Mother-Of-Three Says She Was Arrested, Bruised By Off-Duty Cop For Cursing

rockin'robin

Reaction score
A mother of three was reportedly arrested by an off-duty police officer on the playground – not because she was physically or verbally abusing her children, but because he overheard her cursing.

Roxanne Beaven, 24, was reportedly speaking with other mothers at the playground at Gray’s Farm Primary Academy when the police officer overheard her while dropping off his children at school, reports the Daily Mail. Beaven, who has a 5-year-old son, said she was with her 2-year-old twin boys Archie and George Lugg at the time she was chatting with the other mothers.

She says the cop heard her use the word “c***” and asked her to mind her language. He left and when he returned and reportedly heard her cussing again, Beaven says he threatened to arrest her, reports the Mirror. She admitted she told him to “f*** off” because she didn’t know who he was and didn’t believe he was a police officer.

Beaven quickly realized her mistake when the man reportedly grabbed her arm and wrestled her to the ground.

“He has bruised my arm,” Beaven said. “It’s disgusting what he has done to me. It’s so sore, it really hurts. I ran into the school and burst out crying.”

The mom has filed a formal complaint against the officer and says her swear words were used in a conversation and were not directed at the cop.

“He was so aggressive,” she said. “He was off-duty. To me, that is a parent attacking another parent.”

Another mom, 45, reportedly tried to pull the police officer off of Beaven and knocked off his eyeglasses in the process. She was arrested for common assault and Beaven was arrested for public order offense.

An Essex Police spokesman confirmed that they received the woman’s complaint and said they are investigating the matter and cannot provide additional comment at this time.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/mother-three-says-she-was-arrested-bruised-duty-cop-cursing

if cop was off duty then cop should back off and act like a father. He could have go easy on her.. Jeez. I could have been in her position.

Sounds like he way over reacted and charging the other woman with assault for knocking off his glasses? Wow. She shouldn't have told him to f off though or swear in front of the kids. Doesn't sound like i want to know any of them.

if cop was off duty then cop should back off and act like a father. He could have go easy on her.. Jeez. I could have been in her position.

I think all cops if off duty and see something wrong they obliged do something but that was ott.and children watching

I think all cops if off duty and see something wrong they obliged do something but that was ott.and children watching

Being off duty and stopping a robbery or an assault is one thing, but getting involved with a mom for cursing? He must not have had anything better to do during his down-time...

One thing that disgusts me to see is adults cursing in front of kids.....but this cop over-reacted...I would have just said..."Wish you would not curse in front of the kids here at the park..."....then again I would be sticking my neck out, and be told "to mind my own business".....worse yet, get punched in the mouth....Some people just don't give a damn about kids or what they say (curse)...Seems this cop thought he had the power to shut this lady up since he was "a cop."

Being off duty and stopping a robbery or an assault is one thing, but getting involved with a mom for cursing? He must not have had anything better to do during his down-time...

I agree,that only a word(which women should reclaim)the kids and importantly his kids see man physical in public bad example

Back