for her shot now - she will tell the person, I know it pinches, but don't make a big deal out of it and I will be fine. Then the stick the needle in and she giggles. It's hilarious!!

Yes she is and for that reason we were trying to make a game out of if. When she goes for her shot now - she will tell the person, I know it pinches, but don't make a big deal out of it and I will be fine. Then the stick the needle in and she giggles. It's hilarious!!
I edited to give a better explanation of my behavior.

When my daughter had to get an injection I told her "yes, it is sore but it only lasts a split second. I clicked my fingers to demonstrate how short the pain will last"
She came home smiling, it did not bother her at all.

How about this?

NeedleThruArm.jpg

Whaaat... it's fake :roll:

Back