NexTalk Launches ACCESS....Finally :-)

gtanner

Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that we have formally launched our ACCESS communication software. ACCESS consists of three versions; ACCESS HOME, ACCESS BUSINESS and ACCESS EDUCATION. For those who have been waiting for this software, our apologies for the two month delay.

Our original intent was to provide ACCESS HOME at no cost to the deaf community. However, as we have analyzed the short and long term funding needs for supporting the program, it has become apparent that will not work.

Most of you are familiar with a program called NexTalk.net. It is provided by the great folks at URrelay. Their software was free and provided basic communication functions. URrelay was able to give the software away because they were billing the FCC for the relay services provided through the software. Unfortunately, that came to a stop when the FCC prohibited companies who did not have a license from receiving payment for providing relay services.

The ones who were worse effected by this was the deaf community, who lost a good communication tool.

NexTalk is a software company, not a relay company. We do not intent to apply for a license. There are many good relay companies out there that we are actively partnering with to provide that service. So, that means we have to find some other means of making sure the funding is there to make ACCESS HOME a long term, reliable and stable communication tools for the deaf community. We briefly entertained the idea of ads, but we all agreed that we hate those. :)

So ACCESS HOME won't be free, it will be $3.95 per month. Our hope is that as more and more people, not only the deaf community, but their family, friends, work associates, etc., sign up for ACCESS HOME, we can drop the month fee. This allows us, collectively, to provide you with a communication tool that is self supporting and doesn't rely on Government funding to be stable and consistent.

You can get more info and order the software directly from the NexTalk, Inc. website. www.nextalk.com

Thanks for your patience, we really hope you like this initial offering and are excited for the first set of enhancements which include VRS, Video phone, VCO and some nifty tricks we have up our sleeve - but can't talk about just yet. ;-)

Respectfully,

Gary Tanner
CEO
NexTalk, Inc.

IP and Domain?

I just signed up and downloaded the client, but I will need IP address and domain to login.

The real question is: why didn't you include that information via email when purchases were being made? Otherwise your customer wouldn't be able to log-in.

NEXTALK response was very quick. Here is the info:

Domain: nextalkaccess.com
IP Address: nxt1.nextalkaccess.com

Thanks.

Oh, I almost forgot: the cost is $6.95 per month, not $3.95 :).

Back