Role Play

facadepapergirl

Reaction score
I'd like to do a role play with some of you. It is a good way to get to know people, and I love writing stories with other people through roleplay, as you never know where the story will go. I figured, since story-based roleplaying is largely collaborative storytelling, this sub-forum would be best for it.

For those of you that don't quite know what it is, rolelaying is wherein you play a role in a story, generally not as yourself, though many do play as such. There are many role playing video games, wherein you play the role of whoever the main character is, even if you make that character yourself. There are also tabeltop roleplaying games, such as Dungeons and Dragons and GURPS. These use the aids of dice and stats to help prevent arguments over who can do what, and how things such as battle go. There are live action role playing games, where you typically dress up as your character and act out your roles in real life, with other people. There are also PbP or play-by-post games, such as what I am offering here. These are simply role playing games done on a forum or through email/pm posts. My favorite would probably be freeform PbP roleplaying on a forum. Freeform means that there are no rolling of dice or stat sheets. The players are responsible for making sure that their characters are not too strong, or always win battles, or do the impossible. They must be aware of their characters' limits.

All that done, I have no story in mind, though I can come up with one. I tend to prefer fantasy or scifi, although, I would not mind doing a fan work based off of a movie/show/book, as long as the characters chosen are original (That is to say, if we were to do Naruto - which I would not like to do - You cannot be Naruto or any of the main or even minor characters. You may create your own ninja that fits into the world).

I hope that I will find others willing to do this story together. Let me know your ideas and wishes!

Back