New to All Deaf.com

YUNI

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Eunice A. Vazquez, Yuni is my nickname got that when I was little from my paternal aunt. Anyways I just sign up on AllDeaf.com out of curiosity and of course meeting Deaf people from other states.

So I will talk about my background little bit, I am mexican-american, my parents is originally from Mexico. I have 2 younger sisters and one of them is Deaf. I am lucky to have a Deaf sister who understand the same frustration to be in the hearing family who don't use sign often communicate with others while present in front of them.

For those people who knows me may explains me as a lil bit old fashioned for instance I do not thinks like others when it comes with daily life situations. Like for instance when I see situation wrong I would back out and say I wouldn't do it because my guts is telling me it's wrong, except for others who would go ahead and do it no matter what it's right or wrong for them.

When it comes to fashion, I love 1950's style! see that what I mean from above people do think I am old fashioned sometimes when it comes how I wear. Anyway back to the fashion topic I love modern fashion of course but I wouldn't copy what "today's hot, then tomorrow is not hot anymore" I can't keep up with that.

I have so much to say about myself but I think I will end this by one last part about myself. I am proud being a Deaf gal, when my mother found out I was Deaf few months later after I was born and she cried and cried, after telling me this story when I was little girl and I asked my mother why she cried when she found out. She said because she was sad and lost about how I could survive in real world with 2 Deaf ears. I told my mother "Mom I can walk, I can see, I can do anything I want, and God knows what he is doing and he gave me a special gift is that nobody can handle is being a Deaf person because he knew I will be strong enough to handle this because being Deaf is not a disabled but being different is what I can cope with, because everybody is different period, and I was born this way." :wave:

Oh one more thing I am currently from the state of Colorado.. Please feel free to talk to me.. I won't bite you! =)

Last edited:
Thanks y'all. Please feel free to contact me I would like to talk with some of deafies here on All Deaf :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I like the introduction that you present to us. I think you are wonderful what you have established yourself with handling with hearing family members and other hearing people in the hearing world. Life as a Deaf person in the hearing world is no picnic, that is for sure. I am glad that you have a Deaf sister to communicate with so that you won't be left out. I wish I had a sister who could have been deaf, but I have a hearing sister. :(

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I like the introduction that you present to us. I think you are wonderful what you have established yourself with handling with hearing family members and other hearing people in the hearing world. Life as a Deaf person in the hearing world is no picnic, that is for sure. I am glad that you have a Deaf sister to communicate with so that you won't be left out. I wish I had a sister who could have been deaf, but I have a hearing sister. :(

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:ty: for the nice compliment toward my introduction and the welcoming as well =)

Welcome Yuni! You are very lucky to have a Deaf sister, I wish I had one. My niece is going to be very lucky to grow up with a Deaf aunt, and a HoH brother. What brings you to colorado (what part of CO are you in)? where did you grow up? where did you go to school? Welcome to AD!

Welcome Yuni! You are very lucky to have a Deaf sister, I wish I had one. My niece is going to be very lucky to grow up with a Deaf aunt, and a HoH brother. What brings you to colorado (what part of CO are you in)? where did you grow up? where did you go to school? Welcome to AD!

Thank you, I am sure you going to be so close with your niece since you guys will understand each other more than your hearing family, from my experience with my Deaf sis. Part of Colorado that I am close is to Denver, born and grew up here in Colo. Went to mainstream school in west of Denver area. How about yourself?

Hey Yuni :) welcome to AD
And I think the 1950's fashion style is awesome hehe

Back