Colored earmolds, anyone?

DeafDoc1

Premium Member
Reaction score
I see lots of kids with colored earmolds, and I wonder how many adults have colored earmolds? What color(s)?

I just switched to soft earmolds (blue/white stripe), and I'm curious how often you have to replace them? My hard acrylic ones were almost 10 years old!

Thanks!

I never knew you could get colored ear molds till I started reading more posts in here, so mine are just generic. I also was not told to change ear molds at all by my audi..gonna have to question him about that next visit, if there is one.

I have colored molds: royal blue. The hardest part getting used to used to the sound of my jaw. My old ones were soft and these ones are a little harder. I love them, so much easier to find them!

At the moment my molds are Lime Green. Before they were Purple. Next time I will see if Tie Dye or Camouflage.

And I have been an adult for a really long time!

i'm 23 and I have a red mold. my last 2 or 3 were red too, and for so long before then, they were skin-tone since my last audiologist thought I had an allergy to the earmolds (even though I really didn't, just the 1 crook in my ear is extra sensitive but my current earmold was even more customized so it doesn't have that topper piece that normally goes into the crook, westone purposely left it off for me!). Red's my favorite color. and as a kid, I've had bright orange, bright green, purple (and for several years had purple hearing aids... quite the colorful combination!).

My earmolds are purple and green tye-dye and purple glitter. I'm 29......

ive had my clear ones for over a year now..my audi said it only needs to get changed if they are loose cuz your ears change every so often...other than that only unless u want new ones i guess..i have hard plastic ones too so they are very good on wear and tear and don't break down really..so ya:)

It depend on material kind. Silicone is good for 3 to 5 years. But Vinyl can cause shrink and wore out by 6 to 12 months.

It was only recently that I learned here on AD that earmolds should be changed every 6 months. However, I've had hard Lucite earmolds that I've had for the past 11 years which haven't resulted in any pain, discomfort or shrinkage.

My lucite ones lasted forever, but too much feedback when my hearing got worse. My new audie recommended changing the soft ones every 6-12 months. She said they guarantee them for 6 months, and if they start to tear or have problems just before 6 months, I could have them replaced. Don't know if that's their office's policy or standard for Westone Labs.

Hi

Depends. You don't really have to replace them alot, but eventually, the color wears out, and needs to be refitted, thats why i opted for a clear mould instead of colored ones. :giggle:

I had all sorts of colours, last one was Solid Purple and i am fully grown 30 year old lady. Since i had my Implant i am now under the CI centre care for both CI and HA's, Currently i have skin tone mold for my HA (made by CI centre) and my Purple ones (kept since CI operation, it was made by NHS) for when i am doing sports with CI.

I was told to replace my molds every 6 months to a year.

Never too old for colour molds!!!

About my earmolds color. I had a clear earmolds since I was 2 until 18. I got a bright blue for 1 year. It turned to shrink. I got another new bright blue and white marble earmolds. My mom's dog chewed my one earmold in her cage. I got pissed off. I got a new earmold color is clear. I don't want to have a color earmolds as kiddish anymore. I prefer to choice a color water clear or crystal clear.

About my earmolds color. I had a clear earmolds since I was 2 until 18. I got a bright blue for 1 year. It turned to shrink. I got another new bright blue and white marble earmolds. My mom's dog chewed my one earmold in her cage. I got pissed off. I got a new earmold color is clear. I don't want to have a color earmolds as kiddish anymore. I prefer to choice a color water clear or crystal clear.

I agree they may be "kid-ish", but for me, I like it. They said I have to grow old, they never said I have to grow up! I work with kids, and they love to ask me about my cool blue ears!
:)

if i still wore hearing aids, i'd definitely have colored earmolds. i think they're cool and i'm no longer a kid! :lol:

I agree they may be "kid-ish", but for me, I like it. They said I have to grow old, they never said I have to grow up! I work with kids, and they love to ask me about my cool blue ears!
:)

Yeah! The color is cool for all ages. I'm young adult and felt want to clear from colors. I don't know why. I do love the colors either. :)

Back