Dixie, did you get your HAs today?

LoveBlue

Reaction score
:wave: Hope you were able to get your HAs and that you are adjusting to the "new" sounds.

She should show up eventually, but I hope she won't mind if I report she did, and now thinks the world is loud! :lol:

She should show up eventually, but I hope she won't mind if I report she did, and now thinks the world is loud! :lol:

:lol: Yes, the world is loud, but probably because I've not heard it for so long. I guess I got used to being in my own little silent world. :lol:

Yes, I got my new HAs today and so far so good. Just taking some time getting used to everything again. I heard traffic on the highway, mom turning on the shower upstairs, the bathroom at the mall was ear murder! I heard six toilets flush in two minutes, the air dryer was enough to nearly make me want to rip my HA out, but man oh man, I was able to hear the cashier at the mall when he spoke to me, and I could hear car alarms in the parking lot and cars driving up behind me. My hair is loud even. If I don't get used to my hair being loud I will get it cut short again.

Go ahead laugh and share your loud stories. Lol.

Dixie, happy for you. It's interesting what sounds are out there, hm? I hope it is all that you want! :)

I was going to say don't flush any toilets yet. :D

I already did. The downstairs toilet is loud, I thought I had Niagra Falls right there in my bathroom! Lmao!!!

Now I know why my mom always complains that I'm so loud. But I think by now she's used to it, but gets irritated with it sometimes.

BANG BANG BOOM BOOM TROMP TROMP TROMP. :shock:

Dixie, that's great. I'm thrilled for you that these are working well. It probably won't take you too long to get adjusted to all these new sounds. Isn't it amazing what technology can do!

Did you mention which brand/style these are?

I'm happy to hear all is well
Dixie! I hope that you are able to adjust to the sounds soon without too much discomfort. Congratulations!

It is Starkey iQ series. The technology has improved by leaps and bounds since my previous HAs. And the microwave beeper is also loud. However I may give my poor ear a break in a bit, I will start out wearing it for part of the day until I get used to it, and probably take it out when I am at home.

Taking it step by step seems a good idea.

I hope eventually you feel just as comfortable wearing it at home, because of course there wil be sounds at home that are good to hear, too - like timers, someone at the door, the phone, the TV, radio, etc.

How is music for you with these? Have you tried listening to the radio yet? Or CDs, any sort of recorded music?

Taking it step by step seems a good idea.

I hope eventually you feel just as comfortable wearing it at home, because of course there wil be sounds at home that are good to hear, too - like timers, someone at the door, the phone, the TV, radio, etc.

How is music for you with these? Have you tried listening to the radio yet? Or CDs, any sort of recorded music?

I listened to my Darren Hayes album on the way home. Wow. The music is way better than before.

Thanks everyone!

I took them out as I am about to go to bed, and when I did it's like I stepped back into total silence, back into the world which I'm more used to. I can't hear my DD fart, and the toilet isn't quite as scary, LOL.

I will give myself two or three weeks to adjust to it then go back and make finer adjustments.

The pic of my HA is on my FB profile.

:thumb: I was amazed at how loud light switched were when I first got mine.

Dixie
How amazing it must be for you to hear these sounds again. Your hearing stories are pretty funny. I wish I had the chance to experience sound again. Good luck and happy hearing.

I wore my HA to work today. Man, I had no idea my muck boots were so loud on the concrete. It was more like "WOP-WOP WOP-WOP WOP-WOP". I could hear my boss walk in and out, and my boss was laughing at my hearing stories. Lol. Well so much for sneaking up on the field tech.

I took it out this afternoon to give my ear a break and I think my brain was beginning to get overloaded with all the noise. ALL the switches at work are loud. The ones on the tables are like "PLUNK" and the ones on the wall are like "TITCH". I also heard my first egg drop. It makes a loud "POP". At first I thought something blew up inside the actual chicken house until I realized it was an egg rolling off the table and smacking the floor.

I've not put my HA back in yet, but I'm debating on cutting my hair. This mop head I've got going on is irritating when it rubs against the HA. I'll give it one more day. If its still bothering me, I'm going back to my short hair. It's been about six months since my last hair cut so I'm over due it seems.

I also forgot how noisy driving down a dirt road was until this morning. I could hear the rocks pinging on my truck and when I hit a pothole I could hear stuff in my truck bed getting jarred around.

I thought about stopping by the church to see what my pastor really sounds like but I may wait until Sunday as I will see if I need another program added for church services and lectures. Right now I have 'normal' and 'crowds' on my HA.

Dixie. I got my new hearing aids last January. So I know the feeling of all the noises.

I am happy for you. It takes time to adjust to it all since it is over stimulating at times.

If you basically like your hair long, maybe you could ask for a face-framing trim around the front, while leaving the rest long. Or pull back the top half into a hair elastic thingie.

Are these ITE or BTE aids? My hair is somewhat long, and I've never noticed any hair noises on my BTEs. MIght be just the way it happens to fall.

If you basically like your hair long, maybe you could ask for a face-framing trim around the front, while leaving the rest long. Or pull back the top half into a hair elastic thingie.

Are these ITE or BTE aids? My hair is somewhat long, and I've never noticed any hair noises on my BTEs. MIght be just the way it happens to fall.

they're more behind the ear dude.

Back