Is It Ok For Girlfriend/Boyfriend to Go Through Phone

why u gotta break balls?

Nein, wenn sie ein Kontroll-Freak ist, kann sie woanders hingehen.

There are legitimate reasons to check someone's phone or email. Like you need a phone number or you need to print something out.

What did she find? Why so jumpy? :P

There are legitimate reasons to check someone's phone or email. Like you need a phone number or you need to print something out.

What did she find? Why so jumpy? :P

:laugh2: Good call.

That's true, my husband and I have each other's passwords and do occasionally go into each other's email/phone to get a password reset message, an address, or specific info. -- and usually it's after saying hey, look in my email, I just sent an email to so and so, should have the date in there, or the email address you need, or something like that. But I'd never start looking through any other messages than those specified. And I'd think it odd if he were to do that with mine (even though I often leave my email open on our mac in the office). It's the difference between, 'hey, pick up the other phone handset, we're making plans to do such and such' and just secretly listening in to phone conversations without the other people's knowledge. And with emails and text messages, it's not just the SO's privacy you are stepping on, there's another person in the conversation, too, whose privacy you are stepping on. There's something creepy and controlling and lacking in trust if someone feels that they need to wander through someone else's emails and texts.

Of course, if he suddenly became really secretive about it, I'd think, hmmmm, what's up with that?

Yea, if the girlfriend has enough to make her search, then the guy is already busted. Women know when there's something going on.

One of my girlfriends had access to her husband's account. The husband knew that the had the password. While she was away caring for her sick relative, the husband was emailing another woman and she read the emails between her husband and the other woman. Major ick factor there. Then, the husband said that he was going to visit the other woman in a different location. Long story short, she filed for divorce.

Nobody goes thru my personal stuff, computer, purse, phone, etc. Even if I did have "something to hide"...then it's for my eyes only....If they ask to use my phone, I probably would, as long as they don't go snooping into my messages. Everybody deserves some degree of privacy.

My girlfriend has a lousy phone. She wishes that she had a phone like mine. Sometimes, she asks if she can see my phone. YOu know, how does it work? ALso to play Pac Man on my phone. I don't mind. I have nothing to hide. If she asks and I said no, then she may wonder "am I hiding something". I don't mind showing her texts from all customers that I have(including women) who wants to buy bike from me. SHe knows those are business deals not a relationship thing. We have each other's trust this way.

I let my SO use my computer at any time, and my phone. I guess we have a solid trust level that there's nothing for us to worry about. There's nothing on my computer or phone that would be unacceptable for him to look at, and vice versa.

That's the way it should be, imo.

I have to be careful because sometimes I have highly confidential e-mails from my work and messages related to where I counseled for my domestic violence organization...so with that said, even though I trust my SO, I'm legally bound by law to keep those emails confidential. Once I read them, I delete them from my phone as soon as I can...sometimes the messages need to remain on the phone...such as medical information I need to keep there if we take a field trip so I have that with me in case of an emergency. Thus, sometimes, I'm not really comfortable with him browsing through my phone.

I have to be careful because sometimes I have highly confidential e-mails from my work and messages related to where I counseled for my domestic violence organization...so with that said, even though I trust my SO, I'm legally bound by law to keep those emails confidential. Once I read them, I delete them from my phone as soon as I can...sometimes the messages need to remain on the phone...such as medical information I need to keep there if we take a field trip so I have that with me in case of an emergency. Thus, sometimes, I'm not really comfortable with him browsing through my phone.

hmm... is your phone issued to you by your work?

It's not okay to search someone else's private communications, but at the same time, you should have no reason to, and if you do, then it probably just to confirm something you already know.

At the same time, if an SO goes to lengths to keep their stuff hidden, I think that's probably a bad sign. I had an ex that would keep her phone locked at all times, even when we were together. Made me think, hmmm . . .

hmm... is your phone issued to you by your work?

No, and they SHOULD issue me one for work-related information...they expect me to use my personal phones for emergency messages and such. So wrong. :(

Well, I had a vivid dream about me went through a duffel and found some love letters from a ex girlfriend, then put them away before a person bringing two strangers into our seedy motel room, then my dream was poof! That letter stated, "I miss you."

About seven months later, a same person entered into a mini store with a friend, I did check a person's old bb pager and ignored other texts and focused on one text from a ex girlfriend. Guess what? that text said, "I miss you." My hair on my neck was shot up and I immediately put the pager back into cup holder in my old car.

That was a few years ago.

Freaky, it isn't?

Back