Netflix App for PS3 now has Subtitles!!

Yeah, It sux that they don't have cc! Hopefully they would provide one in future. I am going to check out other streaming movie site. But the only issue that I don't know if PS3 would support other like Hulu Plus ect.

Catty

Yeah, It sux that they don't have cc! Hopefully they would provide one in future. I am going to check out other streaming movie site. But the only issue that I don't know if PS3 would support other like Hulu Plus ect.

Catty

All HDTVs CC become useless. Just enable CC at dvd player, directv, cable box, PS3, blu-ray player, etc and it's works great for digital CC for HDMI. We have no problem with CC on TV with HDMI for almost three years.

All HDTVs CC become useless. Just enable CC at dvd player, directv, cable box, PS3, blu-ray player, etc and it's works great for digital CC for HDMI. We have no problem with CC on TV with HDMI for almost three years.

OK I got it. I just bought a new Acer Aspire laptop and test ran Netflix on browser. It already have Silverlight installed. It turned out it have "Subtitle" button on bottom video bar. Ugh!!! No wonder why PS3 didn't have it.. Luckily, the new notebook have built in HDMI that enable 1080p for LCD TV. It now have Wireless N adapter ready and video seem smooth, Thus make things easier for me to watch Netflix on TV. I was setting up new notebook for my son's Christmas gift :lol:

Catty

so netflix subtitle works great now?

I quote wrong number, it's 381 titles so far. Here' the link that I extracted from above post #7. Catty

Thanks - that is *my* blog ;) Thanks for the plug.

...How do you know which Netflix movies have Subtitles other than Foreign movies....

Well,
1) You can check my blog for titles
2) You can check InstantWatcher.com or FeedFliks.com and look for their Subtitles listings.
3) on Netflix's website, each title shows if it has English Subtitles under the "Streaming Details" section. Also on PS3 & Wii, there is a "Subtitles|Audio" button that shows on a Title's Description Page when the title has Subtiltes or 2nd Audio (spoken Spanish, etc.) as an option. On the Wii it is on the same line as the Release Date, the MPAA rating, and the Length (on the far right).

OK I got it. I just bought a new Acer Aspire laptop and test ran Netflix on browser. It already have Silverlight installed. It turned out it have "Subtitle" button on bottom video bar. Ugh!!! No wonder why PS3 didn't have it.. Luckily, the new notebook have built in HDMI that enable 1080p for LCD TV. It now have Wireless N adapter ready and video seem smooth, Thus make things easier for me to watch Netflix on TV. I was setting up new notebook for my son's Christmas gift :lol:

Catty

PS3's "Do" show Netflix's Built-In Subtitles, but not the Bootleg subtitles. Bootleg subtitles can only be seen from a PC or Mac.

3) on Netflix's website, each title shows if it has English Subtitles under the "Streaming Details" section. Also on PS3 & Wii, there is a "Subtitles|Audio" button that shows on a Title's Description Page when the title has Subtiltes or 2nd Audio (spoken Spanish, etc.) as an option. On the Wii it is on the same line as the Release Date, the MPAA rating, and the Length (on the far right).

PS3's "Do" show Netflix's Built-In Subtitles, but not the Bootleg subtitles. Bootleg subtitles can only be seen from a PC or Mac.

This is what I am asking for. I just want to know.

Catty

Back