Who would like to drive an 3 wheel motorcycle?

The Joker

Reaction score
atvfranchise_bna02-910x310.jpg

Ill bet you these have very good gas millege.

My 2008 Champion bodied Honda Goldwing 1800. :)

Ok Tousi, your turn.

Attachments

• 10401339_725886057486386_5921016451183625140_n.jpg
    10401339_725886057486386_5921016451183625140_n.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 10687197_777856158956042_767855212400544203_n (1).jpg
    10687197_777856158956042_767855212400544203_n (1).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 13

Actually, trikes get a couple of miles per gallon less than two-wheelers due to their physical size. Trikes make up for it in comfort and stability.

From what I've heard on the Pan-Am is that it's really for people who want the open road but don't feel like going super-fast. You would think 3 wheels makes it more stable but the way it's designed it's hard to take on fast curves.

It's a nice bike and I think it's more suitable if you want to go on a long cross-tour.

And as for the gas mileage well, IMO if you're really worried about that you'd be better off getting an economy car like a Honda Civic because motorcycles require more maintenance and upkeep than cars. On cars you can get about 50,000 miles out of a set of tires but on a motorcycle even if you go slow you'll be lucky to get 10,000 miles out of them. Plus there's the cost of helmet, leathers, etc.... it all adds up.

From what I've heard on the Pan-Am is that it's really for people who want the open road but don't feel like going super-fast. You would think 3 wheels makes it more stable but the way it's designed it's hard to take on fast curves.

It's a nice bike and I think it's more suitable if you want to go on a long cross-tour.

And as for the gas mileage well, IMO if you're really worried about that you'd be better off getting an economy car like a Honda Civic because motorcycles require more maintenance and upkeep than cars. On cars you can get about 50,000 miles out of a set of tires but on a motorcycle even if you go slow you'll be lucky to get 10,000 miles out of them. Plus there's the cost of helmet, leathers, etc.... it all adds up.

Agreed. Only thing I have to add is my Honda handles interstate curves and ramps well above the posted limits without that "feeling" any biker gets when you are on the edge. Of course if riding Deal's Gap, that would be a different story. :)

sure! but I like my 2-wheels better :lol:

but I admit that this bike is very awesome.. equipped with whole bazillion thing. that's why I'm looking to buy a bigger and more luxurious motorcycle (2-wheel that is...)

I would like to own Can-Am but plm is $$$'s. Unless if I won a Lottery. I would be happy to buy that and ride it. It's much safer than riding a Trike.

I DO have concerns about Trike (two rear wheel and one front). IT reminds me of 3 wheel ATV which had highest accident rate. I can imagine that if one have to turn hard to avoid accident but would roll over easily.

ANY Cruiser motorcycle, Harley, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki can be converted to Trike. I saw Suzuki Boulevard Trike at Used Motorcycle Dealership. It look exactly like my 2002 Suzuki Volusia (2001-2004) and Boulevard (2005-current) basically same body and engine. The Trike kit cost $12,000.

So Can Am is the safest on the road.

Catty

I would like to own Can-Am but plm is $$$'s. Unless if I won a Lottery. I would be happy to buy that and ride it. It's much safer than riding a Trike.

I DO have concerns about Trike (two rear wheel and one front). IT reminds me of 3 wheel ATV which had highest accident rate. I can imagine that if one have to turn hard to avoid accident but would roll over easily.

ANY Cruiser motorcycle, Harley, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki can be converted to Trike. I saw Suzuki Boulevard Trike at Used Motorcycle Dealership. It look exactly like my 2002 Suzuki Volusia (2001-2004) and Boulevard (2005-current) basically same body and engine. The Trike kit cost $12,000.

So Can Am is the safest on the road.

Catty

Those 3-wheel ATVs with soft tires were off road and were easy to flip. My trike would have to be hit by another vehicle to flip, same as a two-wheel motorcycle.

Really. Hmmmm. Never rode Trike before so on road curve at 80 mph holding its position ?

Catty

Really. Hmmmm. Never rode Trike before so on road curve at 80 mph holding its position ?

Catty

Sure it can...reputable trike conversion companies engineer them for safety and balance. When I first got my California Sidecar and Trike conversion (a Honda Gold Wing), I tested it on a quiet stretch freeway here in CA for about 5 miles at close to 90 miles per hour and was satisfied with how it performed on the normal curves and everything else. Of course, I have never gone over 70 mph since then cuz I am a law-abiding citizen.....:D

Sure, I would like to drive one, I think it would be amazing.

I drove robin relient years ago and three wheelers do not take corner

I drove robin relient years ago and three wheelers do not take corner

Then they were not engineered right.....plus, I think what you are mentioning are probably machines with a simple sidecar added, which would be very different from what TCS and I are talking about.....Caveat.....sure, trikes can be overturned but at the hands of fools...they'd try stunts that most of us with cars wouldn't try.....

Then they were not engineered right.....plus, I think what you are mentioning are probably machines with a simple sidecar added, which would be very different from what TCS and I are talking about.....Caveat.....sure, trikes can be overturned but at the hands of fools...they'd try stunts that most of us with cars wouldn't try.....

no it ordinary car just three wheels,took corner it often go on side sparks everywhere,i think it the only car that fully british(which says a lot).I did not need full licence but long time ago

Back