So I gave up wearing Nike Air Max sneakers

Whatever WalMart or Payless carry. ;)
Same here.

I used to go for big name brands until I realized I could find cheaper brands that last as long or longer than the big name brands.

Plus, I don't get fancy shoes since I can find comfort shoes cheaper. :)

I've had a pair of nike "air cushioned" shoes since 2008. I have worn them longer than I should have, about 400-500 miles, but they are REALLY comfortable and I don't want to shell out the money to replace them. I don't wear them throughout the day but do wear them when I go out for walks.

Also, any shoe that can really stand up to that much use (many shoes break down at 300 or even well before) is built pretty darn well.

You might save money buying cheap shoes in the short term, but in the long term more expensive shoes can be a lot cheaper if they last longer.

I like Vivobarefoot shoes. Only milimeters between feet and ground, and they look cool. The downside is they quickly get wet if ground is wet. Prefer flip flops whenever possible, like havaianas, reef and kustom. Now you know why my nick is flip. ;)

Barefoot shoes are okay for your feet, but flip flops are about the least healthy pair of shoes you can wear short of unreasonably high heels. If you do wear flip flops, you should wear a thick-bottomed pair (NOT thin foam) and one with the biggest "band" possible over your toes. Otherwise you are constantly (and often unconsciously) gripping the shoes with your toes as you walk (not good or natural for your feet), and more likely to over-pronate, and really just more likely to cause yourself a world of foot harm.

Better yet, supportive sandals with a heel strap and a strap over the toes are MUCH better than flip flops, and comfortable for summer too.

Barefoot shoes are okay for your feet, but flip flops are about the least healthy pair of shoes you can wear short of unreasonably high heels. If you do wear flip flops, you should wear a thick-bottomed pair (NOT thin foam) and one with the biggest "band" possible over your toes. Otherwise you are constantly (and often unconsciously) gripping the shoes with your toes as you walk (not good or natural for your feet), and more likely to over-pronate, and really just more likely to cause yourself a world of foot harm.

Better yet, supportive sandals with a heel strap and a strap over the toes are MUCH better than flip flops, and comfortable for summer too.
Didn't knew that, interesting. My favorite flip flips are "stiff" with thick bands, while those I don't use often have thin bands and softer plates(bends more). Kustom and reef are good this way, but still my feets want to stay barefeet after a while in flip flops. So this makes sense.

This reminds me of an article I read once, about asians who use lots of flip flops. They don't have issues with knees and feets, like westerns, but can't find the article.

Well - Son is in a men's 10W, hubby in a men's 14W, daughter in a ladies 13W or men's 10W, me in a ladies 12 W or men's 9 1/2 W.

In the bolded, my brother wore a 13W and called his flip-flops waterskis. Now, there was this guy at our church, who also babysat us a couple of times, who wore a 17 AAAA shoe. Long skinny feet. He later worked part time doing Ronald McDonald in costume. He's also 7'2" tall.

Wow, that's just freakishly tall. I hope the tall guy didn't suffer medical problems such as early onset arthritis and cardiovascular disease due to his extreme height. Oh, I have the urge to ask a ridiculous question: Did the guy ever play basketball? :lol:

Wow, that's just freakishly tall. I hope the tall guy didn't suffer medical problems such as early onset arthritis and cardiovascular disease due to his extreme height. Oh, I have the urge to ask a ridiculous question: Did the guy ever play basketball? :lol:

Yes, he did play basketball in high school and for relaxation. His sister was almost as tall and she played basketball as well. Neither had any medical issues that I know of. They no longer live in Florida and I am not sure where they have gotten to these days. My 2 biggest memories of him: 1) while babysitting, he was the one who could build card houses and would get 6 decks together and have a five foot tall card house on the floor of a mobile home. 2) He played the part of John the Baptists when we did the Christmas Pageant. We had 25 foot cathedral beamed ceiling in the church and he had no microphone. He was wearing rabbit skins (with a bathing suit underneath) for his costume and had the long wooden staff, and with his deep booming voice that would echo through the church, you could hear the line, "Repent Ye, Repent Ye, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand....." and so on. He would purposely stride forward through the full length of the church and his voice would just bounce off the rafters and walls and you could just feel it in your bones.

21o0t9z.jpg

Now that it is getting hot , I am reminded how much I like my Sanuk Fraid So sandals.

Yes, he did play basketball in high school and for relaxation. His sister was almost as tall and she played basketball as well. Neither had any medical issues that I know of. They no longer live in Florida and I am not sure where they have gotten to these days. My 2 biggest memories of him: 1) while babysitting, he was the one who could build card houses and would get 6 decks together and have a five foot tall card house on the floor of a mobile home. 2) He played the part of John the Baptists when we did the Christmas Pageant. We had 25 foot cathedral beamed ceiling in the church and he had no microphone. He was wearing rabbit skins (with a bathing suit underneath) for his costume and had the long wooden staff, and with his deep booming voice that would echo through the church, you could hear the line, "Repent Ye, Repent Ye, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand....." and so on. He would purposely stride forward through the full length of the church and his voice would just bounce off the rafters and walls and you could just feel it in your bones.

Wow, his voice must have had a deep tone with a solid pitch to do that. It's hard to fill an entire sanctuary with just one voice, sometimes even with amplification.

However, I can clear the sanctuary in about 3 seconds with my horrendous blood curdling scream. :lol:

21o0t9z.jpg

Now that it is getting hot , I am reminded how much I like my Sanuk Fraid So sandals.

A lot of people around here swear by Sanuk sandals. Are they really that much more comfy than my Walmart flip flops?

A lot of people around here swear by Sanuk sandals. Are they really that much more comfy than my Walmart flip flops?

Yes! They have good support and they last. Also they don't hurt between the toes.

And even though they are an expensive sandal , I got a great deal on ebay and bought mine for $4.99 plus shipping.

I really like them!

Yes! They have good support and they last. Also they don't hurt between the toes.

And even though they are an expensive sandal , I got a great deal on ebay and bought mine for $4.99 plus shipping.

I really like them!

The last time I saw a price tag on a pair of Sanuks in a store was $49.99 USD. :shock: When you earn only $300/wk, that's a chunk of change.

The last time I saw a price tag on a pair of Sanuks in a store was $49.99 USD. :shock: When you earn only $300/wk, that's a chunk of change.

We are low income also. I always look for good deals. I am very patient. That is the key to having things you want.

I took quite a while to find the Sanuk's and win. I lost some first.

There's nothing wrong with wearing men's shoes if they fit. Just go with brown or athletic ones so it comes off as a unisex type of shoe that can be worn by either sex.

I think Walmart shoes go up to size 11 or 12 in men's and up to a size 10 or 11 in women's.

I remember seeing a size 14 shoe once on display in the mall at Ft. Smith. That thing was HUGE. It was nearly as long as my arm. That's a freaking huge foot! They were actually selling them as they had the display shoe and there was a sign that read: If you need larger size shoes, please ask a sales person. We have up to size 14 in stock. :shock:

My two brothers-in-law are 6'8" and 6'4", respectively. They both wear size 14s. Not easy to find.

I prefer Asics shoes. But, unfortunately, I can't find an online store in the US that are willing to import to Australia. So, I brought a pair of Nikes. Horrible... They look nice, but damn uncomfortable to wear compared to Asics.

I was told by my doc that alot of them are good shoes but what to look for when buying a good walking shoe is if the toe of the shoe can be bent back over the top to heel then it is a big no no. The less they bend the better the shoe. And then get inserts to fit your foots needs.

Back