Where were you 30 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 18 and still living at home and attended community college. I remember those days, it was awful but not only Iran we also had to deal with Lebanon with hostages.

I was in high school. Don't remember to much, but I do remember talking and discussing it both in school and at home.

I was a radical back then. Guess how old I am now?

I wasn't even born in 1979. :)

Dang. You answered. Wasn't expecting that. Nope, 57.

Sorry it seemed like the right age to be a radical then, if my bad guess bothered you , I confess I will be 53 on Nov. 26.

I was in primary school at the time. I remember watching the news with my classmates but I don't remember much of it.

Sorry it seemed like the right age to be a radical then, if my bad guess bothered you , I confess I will be 53 on Nov. 26.

Getting a bit long in the tooth, aren't we? :hug:

I was in preschool at the time. :)

In a few months 30 years ago, I was about to attend Gallaudet University, where I met a man that I wish I never met. He became my husband who later became my ex husband 19 years later. I don't regret having my two wonderful daughters out of that marriage:)

Now I'm very happily married to my 2nd husband...he's my soulmate for life and my world :cuddle: He's a joy to be with everyday with lots of laugh and laughters.

I was a computer operator, running 4 HP computers, plus doing data entry. Those 4 computers had the same processing power as my old laptop, I think. It was an online - prescription drug - file management type of thing that was just starting out, with the old phone modems. There were about 30 pharmacies using it when I left.
I recall how the hostages were freed the same day Reagan took office.

I was in High School, and I remember these uneasy event.

What release these hostage is Ronald Reagan had won election and warned them that he will take steps to end the hostages situation and he did!

Oh? i thought you are close to my age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back