Bad News:

really glad your dad is doing so much better, Cheri! :aw:

Wow Cheri that sure put a huge scare for ya to rush to see if your dad was alright...

Update:

Dad was really in a good spirit yesterday, he had asked to sit in the chair. :shock: He has never asked to sit in the chair before after his stroke. And that's so great :P Before he couldn't tell us what he wants when he gets unconformable because of frequently variety of pain syndromes. It could be his legs, or his arms, or his back, we had to play detective to figure out where he is having pains at, and move him around different positions, now he is telling us what he wants when he gets unconformable.

Firebrand--Thank-you! ;)

Dad was really in a good spirit yesterday, he had asked to sit in the chair. :shock: He has never asked to sit in the chair before after his stroke. And that's so great :P Before he couldn't tell us what he wants when he gets unconformable because of frequently variety of pain syndromes. It could be his legs, or his arms, or his back, we had to play detective to figure out where he is having pains at, and move him around different positions, now he is telling us what he wants when he gets unconformable.

Firebrand--Thank-you! ;)

that great news on your dad.. Kept updates

Glad to hear it Cheri!! Thanks for updating. I still keep your dad in my prayers.

Update:

Things are going so well for my dad but slow. Occupational therapy been pretty hard for him, many times he get over worked and burnt out. Sometimes I get so concern when his attitude seems to change, there are some days he is very positive and really determined to get better, then there are some other days he seems to be so cranky and doesn't want to do anything even it means no therapies, and he also lashes out on us, one time he lash out at me by shouting "NO!" when I asked him if he was ready to go in therapies. :(

I know he gets so uncomfortable at times. It must be so tough on him and I do feel his pains. But, I really want him to remain positive and to continuing with what he needs to do to be whole again. Also he seems to be very very very tired, it worries me, sometimes I think that he isn't getting plenty of sleep or maybe it's normal for him to be this tired because of hours and daily of occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy. I can tell that he doesn't like to lay in bed because he complains that he is unconformable.

I really want my dad back more than anything. :(

Cheri hugs I can image how hard PTs does it can exhauses the patients
prayers are keeping going :)

Things are going so well for my dad but slow. Occupational therapy been pretty hard for him, many times he get over worked and burnt out. Sometimes I get so concern when his attitude seems to change, there are some days he is very positive and really determined to get better, then there are some other days he seems to be so cranky and doesn't want to do anything even it means no therapies, and he also lashes out on us, one time he lash out at me by shouting "NO!" when I asked him if he was ready to go in therapies. :(

I know he gets so uncomfortable at times. It must be so tough on him and I do feel his pains. But, I really want him to remain positive and to continuing with what he needs to do to be whole again. Also he seems to be very very very tired, it worries me, sometimes I think that he isn't getting plenty of sleep or maybe it's normal for him to be this tired because of hours and daily of occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy. I can tell that he doesn't like to lay in bed because he complains that he is unconformable.

I really want my dad back more than anything. :(

oh,cheri

i know how you feels when my late grandma got stay in bed all the times and she never up and she stay allday i dont push her that her decision..

Hi Chery,
We can't be positive all the time.
I know I say something very obvious, but remember this when your dad is negative.
After, he'll be back to positive.
I can imagine it's hard for you to deal with. But remember that it's normal : he is sometimes very frustrated and wants things to go quicker.
I live with this situation with my ADHD : I'd sometimes like things go quicker, but it's not possible. I, we do our best to do so but we have everyone to be patient. The worst is when mom wants things to go quicker but we can't go quicker than the music, as we say in French (with my ADHD, in my country (France), I am into a very complicated legal situation for my driving licence. It would be great for things to go quicker, but we can't make them so).

The best thing you can do is asking your dad why do he feels like that.
When he says "no" for therapies, ask him why.
Listen to him for his reasons.
Like everyone, he has the right to be frustrated for his illness. It doesn't seem to, but it's a very huge change, like a storm or a typhoon, and as for him as for everyone. You can only expect for him to be frustrated. Welcome it as a normal part of the process, because it is a normal part of the process. Let him express frustration, fears.... You'll see that he'll feel only better after that.
Time will be your friend, his friend. Love will be friend to everyone.

:wave:

I am sorry that he got a stroke but glad hes doing good and getting better with PT.. I know how frustrating it is but be patient.. I know you have family to help out.. ;) Hang in there Cheri & Angel!! Hugs

Update: Good News, Good News!!

Just recently Friday last week he had said four to seven words in complete full sentences! He sounded clearer and louder. In fact that he got back some of his full sentences and words, it is just not something you would ever expect to happen within two weeks since he has Aphasia! It's truly a miracle!

Cheri, that's great news to hear about your father. I am glad he's improving in various ways. I will keep praying for him:)

Cheri, that is the best news in many weeks. Will keep praying for your Dad to improve as he goes along in progression. Just be there for him and he will need all the support from you and your family without pressuring him too much. Give him space while he try to work his speech and his walking. It is hard to be back to normal like he was before. Thank you for the updates. :)

Just recently Friday last week he had said four to seven words in complete full sentences! He sounded clearer and louder. In fact that he got back some of his full sentences and words, it is just not something you would ever expect to happen within two weeks since he has Aphasia! It's truly a miracle!

That's wonderful Cheri. I am very happy for you. :)

Back