update on frankie

he is doing about the same, and that is good because i personally think he hears more than they think, or else hes adapted pretty well. he doesnt really respond to us talking to him but he does enjoy music.

he is doing about the same, and that is good because i personally think he hears more than they think, or else hes adapted pretty well. he doesnt really respond to us talking to him but he does enjoy music.

that is good! great he is pretty hear can enjoy!

yep, he LOVES music..he still hasnt learned any signs but he does enjoy hearing baby songs and stuff, so that is something, right? he has also learned what "no" means..if hes messing with something, and i tell him no..he stops!

Wirelessly posted (droid)

What a good kid. Glad that he's enjoying himself.

i found them!!! i left them in the dehumidifying thing!
thank god..and this is after we accidentally left them at the drs office the day before yesterday..i dont even remember putting them in there but i guess i did. yay!
im doing ok..just very stressed, and pretty unhappy, to be honest..i was totally hoping that his delays were from being deaf...but it seems like every week brings a new issue that shows that its definitely not the cause. it just sucks ass, really. :/

Hang in there Mumma. I am not religious now but my upbringing left one thing with me. We are *never* given anything that we cannot handle even if it seems like we can't at the time. People come into our lives for a reason. To teach us something about ourselves. Frankie has come into your life for a reason, too.

You are a strong, capable and loving, loving mother!

Frankie is a gift to you. He is a beautiful boy who is much loved by his family. That is obvious.

Try to imagine what your life would look like without him and I think you would feel hole in heart at the thought. My two youngest were *BIG* surprises to me but I would never, ever change that.

:hug:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to keep us updated. He will soon adjust to the changes he is currently experiencing, but it is a mother's nature to feel guilty about anything that disrupts our child's constancy.

As soon as children are born they come with built in 'Mum guilt-o-meter.':giggle:

I never used to feel guilty about too much until I have kids.:shock:

yep, he LOVES music..he still hasnt learned any signs but he does enjoy hearing baby songs and stuff, so that is something, right? he has also learned what "no" means..if hes messing with something, and i tell him no..he stops!

Small victories to some are huge victories to others. :hug:

You all are in my thoughts. I am glad he is doing better with the tube. He is sleeping more and now you found his hearing aids so he can enjoy the music. The small things in life is what makes it all better.

thanks! now i do have a question..i remember back when we were going to send him to the deaf preschool, they mentioned an fm system..i havent thought much about it since but i wonder if we had one, if he would hear me talk more clearly? i know he can hear, and i just bet if he could hear a tiny bit better, it would help him immensely.

thanks! now i do have a question..i remember back when we were going to send him to the deaf preschool, they mentioned an fm system..i havent thought much about it since but i wonder if we had one, if he would hear me talk more clearly? i know he can hear, and i just bet if he could hear a tiny bit better, it would help him immensely.

Yes he would.

can his regular dr get a prescription for one or do i have to go to an audiologist again? i need to anyways to get his new ear molds.

Yes, he would, but usually one on one and not in group. I would try it. Anything to help him communicate to his Mumma.

can his regular dr get a prescription for one or do i have to go to an audiologist again? i need to anyways to get his new ear molds.

The audiologist will be the one who can do that when you go for the molds.

If I recall correctly, you had another thread about the FM system. If you want to buy it yourself, the Audi can facilitate that as Bott said. Otherwise, the County Office that serves your son would be responsible for providing the equipment, even for use at home.

and I know a great FM system by Phonak which will help the little guy.
I have a Phonak Inspiro FM unit and it runs like new :)

really again, audiogist something infect or something hearing aid

If I recall correctly, you had another thread about the FM system. If you want to buy it yourself, the Audi can facilitate that as Bott said. Otherwise, the County Office that serves your son would be responsible for providing the equipment, even for use at home.

i fired early intervention weeks ago..i could never get ahold of them! that and they were inept at even making basic appointments, or even showing up.
he also had a home health nurse that was coming out weekly to see how much he weighed, but i had her stop coming because she was pressuring the hell out me about the cochlear implant..telling me that it would make him hear 100 percent and i just HAD to do it, blah blah blah..that is one thing i am tired of, the insinuation that i am a bad parent because im not going that route. that is the first question anyone asks me when they find out about his hearing loss.
"oh, so are you getting the implant then?"
:roll:

i will say though, that sometimes it doesnt seem like he has progressed at all, but you can tell that he has somewhat, with his hearing aids. and i am glad for that.

i fired early intervention weeks ago..i could never get ahold of them! that and they were inept at even making basic appointments, or even showing up.
he also had a home health nurse that was coming out weekly to see how much he weighed, but i had her stop coming because she was pressuring the hell out me about the cochlear implant..telling me that it would make him hear 100 percent and i just HAD to do it, blah blah blah..that is one thing i am tired of, the insinuation that i am a bad parent because im not going that route. that is the first question anyone asks me when they find out about his hearing loss.
"oh, so are you getting the implant then?"
:roll:

i will say though, that sometimes it doesnt seem like he has progressed at all, but you can tell that he has somewhat, with his hearing aids. and i am glad for that.

Well, you can't really "fire" Early Intervention- do you mean you signed a document that said you declined services for your son?

Also; if you guys had a nurse coming to check his weight, why would she even comment about his hearing loss? Has his audiologist even brought up the CI yet? Didn't Frankie just recently get his HA's? As mentioned many times on this forum, a CI isn't even considered until the person has had a reasonably extensive trial period with their HA's. I believe Grendel has posted the CI requirements in another thread. So, it seems like the CI is a moot point as of now, correct?

Is he benefitting from the use of his HA's?

I recently posted about going to an allergist, and she wanted to put that aside while we discuss CIs. So its no surprise to hear of a nurse bringing it up even if it's not within her realm of experience.

Back