Ack. Casual days at work during the summer

LoveBlue

Reaction score
My new work location is "casual day" every day. And we're allowed to wear shorts. :shock:
Today at least two of the young guys are wearing shorts.
I doubt I'll be wearing shorts...too dang cold (I'm wearing thin knee-highs and a hoody right now and am still cold).
I do like the dress code, though. I'm a jeans & t-shirt gal...since back in the 70's when we were allowed to wear jeans to school.

My new work location is "casual day" every day. And we're allowed to wear shorts. :shock:
I doubt I'll be wearing shorts...too dang cold (I'm wearing thin knee-highs and a hoody right now and am still cold).
I do like the dress code, though. I'm a jeans & t-shirt gal...since back in the 70's when we were allowed to wear jeans to school.

Agreed. One of my work places is casual every day...but they keep the air conditioning so cold in the summer that there is no way I could wear shorts. My ankles even turn blue with capris on! Thank goodness I'm only there a few hours a week.:P

Same here in my office.

Surprisingly this office have no the dress code. I am a jeans & t shirt gal too! However, I do still wear nicely tops with jeans and cutesy shoes but i end up wearing running sneakers anyway. I do dress up here as well. T shirt is out of question unless i can wear the blazer jackets then I can hide the t shirt under it. LOL

I dress like Dr. House at work. minus cane and sneakers.

I dress like Dr. House at work. minus cane and sneakers.
Barefoot? :cool2:

Speaking of canes, I saw a neat one today. One of the older PGR bikers carries a cane on a special bracket on his motorcycle. He uses the cane when he walks or stands for a long time. It looks like a regular claw hammer topper with a really long wooden handle. I imagine it would make a handy self-defense weapon, if necessary. :lol: (I'm glad they let him thru the Air Force Base gate with it.)

Wirelessly posted

They have a strict dress code at my job. Long pants, shirt with sleeve, steal toed boots, hard hat and safety glasses.

I'm retired and spend the whole summer at the beach. Every day is casual day. Biggest decision of the day: which sunglasses should I wear? :cool2:

I'm retired and spend the whole summer at the beach. Every day is casual day. Biggest decision of the day: which sunglasses should I wear? :cool2:

:cherrs: "What to have for lunch?" drives me insane! My favorite hobby is taking the bus to the beach during morning rush hour. It's my social experiment. I have found that people who are nicely dressed on the bus seem to resent my presence........ Dude.

:cherrs: "What to have for lunch?" drives me insane! My favorite hobby is taking the bus to the beach during morning rush hour. It's my social experiment. I have found that people who are nicely dressed on the bus seem to resent my presence........ Dude.
They may be afraid you are homeless and will rob them. :wave:

Agreed. One of my work places is casual every day...but they keep the air conditioning so cold in the summer that there is no way I could wear shorts. My ankles even turn blue with capris on! Thank goodness I'm only there a few hours a week.:P
One of my pet peeves is frigid AC in the summer. :P

Hubby has one of the worst dress codes. While it may seem normal, all year long it is uniform with long cargo pant and a short sleeved white shirt, so he also has to have the undershirt. But, due to his job, he also has the heavy coveralls and heavy coat, stocking cap with face mask, thick wool socks with special boots and thermal thinsulate gloves. He has to be in freezers all day. Ice cream production will do that.

My current dress code? Whatever I so desire and sometimes I stay in jammies all day.

my work has a strict dress code. We arent allowed to wear jeans unless we pay $5 for a charity.

Back