Have you ever tried to wear CI or HA when you are sleeping in bed?

Chimajo

Reaction score
In my life, I never wear CI or HA at night when I am sleeping.

Maybe it is not like comfortable.

I used to wear my HA at night when I needed to wake up to an alarm the next day. I didn't have a shake-awake alarm and the flashing-light alarms were useless.

My CI I don't wear at night. It will just fall off at some point in the night. I do usually keep it on if I am taking a nap during the day though.

heck no! My hearing aid would just feedback like crazy, and I'd just lose the CI in bed and I don't want my dog to try eating my CI. Nope. HA and CI are both taken off and put away at night before I go to bed.

I never wear my Cochlear Implant to bed. Recharging the battery, Just placed in the special case,

I don't wear my hearing aids to bed. I tried once, but it was just a lot of feedback.

No, I do not wear my HA to bed. I will wake up in the morning with it buried somnewhere.

I don't "go" to sleep with my ha's in, not on purpose anyway. Most of the time I just wear my right one, and I have fallen asleep many many many times with it in, but my left ear would be down on the pillow, so feedback is no issue. I have woken up many a time to my husband pulling my aid out of my ear.

I don't "go" to sleep with my ha's in, not on purpose anyway. Most of the time I just wear my right one, and I have fallen asleep many many many times with it in, but my left ear would be down on the pillow, so feedback is no issue. I have woken up many a time to my husband pulling my aid out of my ear.

LOL why does he do that :)

Don't like the loud feedback so I usually take off my hearing aid when going to sleep. :)

Don't know if I should, they're not comfortable enough to sleep in, besides there's all that noise, how does anyone sleep with all that noise :)

Last edited:
LOL why does he do that :)

So I don't sleep with it in my ear all night :giggle: This would usually happen if I fell asleep watching tv on the couch. I've slept through the night with it in a few times and then had to wear it all day the next.....my ear is never happy about that. For a few years I only had one, audi told me not to wear one in the other, so I imagine if I turned my head so the ha was against the pillow and it starts making noise I prob just turn my head back the other way.

He doesn't do that anymore though, I left him. A few months ago my son tried to do it for me and the tube slid out so he took the aid off but the mold stayed in my ear hahaha

I have never slept with my hearing aids in. I fall asleep every once in a while or lay down with them in, and it is very uncomfortable because I sleep on my side...

I most often just fall asleep with my Ci's on.

Sometimes I like to fall asleep to an audio book.

I did last night, fell asleep with them on by accident, and now I can't seem to find them anywhere... lol where did it go? I don't know.

Wear CI, and you will hear the ghost whisper in your head, he or she want to play with you...

I turn over too much when sleeping at home to leave my one hearing aid in on purpose.

But . . . when I had surgery a few years ago they had small TVs at each bedside. I discovered that I wanted the head of the bed to be somewhat elevated for the best view of that. I also found that I was inclined to stay on my back and thus went to leaving the hearing aid in rather than have to insert it every time someone came in and wanted to say something to me. It worked out well.

I think he's joking, "looking" for it when it's on his head. You ever done that with glasses or sunglasses...I know I have! :D

yeah in case though. LOL but it did happen to my hub. He thought he lost his CI but it was hanging on the bar on the side of bed. WHEW. He lost his CI before. :shock:

yeah in case though. LOL but it did happen to my hub. He thought he lost his CI but it was hanging on the bar on the side of bed. WHEW. He lost his CI before. :shock:

I think the way you are saying this is confusing. He didn't loose the whole CI he lost the external part which is the processor.

Back