Writing my Senior Thesis

I did notice the capital D , I just did not feel like making it.

Once again, you don't get it. Capital D is culturally Deaf. Lower d is medically deaf. But never mind. It is not one bit about not feeling like making it. And you call me stupid. You are not understanding FF's post.

Once again, you don't get it. Capital D is culturally Deaf. Lower d is medically deaf. But never mind. It is not one bit about not feeling like making it. And you call me stupid. You are not understanding FF's post.

"Like"

AlleyCat, you are not stupid. What you said is correct. I had pointed them out in my post here. Just be calm. :)

That really would upset me and getting frustrated so much because I was struggling trying to made heads and tails being in the mainstream schools for Special Education which I hate that program. There were no ASL back then in the 1950 and 1960, not even accommodations in the hearing classrooms.

Deaf is for ASL and being involved in Deaf Culture in the Deaf Communities.

The small letter for d is deaf which mean that it is medically by the doctor and also deaf children and adults prefer to speak without signing at all.

I can not believe why parents, even authorities tried very hard to make us be like them so much (in order for us to be hearing like them) which is impossible that hearing aids and Cochlear Implants (CIs) would not help us to hear perfectly or normally like hearing people. That is why hearing people don't get it that we can not change from deaf to hearing at all just to satisfy their ways. Why do we have to put up with that no matter if we are deaf or hard of hearing? It is not fair for us to go through suffering like this.

So what you are saying that you would rather have us go through without accommodations like ASL, close captioned T.V., Door bell signalers, TDD (Telecommunication Device for the Deaf) or VP with VR (Videophone with Video Relay).

Most of us don't like oral-only method and not like Special Education at all. Maybe some of Hard Of Hearing (HOH) probably don't mind oral-only method. But still they need the accommodations for them so they don't lost in communication with hearing people.

So don't talk about how we must go through without accommodations to make our life harder for us to suffer and get frustrated. :mad:

Hi there, I think you may have misunderstood me. My paper is intended to describe Deaf culture, and how important ASL is for young deaf and hoh adolescents. Part of this goes along with exactly what you were saying. Cochlear implants are discussed in a way that explains why they are harmful. I also intend to explain how the oralist method is a poor educational choice and causes psychological harm to many deaf adolescents. I don't think there shouldn't be accommodations. Rather I feel that Hearing culture should not expect deaf individuals to give up their Deaf culture and assimilate into a hearing world. I think ASL is great and am taking ASL classes, I would never want to take that away from anyone. Hopefully I've clarified myself better.

Deaf vs. deaf is:

deaf = medically deaf

Deaf = accepted Deaf culture (i.e. uses ASL, interacts with other Deaf)

There are many other threads on this forum that discuss the d/Deaf terminology.

Thank you AlleyCat :)

"Like"

AlleyCat, you are not stupid. What you said is correct. I had pointed them out in my post here. Just be calm. :)

Thanks :) (WDYS has called me stupid so many times in other posts, that's what I was referring to.). I'm all calm. :)

Oh, yup is the same as yes, yeah, agree, etc.....in context, of course.

Yup. LOL

Yes thats correct. Thank you, alleycat.

"Like"

Ditto.

Thanks :) (WDYS has called me stupid so many times in other posts, that's what I was referring to.). I'm all calm. :)

I can't being to count the times I been called crazy and stupid here by a lot members and I had really said nothing about it or reported it. People had said " I was not brightest blub in the box" which is the same as calling me 'stupid' . So can someone please tell why it's OK to call a person 'stupid' in around about way ??

I can't being to count the times I been called crazy and stupid here by a lot members and I had really said nothing about it or reported it. People had said " I was not brightest blub in the box" which is the same as calling me 'stupid' . So can someone please tell why it's OK to call a person 'stupid' in around about way ??

So you don't like being called not the brightest bulb in the box, but it's okay for you to say it to me?

I have a dog and I have take him out to pee and poop. You're sure not the brightest bulb in the box ! :roll:

Back