stem cell replacement...

mayuri

Reaction score
hi...have u heard abt it...pls share ur inf regarding it

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

any1 hve heard abt surgery to replace ear damage hair cell....

It's still pretty much a question mark as to whether it will actually help or not. I also think that it will help mainly age related or late deafened people. They had a lifetime of hearing normally, so their brain can process sound as sound. Most dhh kids never had that advantage.

i hve search enough on google abt it...dese surgery r nt aporoved my fda bt operation r being perform outside usa europe...in aisa...

i hve search enough on google abt it...dese surgery r nt aporoved my fda bt operation r being perform outside usa europe...in aisa...

If it was successful don't you think it would be ALL over the news? A lot of the stuff in Asia is scams. It's still very much in the rhetorical stage. I think too they're also not realizing that stem cells are going to be effective for only certain types of hearing loss. Remember, humans have never cured a disability.

And instead of chasing a cure, why not just ACCEPT being dhh in the first place?

ya u r ryt.......its vry hard fr me to accept dat i m hoh...hear aids sucks n than i dnt understand wat pple says on cellfone...dey speak out so quickly

ya u r ryt.......its vry hard fr me to accept dat i m hoh...hear aids sucks n than i dnt understand wat pple says on cellfone...dey speak out so quickly

So why not get involved with ISL and discover the positive parts of being HOH?

You can still live a rich full life without hearing, and there are MANY MANY ways to get along without hearing.

And instead of chasing a cure, why not just ACCEPT being dhh in the first place?

Because it is a harder more dangerous life; you're more likely to have a violent experience, more likely not to get a good job, more likely to not get as many dates, more likely not to have as many friends, the list goes on. A cure won't solve all your problems, but I'd rather have the choice. So, I think it's a good thing we have a choice in our lives.

IIt's still very much in the rhetorical stage.

Drum roll and a cymbal crash, please... That was funny!

However, I did go ahead and contacted Dr. Baumgartner just out of curiousity, since I'm about 15 mi from that facility, I think. I've offered myself to be a test subject in a future or current study on prelingually deaf adults, if there is one. We'll see what happens...

Because it is a harder more dangerous life; you're more likely to have a violent experience, more likely not to get a good job, more likely to not get as many dates, more likely not to have as many friends, the list goes on.

And I straddle both worlds, much more in the hearing world than in the deaf world (I work on the floor in retail as a salesperson, and have for 10 years with my company), and I am a musician. That's why I won't let it go.

My dear universe, could you speed things up a bit? Not only would I get my hearing back, but I would be forced off SSDI so that I would be forced to scramble for a REAL job via REAL HEAT under my butt for survival, and start making a real living.

And I straddle both worlds, much more in the hearing world than in the deaf world (I work on the floor in retail as a salesperson, and have for 10 years with my company), and I am a musician. That's why I won't let it go.

My dear universe, could you speed things up a bit? Not only would I get my hearing back, but I would be forced off SSDI so that I would be forced to scramble for a REAL job via REAL HEAT under my butt for survival, and start making a real living.

It depends on the job. Work isn't so bad in some cases and you make more money than SSDI. Dealing with customers wouldn't be a good fit for me that is why I do computer work. If I could hear, I'd probably be a bartender, but that and 911 operator are not an option at the moment.

Because it is a harder more dangerous life; you're more likely to have a violent experience, more likely not to get a good job, more likely to not get as many dates, more likely not to have as many friends, the list goes on. A cure won't solve all your problems, but I'd rather have the choice. So, I think it's a good thing we have a choice in our lives.

Yea, so dangerous that I can't leave my house.

n how u pple manage to tlk.on cellphone

Back