Husband sells $23K ring for $10.00

What's to chill out? It doesn't bother me in the least. I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to look at all options.

You don't see any !!!!! or ALL CAPS or %$&*# in my posts do you? :lol:

I saw 'not' in caps . Maybe having yard sales are not fun to you but there are plenty of people that do think it's fun. And some rich people have yard sales too.

I bet the woman did open it and saw the ring . A honest person would had gone right back to house and given the ring back to the man. My sister and I when to yard sale once and saw a piece of furniture we liked and brought it. We picked it up to put in the car and something started to rattle around inside of it. The guy having the yard sale ran over and open it up and took out a handful of old sliver dollars. They belonged to my sister and me as we brought the furniture , but we did not say anything when I guy took the money. He had forgotten all about the sliver dollars and there where a lot of them. My sister and I did not look inside the furniture and had NO idea there was money in it. The guy should had gone to all pawn shops and looked on line to see it was being sold .
We recently helped an elderly neighbor downsize her home. Some stuff was thrown out, some given to Goodwill, some sold thru consignment. I carefully checked each item for her before it left the house. We found lots of coins, currency, foreign money, important papers, and surprise weapons (ack!). You never know what people have stashed away.

When in doubt, I checked on-line for the value of items before sending them out, or got in-person appraisals from people we trusted.

Her family originally told her to just send everything to Goodwill. She did send a ton of stuff there. However, so far, we've gotten over $2,000 for her from consignment and personal sales for some of the stuff.

I saw 'not' in caps . Maybe having yard sales are not fun to you but there are plenty of people that do think it's fun. And some rich people have yard sales too.
Sorry about the huge "not". :giggle: Didn't mean to shout; just wanted it to be clear what I meant.

Still, I'm chillin'.

Nice, I love the stories where some thug tries to rob an elderly woman and gets a gun pointed up their nose or a good old fashioned beat down. I wonder how they explain that to their thug friends :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

So he says. The yard sale could be a convenient cover.

As someone who has had yard sales, the one word I would NOT use to describe setting up one is "fun." It takes a lot of time and effort.

interesting take,
now i know what to do with my old valves (tubes), rare ones but no body buys them here at good prices... lol
got me scheming now muwahahaha

We recently helped an elderly neighbor downsize her home. Some stuff was thrown out, some given to Goodwill, some sold thru consignment. I carefully checked each item for her before it left the house. We found lots of coins, currency, foreign money, important papers, and surprise weapons (ack!). You never know what people have stashed away.

When in doubt, I checked on-line for the value of items before sending them out, or got in-person appraisals from people we trusted.

Her family originally told her to just send everything to Goodwill. She did send a ton of stuff there. However, so far, we've gotten over $2,000 for her from consignment and personal sales for some of the stuff.

I heard about someone buying a house for $60,000 and the seller told the buyer to throw away any 'junk' they did not want. It turn out the buyer found a painting that was worth more than the house! I think the painting was worth $100,000! I know someone that had Alzheimer and when he dies
a shoe box of money was found in the garage, luckily there was note in the box saying the money was for his grandson. We had a lot my dad old tools in the garage and when mom got to sick to live alone the house was sold , and my older sister and ex brother called the junk men to take everything in the garage. I was not told this and I when to the house and the junk men had cleaned out the whole garage and from the looks on their faces they where very happy . When I go to fleas markets now I will find old tools like my dad and it's very ironic to me because my older sister and ex brother are very money hungry and gave away all our dad old neat tools that people like to buy .

Thats sad. I have a draw knife and a couple of planes that where my grandfathers and a bunch of tool of my wifes grandfather. People that don't work with their hands don't have the same connection with such things.

Thats sad. I have a draw knife and a couple of planes that where my grandfathers and a bunch of tool of my wifes grandfather. People that don't work with their hands don't have the same connection with such things.

My dad had a buckle factory and he made other things too like bells and cool pins and he had some in the garage . The bells where nothing like the cheap ones in the store today.

dad made studs that looked like the Jughead wore on his hat from Archie.

I just watched the news tonight. He is a double moron! He did not look in the box before selling it AND the ring was NOT insured!

My friend lives in the same city where this couple lives..i was like if there is a murder and the wife killed the husband then i'd be willing to bed it was this really po'd lady lolll

I think the wife is at fault for not telling her husband about that before she went to the hospital. Really!

If I left something valuable like that, I would let my wife know about it.

i bought baby dress at jumble sale and found opal ring in pocket,i tried to locate the person who donated it and jumble sale was salvation army, they put adds up trying to find owner never did so gave it to salvation army who sold it on and did good things with money

I think the wife is at fault for not telling her husband about that before she went to the hospital. Really!

If I left something valuable like that, I would let my wife know about it.

I agree with on this and I said this in one of my commend.

Back