Should I Give Up Coffee?

When I was working nights, I drank up to 10-15 cups a night....just to get away from the work station, and chat with those around the coffee pot!....Seemed like every 20 minutes or so, somebody would say...."Coffee?...I'm buying".....If I said no thanks...then it's "ahh, come on! I'm buying".

I was a jittery mess......now I only allow myself 2 cups in the morning w/milk and 1 sugar.....no coffee at night. So I do attest that there is No Life Before Coffee in the early AM....without it, I'm sluggish for hours. Not gonna give up my coffee in the AM when I wake up. Just control my intake, 2 cups are my limit.

I remember on bad on mood cause on risk your emotion because high on coffee I learn it avoid bad mood because cause your affect your mood depression truth dont' be joke serious!

Sallylou has the right idea if you want to quit.

I have had coffee all of my life. We first had kiddie coffee which is half milk with sugar and were weaned to adult coffee. My doctor made me cut back. Still have one cup (mug which is actually two cups) every single morning. I do not wish to quit because I love the stuff.

Still, it is better for your health to drink water as Jiro suggested.

Interesting, all these comments about coffee. I have one cup in the morning with breakfast, and that's it. I really enjoy my morning coffee, but I have no desire to have any more throughout the day.

Sometimes if we go out for dinner to a nice restaurant, I might have coffee with desert, but that's rare.

I remember on bad on mood cause on risk your emotion because high on coffee I learn it avoid bad mood because cause your affect your mood depression truth dont' be joke serious!

yeah, when I drink RockStar energy drink its makes me grumpy and moody. That stuff makes you crazy

I do drink a lot of water but I love coffee.

I bought a small coffee maker that only makes one cup. Im gonna wean myself down to one cup in the morning. That should be ok

I LOVE coffee, I have like 5 cups a day, pretty safe, 2 in the morning, 1 after lunch 1 in late noon, and 1 more at night about 7ish but not too late or else id be staying awake till 1.
No , dont give it up, just be sensible, limit to 4-5 cups a day and NO MORE.
stop feeling guilty about your love of coffee.

as long you excercise and moderate other foods, you're fine.
belly fat? bs coffee makes me piss out all the nutrients its a diutric(sp?P) it makes you go toilet...
it stops me getting headaches, brighten up my eyes...gets me relaxing and have some energy for a couple more hours, whats the moaning? LOL

OK
i have it black no sugar, once in a blue moon i might have brown sugar (raw) and some milk, but i still prefer straight black.
I have those coffee maker too, its great , you get a chance to use the best beans type, hell go for french or italian, its wicked.. and i have those tiny european coffee cup , its a good life.

just avoid instant coffee, sugar and shit, but beware too though fresh coffee and HIGH stuff have high kicks so no i Never have 4 of those a day, just instant...cuz all that hassle of cleaning the machine, but i used to do have those once or twice a week but been about year since...

if its cause trouble, if you smoke, DONT have it with coffee,,,also, try have it with toast in the morning not on empty stomuch..

all up to you
i wouldnt stop enjoying coffee if i can get away with it LOL

:lol:i Never touch those caffince soft drink too nasty...its probably toxic too, or put in other way i think its dangerous not as in whats in it, but the combination used that i worry about, like i believe it while it wakes you up bigtime it also speeds up your aging process, nasty stuff. so i Never ever touch it just stick with good ol' coffee:lol:

I had to get off coffee due to the massive headaches it would cause if I skipped a day. I slowly started thinning my coffee out with decaf. Gave myself a month to do this so that eventually, I was down to straight decaf. The headaches were at a minimum and after another 2-3 days of no coffee at all, the headaches were gone.

ok Grumms, youve talked me down from the ledge.

I will start drinking it black and quit adding sugar to it

Back