What antivirus software do you use?

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
After years of using Norton Antivirus I'm finally using something else for a change -- NOD32 by ESET. One of the best things I like about it is that it doesn't slow down my computer's performance like Norton did in the past. You can learn more about NOD32 by going to their site directly at Antivirus Software - Eliminate Spyware and Adware with NOD32 Antivirus from ESET

What antivirus software do you use and/or recommend? :)

I'm currently using McAfee, but when it expires within a year, I'll try that program that you are using now. ;)

None of them... I don't have antivirus software right now.

Same here, I rarely get hit by viruses.
Problem with norton is that is one of most common antivirus program. These virus writers knew about this and work to beat the Norton antivirus software. The less common antivirus application the less chance that the virus writer would be able to get their program into stealth mode.
The last time I got hit by virus, it was damn steathy one! The worst one, and I had spend 24 hours to get this wiped out.

None of them... I don't have antivirus software right now.

I don't use any anymore. but I once had Virex that was offered by Apple thru .mac account for free. and now not offered anymore. I stopped using it since I upgraded to Tiger (10.4) and that .mac version of Virex was for Panther (10.3)

If I need one, I would go for open source, ClamAV but I have no need for AV software since I am mac user :D

I can recommend ClamAV, free and open source. (I have tried it before after stopping using Virex but I realize I don't need one due to the fact that there's no virus for mac out in the wild)

Wha... a joke!

Expensive to buy it and renewal another flies out of my pocket expense!

err No Thanks..

I must tell you all, I almost never put anti-virus on my comptuer by PC/ Laptop since 1999.. I never get any virus as crash on my computer at all.. that why I feel no need anti-virus programs for rest of my whole life! Because anti-virus program definitely is useless

Wow, I wish I didn't have to worry about getting viruses like you, XBGMER. Unfortunately, I get over a hundred emails (mostly spam) everyday, and at least once a day I get a virus that is deleted by NOD32. :(

I must tell you all, I almost never put anti-virus on my comptuer by PC/ Laptop since 1999.. I never get any virus as crash on my computer at all.. that why I feel no need anti-virus programs for rest of my whole life! Because anti-virus program definitely is useless

what kind of computer/lappy do you have?

my computers are all apple. i dont have anti-virus on my computers yet. but my dad has one too. i dont have to worry about such thing can success to harm mac due to small percent mac on market.

NOD32 i never heard of it. interesting...

I used Zone Alarm to protected my pc>check it out here
try 15 days trail free>ZoneAlarm® Internet
Security Suite if you like it I will PM you for serial number

I use Antivir on XP window, and for Linux I don't use any of antivirus.

Yea, I agree.

Antivirus isn't 100% protection, some virus writers can beat program out but only that need to be careful then would be fine. :)

I'm using Norton Anti-Virus. I've never had problems with it slowing down my computer. It's McAfee that slows down my computer. I've only installed it because RIT requires it. It's disabled though. I enable it only when I need to cuz Norton does a better job. ;)

I don't use a Anti-virus program because I use a Mac and they are way less likely to be hit by a virus due to the small marketshare of those computers.

I gasped I found a NOD32 under my bed!

I have an Apple computer with OS X. I never receive a single virus on my hard disk for a very long time. Whew!

Alex, If you got more viruses on your computer, will you consider to buy a Xserver (Apple) - someday?

Wow, I wish I didn't have to worry about getting viruses like you, XBGMER. Unfortunately, I get over a hundred emails (mostly spam) everyday, and at least once a day I get a virus that is deleted by NOD32. :(
Alex, I am sorry to hear that you collect the email spams from somewhere without your permission. That why I stopped to collect any email spams from junky internet. Also I sometime tell my friends saying, don't send me any stupid junks like spams, links in emails or chain letter/ pictures.. anyway I using my own judgment and common sense.. But the hack I worry the most.. firewall sometime won't help to pervent the hack access my personal account like paypal or something as you know.. Because I never pass somebody about my informational psaaword, else I revealed.. geez... I am so careful...

what kind of computer/lappy do you have?
I built my own personal computer without BIG NAME OF COMPANY.. I use compaq laptop the most.. I never have any problem with those.. becuase I using my own judgment and common sense! ;)

Yea, I agree.

Antivirus isn't 100% protection, some virus writers can beat program out but only that need to be careful then would be fine. :)
Yes, I correct you about anti-virus will not pervent against virus, etc, ;)

Back